Binny Cottage is a unique adjoining of 2 traditional fisherman's cottages offering cosy yet spacious accommodation in the popular fishing village of Pittenweem. Beautifully restored by the National Trust the cottage is situated opposite St Fillans Cave (Pittenweem means "Place of the Caves" derived from Pictish and Scottish Gaelic). It is just a few steps from the working harbour; currently the most active of the fishing ports in the East Neuk coast of Fife, 20 minutes from St Andrews.
Scotland's East Neuk of Fife coast is an ideal holiday destination renowned for its gorgeous beaches, coastal walks, quaint fishing villages, world class golf and delicious local food. Pittenweem boasts the last working fishing harbour and a vibrant artistic community makes it an ideal home to the now famous arts festival. The village offers excellent local amenities including shops, village store, cafes and galleries.
The cottage is much photographed by visitors to the area and is situated in Cove Wynd; one of the prettiest Wynds in Pittenweem. The white house with red roof illustrates perfectly the classic East Neuk building style.
Set over 3 floors, the upper level offers delightful views from the bedrooms of the Firth of Forth and the Lothian coast beyond as well as the rooftops of Pittenweem.
Sleeping up to 8 people, it is ideal for families or for groups of friends as a relaxing holiday base. A perfect location to come and rest, unwind and to experience the stunning coastal scenery . Binny Cottage has a true home from home feel and offers;
• A spacious dining kitchen leading to the back garden and equipped with a dual range cooker, fridge freezer, microwave, dish washer and washer / dryer.
• Dual aspect luxurious lounge with multi fuel stove overlooking the walled garden to the west and the captivating stone strata of St Fillan’s Cave to the East.
• Four bedrooms with deep fitted wardrobes.
• x 2 king size bedrooms.
• x 1 twin bedroom.
• x 1 bedroom with a high-quality king-size sofa bed that doubles as a chill-out room - perfect for children and teenagers - which leads out to the patio garden;
• Smart TV and DVD.
• Travel cot and high chair
• A sheltered west-facing walled garden over two levels with paved upper terrace, perfect for relaxing in at any time of the day.
• Shower room with main shower, pebbled floor and underfloor heating
• Bathroom with over shower
The cottage is beautifully decorated throughout offering premium accommodation. It is adorned with the work of both local artists and other works exhibited at the annual art festival. Luxurious bed linen and high-quality towels throughout. A large selection of DVD's are available for all of the family along with books and board games.