Casa do Sol is an absolutely delightful, sunny, comfortable and modern villa for 6 people.
This lovely villa is located in a quiet and relaxing area, 300ms. away from the beach and the typical local restaurants, close to the idyllic village of Apúlia, where many of the inhabitants are farmers and fishermen. About 30kms. away you will find some urban centres of the North of Portugal: Oporto, Braga, Guimarães, Viana do Castelo. Esposende is the nearest town with a lot of touristic attractions.
The villa, fully equipped and furnished, is composed of basement with 2 car garage, laundry; ground floor with hall, bathroom, kitchen, living/dining room; 1st floor: spacious suite (king size bed with private bathroom), 2 large bedrooms (1 double/2 twin beds) and a bathroom.
Around the house there is a nice garden with lawn, swimming-pool, shower, barbecue and garden furniture.
This villa meets all the requirements to make your stay a happy and unforgettable moments of rest and pleasure. Have a nice stay!
The beach is about 300m away, just at the end of the main street. You can also bring your fishing rod or hire one. You don’t need a license, just luck for a good fishing in the river! A wooden trekking path was recently built along the river and the beach. It’s a very nice place for a walk or a picnic. You can also hire a bike (in Esposende) to have a ride in this path or other suitable areas for this purpose.
Nearest towns: Esposende (3Km), Póvoa do Varzim (15km), Braga (36km- Sanctuary Bom Jesus and Sameiro, most antique cathedral of Portugal, Guimarães (50km) European capital of culture 2012, Oporto (45km) and airport,
Nearest village: Fão (500m), Apúlia (1km).
-Sandy beach (watched) (300m),
- River (for fishing)
- Minimarket, cafe, restaurant, bakery / patisserie, chemist, hospital, church…
- Fruit and fish market (Apúlia and Esposende),
- Sailing/ Surf school (100m),
- Tennis Courts: “Axis Hotel Ofir” (300m), “Estalagem do Rio” (500m), “Barca do Lago Golf” (1km), “Estella Tennis Court” with 18-hole golf course approx. 6km,
- In Esposende- Celtic ruins (“Castro de São Lourenço) and swimming pool with artificial waves,
- Restaurants: A Lareira, Pedra Alta, Bar de Fão, A Cabana, Os Mudos, Tio Pepe, O Camelo, Azeite e Alho…
- Oporto wine cellars (45km from Esposende) in Gaia over the ”Douro” river bank
- Magnificent gastronomy of the region: fresh fish and seafood, delicious pastry: "Clarinhas de Fão" ,"Folhadinhos".
Lat.: 41º 29.38’ 70’’ N Long.: 8º 46’52 18’’ W