Architect designed waterfront villa with private dock, sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms Villa Coccodrilla is directly on the lake with a private swimming dock just minutes from the village of Bogliaco, the town of Gargnano and the city of Toscolano Maderno. The villa is built snug right between the hill and the lakeside, its porches and terraces reaching right into the lake. It sits on the edge of the lake like a satisfied crocodile, ready to slip into the water at a moments notice, and thus the name “Coccodrilla”. The house was built in the 1960s by the famous Belgian architect Leon Stynen , as his own personal vacation home, and it has been published in various journals. It was rennovated in 2016, with new kitchen and redecorated bathrooms.
- Bedrooms: Sleeps 8 in 3 bedrooms, all with beautiful lake views. Bedrooms are: one double with ensuite, one with two single bunkbeds and one family suite with double bed and sofa bed that opens to two singles.
- Bathrooms: 2,5 bathrooms, one ensuite to the double bedroom, one with access for the other two bedrooms, and one powder room (toilet only) upstairs for use from the common areas.
- Kitchen: Fully equipped brand new kitchen, with all major and minor appliances, including dishwasher, microwave, toaster and Nespresso coffee maker. Seating for 8 at the dining area table
- Lounge: lounge area with stereo and TV, seats 8-10, with stunning lake views
- Outdoor Dining/Lounge: Spacious portico with stereo music,with lake view, with marble table for 8 and lounge furniture, as well as small built in barbecue
- Private access to the lake & Dock: there is a private access to the lake and a private dock for swimming as well as short term boat mooring for boats no larger than 6-8m.
- Garden: private garden on terraced levels with steep slopes, with mature trees and flowers, fully fenced.
- Air Conditioning: Portable air conditioning unit that you can move to where most needed
- Media: TV with SKY satellite connection, digital cable, and DVD.
- Wifi included.
- Canoe provided: A kayak style canoe is provided for guest use, with life vests and necessary accessories
- Other: Washing machine and ironing board in dedicated utility room,safe and hairdryers in all bathrooms.
- Parking: 2 spots total. parking for 1 car in the garage (shared with neighbour), and 1 car outside, within the security gate
Full hands-on luxury service, including professional cleaning, hotel quality linens & towels and concierge service is provided by Holiday-Garda. All of our villas are stocked with starting supply of toilet paper, kitchen paper, napkins, coffee, tea, sugar, salt, and pepper. We also provide a wide range of luxury extra services, including personal chef, masseuse, chauffeur, excursions, airport transfers, villa stocking and much more – see the guest services section of our website (holiday-garda) for more details.
Holiday-Garda guests are always met on site with a personalised checkin with local english speaking experts, who will provide an orientation on both the house and the local area. We also provide a very detailed house manual with a local guide, including restaurant guide, shopping guide, local activities and more; and our concierge director is always available to help you liaise and access any local service.
Full hands-on luxury service, including professional cleaning, hotel quality linens & towels and concierge service is The villa is located on the main road just before Bogliaco, a small village that is part of the town of Gargnano. Though the villa is on the main road, the road is above, at the top of the hill, and the villa is nestled right down at the bottom of the hill by the lake, so your privacy is absolute and the road is not too noisy. You can reach Bogliaco in just a few minutes on foot (about 500 meters, but along the busy road so not a tranquil stroll), where you will find a couple of good bars for your morning capuccino as well as the restaurant “Allo Scoglio”, one of our absolute favourites for fish, with a lake front terrace and very child friendly. Gargnano town centre is another 1.5km down the road, and here you will find a number of small shops, 2 restaurants with a michelin star (Tortuga and Villa Feltrinelli) as well as a number of other excellent restaurants and pizzerias. Here you will also find the lake garda ferry port, where you can catch a ferry to any other port on the lake. In the other direction, about 5km down the road, you will find the city of Toscolano Maderno, a small city with all the services for the local villages and towns. Here you will find the large supermarkets, many restaurants and pizzerias, a fantastic weekly market (thursday mornings), and another ferry port. For golfers, the Bogliaco Golf club is just around the corner, in the hills just above the villa. We can arrange for a discounted green fee for our golfing guests, just ask.