DRIFTWOOD STUDIO (Churchtown, Rospletha Cliff, St Levan)
A sensationally positioned 1 bedroom self-catering home (which can also be let along with SEA BREEZE, a detached 4 bedroom self-catering holiday home) and a lovely garden overlooking the sea. A truly world class position with superb sea views within a short walk of the South West Coast Path leading to the close by Porthcurno, Porth Chapel and Pednvounder beaches. With its own private garden.
DRIFTWOOD STUDIO HIGHLIGHTS
* Truly World-Class Position with Stunning Sea Views
* Sleeps 2
* An ideal base for walkers, bird watchers, beach fanatics, Theatre goers or people just wishing a break away from it all
* Car parking space and night storage heating, all linen and electricity included
* Friday-Friday changeovers (check-in 4pm, check-out 10am) - shorter breaks available in the low season
* No smoking
* DOGS: One well-behaved dog is very welcome at the property (in the living areas - not on the furniture please). Please let me know when booking.
* Open All Year
A detached two storey studio in its own garden with superb sea views to the south and rural views to the north and only 100 yds from the World famous Minack Theatre.
Surrounded by beautiful beaches and the most glorious coastline in the country.
* An ideal base for walkers, bird watchers, beach fanatics, theatre goers or people just wishing a break away from it all.
* Located very close to Lands End, Sennen Cove if you enjoy surfing and Porthgwarra which is on the main migratory path.
* There is an 18-hole golf course nearby at Cape Cornwall, St Just where you can enjoy breathtaking views whilst playing golf.
* The Isles of Scilly make a wonderful day trip leaving from Penzance approximately 8 miles away
* St Ives and the Tate Gallery, Mousehole, Newlyn and St Michael's Mount are close by and the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan are within easy travelling distance by car
* The famous Logan Rock Inn at Treen is only a one-mile drive by car or a 20-minute walk along the coastal path.
* Within very easy walking distance of the internationally renowned Minack Theatre
* King-size double bed
The Studio offers a double bedroom with a good-sized bathroom with a loo, bath and shower. The lounge has a picture window overlooking the sea, TV and comfortable sofa. The kitchen is well equipped and has sea views. It has its own private outside space
Driftwood Studio sits in an elevated and world class position in between Porthcurno and Porth Chapel beaches which have both been described in the past by the Good Beach Guide as paradise. Perhaps the more famous of the two beaches is Porthcurno which lies in a sheltered south east facing valley within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with gorgeous fine soft white sand and high cliffs on both sides providing shelter and at the lowest tides of the year you can walk all the way around to Pednvounder beach and to the Logan Rock.
Porthcurno beach has always been popular with families and is internationally renowned for the Minack Theatre which was built in the 1920’s by theatrical visionary Rowena Cade and her gardener. This area of the extreme south west of the county is also particularly popular with walkers and ornithologists due to the rugged coastal scenery, granite cliffs and beautiful sandy coves. Also of note is Logan Rock which is famous for its 80 tonne granite rocking stone not forgetting the Porthcurno Telegraph Museum which paints the picture of Cornwall’s role in the pioneering days of global communications.
Porthcurno itself has its own pub and popular beach café whilst the village of St Buyan, some three miles away, has two excellent village shops, a primary school and an historic parish church. There are also other villages nearby with fantastic amenities. Treen has the Logan Rock pub and a thriving and friendly campsite through the summer months and Sennen Cove has the Old Success pub and fantastic fish and chip offerings with which you can watch the sunset over Cape Cornwall. Great surfing can be found at Sennen and Gwenver. St Just is also nearby which has great cafes and pubs. Penzance, the largest town in west Cornwall, has an excellent range of shops, supermarkets, banks and many other facilities. It is also an active port and is on the main Penzance to Paddington line. Nearby Newlyn has a booming fish market as well as the world-famous Jelberts ice-cream shop.
The rugged coastline of west Cornwall is renowned for its excellent walking and birdwatching and there are many delightful sandy coves in the vicinity. St Ives offers a plethora of surfing beaches and the Tate St Ives, whilst Mounts Bay is popular with sailors and windsurfers alike. Local golf courses include the West Cornwall at Lelant and Cape Cornwall near St Just.
THE HOME COMPRISES:
A private gravel path leads from the parking area around to the front of the self-contained Driftwood Studio. There is a private gravelled Mediterannean style garden which takes in the beautiful views, overlooking the sea, which leads into:-
KITCHEN / BREAKFAST ROOM – well -equipped kitchen with a table and 4 chairs, double glazed windows with fantastic views over the garden and out over the sea, understair storage with stairs leading up to:-
SITTING ROOM – exposed timber floorboards and beams with a double-glazed window with views out towards the open ocean, comfortable sofa, large TV to:-
BATHROOM - exposed timber floorboards, loo, panelled bath and electric shower (shower over bath), wall mounted night store heater, pedestal wash hand basin, wall-mounted shaver point
BEDROOM – exposed timber floorboards, Velux window, portal style window with old stock red brick surround overlooking the countryside to the rear, storage alcove with hanging rail. King-sized double bed
As mentioned earlier, Sea Breeze, a four-bedroomed self-catering property immediately next door is also available for rent (see my other listing). It has it's own well-designed, maintained and stocked gardens which wraparound three sides culminating in a full width decked sun terrace overlooking a sea-facing lawn garden which also takes in the beautiful views. You are very welcome to book both properties. If not booked together, please be aware that there may be people staying next door. It is a separate building and is separated from Driftwood Studio garden by a part fence.