A classic Welsh period property with exposed stonework and a wood
burner stove, Melin Pandy is the perfect setting for your countryside
holiday in North Wales. This renovated millhouse is surrounded by ample
lush grounds, and even has a small private gravel beach by the river
and its very own enchanting waterfall.The house accommodates 10 guests,
so there is plenty of room for your family and friends. Just 2 1/2
miles from the city and lively village of Betws y Coed with its shops,
cafes and many attractions and amenities, this property is located up a
quiet and secluded lane. If you're looking for a holiday with a touch
of fairy magic, and plenty of riverside and woodland paths ideal for
tranquil strolls, then this is the place for you.
* Size – sleeps 10 in four bedrooms.
* Beds – one king size bed, two double beds, two bunkbeds.
* Rooms – ground floor – kitchen diner, lounge, second lounge,
bathroom, utility room. First floor- king size bedroom, double
bedroom, double bunk bedroom, bathroom, double bedroom.
* Kitchen and utilities- range-style electric cooker and hobs,
fridge, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, large
double fridge freezer, iron and ironing board.
* Entertainment- 55 inch 3D curved satellite TV with surround sound
and DVD plus video. Second satellite TV and integral DVD, books.
* For families – cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring
your own cot linen.
* Outside – terraced grounds extending towards a waterfall with
gravel riverside beach. Gas barbecue, picnic table and chairs,
outside lighting, additional chairs and loungers. Sites of special
scientific interest nearby, as the owners have renovated a mill
near the house to generate hydroelectricity. There is a path that
leads from the cottage down to the waterfall.
* Parking – Ample parking available.
* General – electricity and central heating included. Linen and
towels provided. This property has it's own water supply which is
tested and filtered, the owner provides bottled drinking water for
use by guests during their stay. Starter stock of logs and coal
provided free of charge. Wi-Fi available. Fishing available for £20
per day at the owners’ private lake, which is 5 acres and is just
20 minutes away. The lake is stocked with large brown trout.
Private fishing on the river Alwen can also be arranged, though a
licence is required for this. Flyfish coaching available from
owner, who is a national instructor on single and double handed rod
techniques. Details can be obtained on request.
* Pets – up to 2 pets, and can accommodate more if requested. There
is an additional charge of £20 per pet. Please ensure that dogs are
only allowed access to the lounge and kitchen / dining areas. Dogs
are not allowed on furniture or upstairs.
* Notes- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond,
which is payable to Wales Cottage Holidays along with the balance
of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying
a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (from £25 to £70 per pet
per week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after
booking to arrange.