This is the very epitome of cosy countryside living. This peaceful
cottage, located on the lower slopes of Cader Idris mountain, is a
private hideaway where you can enjoy the solitude and tranquillity of
rural Wales. With all the delights and original features of a period
property, but also boasting luxuries such as underfloor heating, wood
burning stove and a lovely deep slipper bath, experience the best of
both worlds in this period cottage with modern amenities. Surrounded by
many stunning footpaths, this cottage is just a mile and a half from
the market town of Dolgellau, which boasts small shops, cafés and
restaurants. Just a short drive from many local attractions, such as
Mawddach Trail walking and cycle route, Coed y Brenin’s esteemed
mountain biking centre, and Bounce Below, which has the largest
underground trampoline in Europe, as well as a zip wire ride in Blaenau
Ffestiniog, this is the perfect place to return to after a busy day
getting to know the joyous beauty of Snowdonia.
* Size – sleeps four in two bedrooms.
* Beds – two king beds. (One bed can be arranged as twin beds on
* Rooms – ground floor – open plan kitchen living and dining area,
utility room, wet room with WC. First floor- King-size bedroom with
ensuite, king-size bedroom, bathroom.
* Kitchen and utilities – gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, fridge,
microwave, washing machine, freezer. Tumble dryer is located in the
garage next door.
* Entertainment – Smart TV.
* For families – cot, stairgate, and high chair can be provided on
request. Please bring your own cot linen.
* Outside – multi-level garden with stream. Seating area with eight
seater picnic table, bistro table with chairs, and charcoal
* Parking – ample parking available.
* General – central heating and electricity included. Bed linen and
towels provided. Wi-Fi available. Two hairdryers provided. Bicycles
may be stored in the garage. Free logs provided for the wood
burning stove. Washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets are
* Pets – up to 2 dogs are welcome at an additional cost of £20 per
dog. Please keep dogs on ground floor only. The cottage is
surrounded by sheep pasture, and so care must be taken.
* Notes – no smoking inside the cottage. This property has a £150
good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Wales
Cottage Holidays along with the balance of your holiday.
Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable
fee of £5 per person instead.
* As this is a period property, the stairs are steep and narrow, and
are therefore unsuitable for guests with limited mobility.
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (from £25 to £70 per pet
per week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after
booking to arrange.