Included amenities: Wifi, Welcome Pack, Toiletries, Area Tips, Cleaning, Fridge Fill Service, Cafetiere, 24/7 Support.
Amid the twinkling white townhouses of Pimlico sits a retreat so tranquil you might even mistake the clamour of the city for the joyous twittering of birds in the ivy. For Westmoreland Terrace is a country home at heart. You’ll spot glorious green valleys, woods dark and deep, and the prettiest of flowers in the artwork adorning the walls. And in a home as serenely beautiful as this, you may fancy you’re strolling among them. Dream away the days in the most elegant comfort before heading outside and finding London bustling away right on your doorstep.
The country girl:
Your talented host is a garden designer who’s expertly beguiled all the whispering ambience of the outdoors inside this peaceful home. Her main abode is in Wiltshire with her twin children, but Westmoreland Terrace is the perfect locality for her London lifestyle – by day meeting clients and attending engagements; by night visiting the theatre and dining out with friends.
Far from the madding crowd:
Every detail of this home shimmers with sophistication and a pastoral charm. The sitting room basks in buckets of pearly daylight, courtesy of two large windows, through which you can gaze upon the quiet street below. A radiant L-shaped sofa, clad in comfy cushions, is just the spot in which to recline with a good book – and you’ve a charming coffee table perched conveniently close at hand. Dine in splendour at the shapely antique table, but not before you’ve readied a marvellously rustic meal in the chic wooden kitchen.
A distinctly regal king size bed rules over the bedroom, swathed in the land’s crispest linen, while paintings of flowers and forests will float your dreams like drifting pollen across the gentle valleys of the countryside. The bathroom’s decked in honeyed wooden floors, a characterful old mirror, and, of course, a cache of our marvellous White Company toiletries.:
The many restaurants and boutiques along Pimlico Road will satisfy the most discerning eaters and antiquers, while nearby Tate Britain flaunts the very best in British art. You’re also within swaggering distance of Chelsea and its famous King’s Road, lined with prestigious bars and shops in which to flex your credit card. Follow the Thames upstream towards Battersea Park, or ramble north and find yourself amid the gracious expanse of Hyde Park. When you’re ready to trade country for town, the tube from Pimlico station to Oxford Circus takes under ten minutes.:
- This home is not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
- There are stairs up to the entrance of this home, and no elevator.
- With the front french doors open in summer you can hear some traffic noise from the street below.
- There is a bath but no shower in this home.
- The bathroom is on a split-level and thus a few steps down from the bedroom.
- There is no wardrobe in the bedroom so we will provide a hanging rail for storage.
- The communal entrance to the home is in need of some tender love and care.
- This home doesn't have air conditioning. Between june and september, we'll place fans in each bedroom. Please let us know if you'd like fans outside the summer period.