Welcome to our 200 year old stone cottage, which has been tastefully renovated to provide comfortable accommodation for up to four guests.
Our place has a cosy lounge and corner dining area, made more authentic with a characterful stone flagged floor. If you like a real fire, you’ll love the log burning stove ensconced in its original stone fireplace. We set the fire ready to go and in the cooler months, we leave you a basket of complimentary logs. To supplement this, there’s gas fired central heating.
Our fully fitted and well-equipped kitchen includes a fan oven, induction hob, microwave, refrigerator, toaster and kettle. We leave a welcome pack for you including fresh bread, milk, butter, tea, coffee etc. We always have basic larder items to start you off.
Two comfortable double bedrooms are situated on the first floor.
The bathroom is a double height room, beautifully lit by a skylight window and it has a bath with electric shower.
To the rear, you’ll find a paved yard and to the front a small garden.
The property is three minutes’ walk to Hebden Bridge railway station and five minutes’ walk to the centre of the town with its array of independent shops, cafes and restaurants.
* Please note that if your group includes children younger than five years of age we would like to make you aware of the following aspects of the property before you book it.
The points for your consideration are as follows:
• We are set up mainly for adults with two double beds and we don't provide any equipment such as stair gates, cots, baby bath etc.
• The stairs are carpeted but please be advised that the lounge is stone-flagged with a largish carpet square in the middle and all other rooms are finished with varnished or painted floorboards.
• The wood-burning stove can be a hazard for young children when in use - of course you could just run the central heating and wouldn't necessarily have to use this.
• And finally, there are three stone steps from the kitchen out to the back yard.
On a plus point for the children, the cottage is situated across the road from the town park with a safely enclosed kiddies area and skate park for the older ones. On a plus point for everybody, there's Park Life Cafe, which sells lovely food and drinks and possibly ice cream in the warmer months (no promises on that though!)