Green Gardens is a proper comfortable family home. Ideal for those who appreciate character over perfection. (house dates from 1847), original features and an eclectic mix of vintage / contemporary and traditional.
GROUND FLOOR (FIRST FLOOR in the US) ;
- SITTING ROOM - with comfy sofas, coffee tables, original open fire and marble mantelpiece, large bay windows.
- KITCHEN - proper cooks kitchen with Bulthaup units (the iconic Bulthaup stainless steel System 20), wall mounted food larder with Kilner jars, Miele oven, Gaggenau dishwasher, Thermomix TM5, 2 wooden dining/cooks tables, Miele fridge/freezer, Original fireplace and open fire, painted original floorboards, French doors to patio.
- PATIO - outdoor area with wooden boards, outdoor dining table and benches, logstore, gate and staircase down to garden/driveway/parking area.
- BATHROOM/WETROOM - wall hung toilet, basin unit plus mirrored cabinet, contemporary shower, heated towel rail
- LAUNDRY ROOM - Washing machine, tumble dryer, central heating boiler (please note this room is marked “private” as it is also used by us for additional storage, and most short-stay groups don’t require access to it)
FIRST FLOOR (2nd floor in US)
- BEDROOM ONE (rear) - double room with 2 x single beds, dual aspect original Victorian sash windows, washbasin, wardrobe, bedside table and lamp
- BATHROOM/SHOWER ROOM - 1800mm x 800mm bath (larger than average UK bath), Mira shower above, glass bath/shower panel, washbasin, toilet
- BEDROOM 2 - Double bed plus single bed, ensuite shower room (shower / washbasin / toilet), wooden wardrobe, Georgian side table, lamp, Victorian leather bedroom chair
- BEDROOM 3 - Superking size bed with memory foam mattress, plus single Ercol wooden bed (iconic vintage 1960's Ercol piece), pine wardrobe, washbasin. George Smith armchair, dressing table & chair, lamp.
- BEDROOM 4 - Antique double size wrought iron bed, marble topped wooden desk and chair, lamp
SECOND FLOOR / ATTIC (3rd floor in US)
BEDROOM 5 - door and stairs up to attic bedroom, sloped ceilings and Velux skylight windows. Superking bed, plus single sofabed / daybed, bedside table and lamp, oak chest of drawers. Hanging clothes rail, Barcelona chair and footstool.
OUTSIDE - driveway for multiple cars, large garden (NOT currently child friendly, and undergoing renovation this year. - we have some mature fruit trees, the aim is to grow more food and create a wildflower grassed area - please note the garden is a work in progress)