Gîte de la Gaouna
Prats de Sournia is a picturesque village in the Pyrenees Orientales.
Its charm, its welcome and its splendid panorama will not leave you indifferent. Nicknamed "the Balcon du Fenouillèdes", perched at 640m altitude, you can admire a superb view on the Corbières, the Gulf of Lion and the Canigou.
Most of the streets are pedestrianized but car parks in the outskirts of the village allow access from both the bottom and top.
All the lanes that go up will lead you to the signal tower of the 11th century which dominates the village.
At the bottom of the village, in the small restored church, you can admire the altarpiece, frescoes and polychrome wooden statues from the 13th century.
The village is characterized by narrow streets which serve several small plots.
Whether you are staying in Prats, or simply strolling through its narrow streets, the locals will reserve you the warmest welcome.
Prats is equipped with a municipal swimming pool open during the summer months: this will allow you to enjoy a supervised swimming away from the tumults of the coast.
- Landscapes, panoramic views (orientation table)
- Flora (more than 250 species of plants)
- Farmers, artisans of art
- Romanesque church of the 12th century
- Signature tower of the 11th century
- "Fontaine Vieille" 1830
- To see her
- Hiking trails and walks around the village allow to discover the site and the Panorama; Table of orientation
- Path of the huts 7 km from the village
- Proximity of the GR20
- Day at the Balcon du Fenouillèdes on the 1st Sunday in June (artisanal and farmer's market, entertainment)
- Heated swimming pool: July and August
- Foyer bar associative with terrace, open every day in summer and weekends during the year
- Pétanque grounds
- Picnic areas
- Numerous activities in summer
- Rallye du Fenouillèdes in November
- Trails and marked trails around the village: Hiking, mountain biking, trail ....
- Trail trail: "the summits of the Fenouillèdes"
- Cathar castles
- Gorges of Galamus
-Museum of prehistoric man Tautavel
- Villefranche de Conflent, medieval city, Vauban, UNESCO
- ...... ..