Welcome to our holiday home in Provence, a stone's throw from the Luberon National Park, and close to Gordes and the 'Golden Triangle Villages'. With three double bedrooms (two can be configured as either King or twin), large heated private pool and modern kitchen and bathrooms, all set in an acre of shaded wooded grounds, we hope that you will love it as much as we do.
Tucked away on a rural no though road, but less than 10 minutes drive from both the centre of L'Isle sur la Sorgue, famous for its markets, antiques and restaurants, and pretty Fontaine de Vaucluse, this is the perfect base to unwind by the pool, or to explore the picturesque Luberon villages and Vaucluse countryside, historic Avignon and the Rhone valley. With the help of a local architect, we have recently sympathetically refurbished the house, keeping original features but creating a large, airy open plan kitchen / breakfast room which leads to a spacious and comfortable living room. Everything is new and good quality - German appliances in the kitchen, comfy English beds, boutique bathrooms, white cotton bedding and fluffy towels.
The large (11m x 4m) pool is heated by an air source heat pump and has an electric security cover.
Specifically we have:
• L-shaped kitchen with gas hob, integrated double ovens (including combi/microwave), dishwasher, fridge, two sinks, Nespresso coffee machine. Plenty of glasses, crockery and utensils.
• Adjacent utility area with American fridge-freezer with ice making, washing machine, tumble drier and ironing board
• Dining area with large table, traditional fireplace, high chair, French windows to huge terrace and further door to side terrace
• Double open arches lead to spacious sitting room with sofas, TV (European satellite channels), DVD, fireplace, door to terrace
• Further room with table tennis table, doors to terrace
• Large L-shaped terrace around two sides of the house with outdoor dining table, gas BBQ, comfy sofas and sun shades
• Master bedroom with super-king size bed (180cm) or 2 x 90cm beds. Space for cot (travel cot supplied)
• Second bedroom with super-king size bed (180cm) or 2 x 90cm beds. Access to romantic roof terrace
• Bedrooms 1 and 2 share a bathroom with twin basins, full sized bath, walk-in shower and wc
• Third bedroom with king size bed and en-suite shower room (walk-in shower and basin)
• All beds made up for your arrival with quality cotton sheets
• Additional separate wc's upstairs and downstairs
• Bathrooms both with towel heater, liquid soap, cotton towels and hairdryers
• Shady poolside open cabane and pool loungers. Pool towels provided
• Boules court and hammock
• Free Wifi throughout
• Single garage to store bikes, golf clubs etc
• Welcome from local property manager who is on hand in case of need
• Weekly cleaning and linen change
We are in a perfect location, less than 10 minutes drive from local town (L'Isle sur la Sorgue) with twice weekly markets, numerous riverside restaurants and shops, galleries, antique shops, supermarkets and railway station.
• 5 minutes to superb golf course, Golf de Saumane
• Fabulous cycling in the area, both leisurely and sportif. Easy access to Mt Ventoux
• Beautiful walking / hiking from the door
• Nearby canoeing, high ropes course, mini-golf, horse riding, fishing, rock climbing
• Explore the Luberon villages, Gordes, Menerbes etc, and visit the Abbaye de Senanque, Lavender museum, churches and chateaux
• Visit Avignon, including the famous bridge and the historic Popes Palace, or the Roman amphitheatre at Nimes
• Drop into many nearby wineries and try (and possibly buy) the excellent local Luberon and Ventoux wines, or venture a little further to the famous Cote du Rhone vineyards
• 30 minute drive to Splashworld Provence waterpark and Lac de Monteux bathing and watersports
• 30 minute drive from Avignon Caumont airport
• 30 minute drive from motorway (A7).
• 45 minute drive from Avignon TGV station
• 1 hour drive from Marseille Provence Airport