Located in full Bourbonnais, with 500m of the forest of Tronçais (one of the most beautiful oak forests of Europe) this magnificent home of the 12th century is composed of 3 buildings among which 2 livable and can accomodate 15 people. The central part was completely redone 2 years ago; it has a large kitchen / living room / dining room that can accommodate everyone. On a plot of 3 hectares, a large pond, it is possible to fish, swim and go boating and canoeing.
This former lordship dating from the 12th century is an old castle converted into a magnificent mansion consisting of a U-shaped building and two towers truncated during the French Revolution. You will be able to discover the famous legend of Loup de Mazières and other fascinating stories of Bourbonnais!
We put at your disposal 2 out of 3 buildings, the 3rd being the barn (equipment, box, storage ...).
The older western part is composed of:
- 1 large entrance
- 1 living / dining room
- 1 small kitchen in the tower (microwave, kettle, gas hob)
- 1 bedroom with open double bed on the courtyard
- 1 very large bedroom with a large bathroom (2 sinks + large bath / shower a little capricious)
- 1 bedroom with 2 single beds
- 1 bedroom with a double bed
- 1 bathroom with a bath + 1 shower + 2 sinks
- 1 laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
The central part was renovated 2 years ago and has all the modern comforts:
- a very large kitchen (5-burner stove with oven, microwave, kettle, dishwasher, toaster ...),
- a living room and dining room in the same space as the kitchen
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 bathroom with a large shower and 2 sinks
- 1 bedroom with 1 double bed + 1 single bed
- 1 bedroom with 3 single beds
- 1 large bright living room with TV, foosball, large library, games for children ...
The garden: You have at your disposal:
- a very pretty flowery courtyard where you can take your meals (tables, chairs, bbq ...) and relax (deckchairs)!
- 3 hectares of meadow
- a pond (not fenced - beware of young children) with boat and fishing rods, where it is possible to swim
- a ping-pong table
- a trampoline
At the border of Allier (03) and Cher (18), the house is in the middle of nature, close to a farm where cows, hens, goats, dogs gambol happily! The forest of Tronçais is 500m, you have countless walks to do in 5 minutes. Discover the multi-century oaks, the Colbert high forest dating from Louis XIV ... on foot, by bike ...
For those who love old castles, the Jacques Coeur route offers magnificent castles and abbeys to visit: Ainay le Vieil, Culan, Noirlac, Sagonne ... The pond Saint Bonnet located 5km will offer during the summer swimming, paddle boats, big slides, mini-golf, bike rental .... Cérilly at 5km offers 2 tennis. At Le Veurdre 30 km it is possible to go canoeing on the Allier.
The nearest train station is at Saint-Amand-Montrond, 20km from the house (Paris Austerlitz / Montlucon link). Bourges is 50 minutes away. Access by motorway is via the A71, Saint Amand Montrond (3 hours from Paris).
Mobile phones do not go everywhere in the house, it's up to you to guess the connected places! There is wifi in the main rooms.
- Pablo the rooster, and his laying hens will be delighted to welcome you (and sometimes offer you some fresh eggs).
- Karola, our old mare, has a well-deserved retirement in the field; it MUST NOT be mounted but will be happy to be cuddled!
If you do not want to bring your sheets and towels, we can rent you:
- 100 € for sheets and towels for the whole house.
Cleaning (mandatory): 100 € for the whole house.