• Woodburning stove in open fireplace
• Garden / Patio / Conservatory
• Pub/shop < 1 mile
• Washing machine
This pleasant and spacious end-terrace cottage is set in the quiet village of Maiden Bradley near Warminster within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The cottage provides spacious accommodation for families and friends who wish to explore the wonderful countryside of Wiltshire and the nearby cities of Bath and Wells, Shaftesbury and Salisbury.
Set over three floors, there are two spacious twin bedrooms, a double room with a convenient en-suite shower room and an additional family bathroom.
The well-equipped kitchen is perfect for preparing meals which can be enjoyed in the generous living area with a good size dining table.
Gather the group together in this sociable area and you can plan your next day’s adventures.
In the evenings, the comfy sofas in front of the woodburning stove provide an ideal place to unwind with a drink or catch up with your favourite TV programme.
French doors lead out to a conservatory then onto the pretty garden, just ideal for relaxing summer evenings or enjoying alfresco dining after a day sightseeing.
Over three floors.
- 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC,
- 1 x twin,
- 1 x second floor twin.
Bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
* Oil central heating with woodburning stove
* Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine,
* TV with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
*. Unrestricted parking
* Cottage garden
* internet/wifi & TV (signal can be intermittent in this rural area)
* No pets
* No smoking
* Village pub 2 mins walk
* full set of bedding (5 beds £40) and towels (12 towels £10) available on request
* Note: Smoking is not permitted in the property or the grounds
* Note: Check-out by10am and check-in after 4pm on Saturdays.
* fully refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £250 as standard.
* Any towels or linen if provided must be returned.
* Note: £35 cleaning charge is included in the price for light cleaning. If heavy cleaning is required after your stay, then this will be deducted from the bond
N.B. in the extremely unlikely event of a problem with the water, heating or electricity supply in or to the property we will aim to fix any failure within two full working days of being notified. If we are unable to secure an engineer in this time, then we will refund £20 per day that the failure persists. Please notify us immediately of any failure.
MAIDEN BRADLEY Nearby Places of Interest
Frome: 6.3 miles; (with large Sainsbury's and Homebase on the way in)
Warminster: 7 miles; (with Morrisons in the town centre)
Bath: 19 miles;
Wells: 21 miles
Salisbury: 27 miles.
Shaftesbury: 15 miles
Stonehenge: 21 miles
Stourhead: 4 miles
Longleat House: 3 miles
Longleat Safari Park: 6 miles
Cheddar Gorge :29 miles
Wookey Hole: 23 miles
Old Red Lion, North Brewham, BA10 0JL: 7 miles
The Bull Inn, Hardway, BA10 0LN: 8 miles
This attractive village lies on the Wiltshire/Somerset/Dorset border in a conservation area and provides easy access to many Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is situated on the borders of the Cranborne Chase. The village has all the amenities you could need with a community shop, a pub, Post Office and churches. Nearby is the market town of Warminster situated at the head of the lush Wylye Valley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Well known for its military connections, the old charm of the village centre has been preserved, where you can still find a blind house, quaint dwellings and inns built from the local Chilmark and Bath stone. Also nearby is Frome, with its architecture resembling that of nearby Bath.
Nearby there are lovely walks in abundance, whilst no visit to this area would be complete without exploring the stunning house, gardens and safari park at Longleat.
Alternatively, visits to the magnificent cities of Bath and Salisbury, or sites of Stourhead and Stonehenge are not to be missed. This lovely area is full of surprises, providing a great base for your excursions and lots to see and do.
Direct payment by online bank transfer only. The good housekeeping bond is fully refundable. This deposit is a security against loss or damage only. Whenever you make a direct payment, please advise us via email so that we can check and confirm your payment has gone through properly. Our bank details will be sent to you on confirmation of the booking, as will the property details.
1. Checkin is from 4pm onwards on the Saturday starting your holiday, leaving by 10am on the Saturday at the end of your holiday.
2. Key collection details will be provided on receipt of booking monies & good housekeeping bond. Please advise me as soon as you have made the payment so that we can send you the new entry details for the property.
3. There is a welcome folder inside with detailed information about the house, the village and the area. Please take the time to read this as it does contain important technical instructions on operating the TV, WiFi, heating & fires etc. which need to be followed correctly.
4. We ask that the property left in a clean and tidy state, so please leave it as you find it for the next people. Repairs, restorations and losses will be charged for as will heavy cleaning (current cleaner rates are £17.50 per hour).
If you would like to book your holiday at Crossways, please contact: Mrs Higgs on 07816 680860 or 0208 398 4621