Spacious and light apartment nearby the center of Bruges. Only 10-15 minutes walk to the vibrant medieval city! Everything is nearby, at the end of the street, your private garage and a very quiet neighborhood. You can relax and enjoy the sun at one of our 2 terraces. Ideal for couples (+ baby). Everything you need to enjoy your stay in Bruges: TV + WI-fi, fully equiped kitchen. If you want sheets and towels included, an extra 20 euros cash will be asked, so let me know on beforehand. Enjoy your stay!
1 bedroom apartment, with kitchen, bathroom and private garage.
- english, french, german, dutch
- Calendar last updated:
- 17 Mar 2019
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
Very clean, modern flat in quiet residential area but with some drawbacks
The positives are more or less summed up in the review title. The flat was about 15 minutes walk out of the centre of Bruges & there is a bus stop round the corner that takes you to the bus/rail station. V. good bakery at the end of the road & a good-sized Carrefour supermarket about 5-7 mins walk away. We stayed in the flat for 5 nights in mid-Oct.
Unfortunately for us there were some drawbacks, which would make me hesitate to recommend the flat:
1) Biggest one is that there is no hanging space whatsoever, not even any hooks in the bathroom. So we had to keep things folded up. (There is no iron & board either.)
2) There were no instructions in English that told us how to use the oven, that also doubled up as a microwave & grill, & we had one of our evening meals spoiled as a result. It seems to take a long time to cook things.
3) Similarly, if we had needed to use the heating (which fortunately we didn't) there was no instruction about how we did this.
4) You will need to take a dressing gown since the living room blinds only cover part of the window & you have to go into the living room to get into the toilet.
5) The bathroom, which is off the bedroom, was very difficult to negotiate. It's v. small & the shower screen over the bath has a mind of its own, being very difficult to fold back in order to take a bath & the screen then occupies the limited space in the bathroom & annoyingly keeps opening itself from its folded position.
6) There is a shelf under the mirror in the bathroom above the sink but this is at an angle & everything falls off.
7) A full-sized dishwasher is provided but there is insufficient crockery to use it very often, unless you wastefully run it only a quarter full after each meal. A dishwasher is one of our essentials when booking self-catering accommodation, since we cook most evenings, so we found this a real nuisance.
8) Finally we were a bit non-plussed that the owner suggested to us a day before we flew to Belgium that it was rather hard work for her to provide bed linen & it would surely be no bother for us to bring our own. The provision of bed linen is one of our essentials when booking self-catering so that it does not impact on our luggage allowance, not to mention the additional weight in carrying cases on & off conveyor belts, escalators, stairs & trains.
9) It really added to the stress of our holiday that we did not receive instructions about how to get into the flat until we had landed at Brussels.
I agree on nr 1, no comment on all the other numbers mentioned... Sad that you feel like that or get annoyed by thing like that while travelling. You are always free to ask me questions about everything and again I'm not a hotel...
Clean and quiet
Great space! Only feedback would be to add silverware to the kitchen.
Thank you very much! I will look for more cutlery.
Super séjour à Bruges
Appartement très propre et lumineux. Idéalement situé, nous avons pu visiter Bruges à pied en laissant la voiture dans le garage ! L'appartement est bien équipé. Il manque juste une armoire dans la chambre.
Heerlijk weekendje Brugge
We vonden dit een fijn en lekker ruim appartement. Op 10 minuten loopafstand van het centrum.