Luxury Oceanfront Mansion that Sleeps 14; Top 5 most valuable Vancouver Property
About Silver Kim
I grew up in Toronto and fell in love with the mountains and the ocean the first time I visited Vancouver in the 90's. I always knew that I would find my way back, and jumped at the first opportunity to move here 10 years ago. I love spending my spare time hiking, golfing, traveling, eating good food and watching films.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
The house was perfect in every way - from the spectacular view of the water and mountains, with seals popping their heads up and bald eagles flying overhead - to the huge, well-equipped kitchen where we prepped meals to eat on the patio. The house and grounds are impeccably maintained. The beds were extremely comfortable and the living spaces quite generous for our party of 6 (3 couples). Lovely pool! Silver, the caretaker, was charming and easy to work with. Truly an outstanding place to experience the beauty of Vancouver. What a treat! Book it!
6 of us stayed at this house. 4 adults and 2 children. The home accommodated all of us comfortably. Lots of space. We enjoyed breakfast on the back patio overlooking the water. We would stay again. Silver was very accommodating and helpful. Everything was perfect
What a privilege to be able to use this beautiful accommodation for our family of eleven people (7 adults & 4 children - ages 12-16). From the beginning, the property manager, Silver, was warm, welcoming, and gave us a tour of the house. He was also very available by text/email whenever we had a question. The kitchen and open concept living area was perfect for all our good "cooks" and the view absolutely magnificent from most of the rooms and the terrace. All enjoyed the swimming pool and viewing of all the water activity and eagles flying. This is just 1.5 hours from Whistler Ski Resort where our 19 year old joyfully spent a day downhill biking. The city of Vancouver is less than 1/2 hour away, so the city life is close by to tour. Indeed, a fabulous vacation!
Amazing Property with a stunning View!
Overall an amazing property with a stunning view! Silver was also a friendly and courteous host. Below, I will summarize the good, the so-so, and a few negative comments regarding our stay at Cotton Cove Estate:
- Oceanfront property with a jaw-dropping view...you will not be disappointed!
- Beautiful grounds suitable for children with an abundance of wildlife to watch. eagles, seals, hummingbirds, etc.
- Kids play area with a small house, swing, and monkey bars.
- Pool overlooking ocean.
- Very private and exclusive.
- Very large house suitable for a large family and/or gatherings.
- Ample parking for up to 3 cars.
- House in reasonably good condition.
- King size bed were Tempur-pedic and overall very comfy and the bedding was clean.
- Amazing view of ocean from Master Bedroom.
- Large, well-stocked kitchen with most items you will need for cooking and serving.
- Silver was a great host and very friendly.
- The house is old, built in the 1940s, and it shows. It is not in bad condition per se but do not expect a perfectly renovated modern house (floors creaks, no AC etc.). Of course, none of this is unusual for a house over 70 years old and many will find this to be part of the character of the home.
- Although the pool was in a stunning location, the pool temperature was too cold to use for any length of time over 30-60 min. Again, some may not mind a cold pool at 26C, but it did not work well for us. In fairness, the pool temperature was disclosed in the House Rules, but for the nightly rate that we were paying for the house we would expect some flexibility to heat the pool to a temperature where we could have enjoyed the pool more.
- Train tracks close to house and a bit loud at times.
- The pool cleanliness was not great upon check-in. There was a fair bit of debris in the pool on the first day, and it stayed that way most of the week until the pool guy finally came to clean it on Day 4. We would expect for the nightly rate charged a pool in a cleaner condition.
- The house was generally fairly clean on check-in, but not "clean". There was old bacon in the microwave that was obviously there for a few days, the floors were not as clean as we would have liked, and the coffee maker was very dirty and rusty on the inside (needs to be replaced - kettle as well to a lesser extent).
Overall, 4/5 stars as we enjoyed our stay and we would definitely stay again.
This is an amazing property and location. We could not have been more pleased with the experience and our host. Hope to visit again some time!
Absolutely a gorgeous property. The Seabus to Vancouver is located in No. Vancouver (15-20 minute) drive. Makes travel to city simple. Views, pool and outdoor dining space is perfect. We will definitely be back!