Villa Ruza is a traditional, detached stone built house located right on the seafront (first line) of Tivat Bay in the village of Donja Lastva. Villa Ruza has 2 floors, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and is available for up to 6 guests. Villa Ruza is fully air conditioned so you are in control of the temperature, detached with a beautiful terrace facing the sea. Villa Ruza was completely renovated to the highest standards in 2016-2017 and is now available for families and friends to enjoy. At Villa Ruza we have combined the benefits of traditional local materials with all the conveniences of modern living. Villa Ruza faces west and enjoys the sun all day and the most amazing sunsets as the sun sinks over Tivat Bay and behind the mountains. Behind are the mountains which separate us from the Bay of Kotor. Villa Ruza was once owned by Naval Admiral whose grandchildren we purchased the house from.
Villa Ruza sits between the Church of St Roko and the Café Giardino in Donja Lastva. Villa Ruza is about 200 years old and has a completely updated private, secure outside terrace of 35 square meters. The internal floor space is 90 square meters
The terrace has plenty of space and facilities for you to enjoy outdoor living and eating. There are shady and sunny areas so you can always choose the most comfortable place for you. Lafuma sun loungers are available for you to use.
There are three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a fully integrated modern kitchen, dining room, living room and a private outdoor terrace.
The bathrooms are floor to ceiling tiled with a WC, sink, shower, towel heater and cabinet.
The kitchen is brand new, spacious, light and airy with:
• Beautiful granite worktops throughout.
• A gorenje electric hob and oven.
• A gorenje extractor unit.
• Integrated gorenje fridge and freezer.
• Integrated gorenje Dishwasher.
• Integrated Bosch Washing Machine.
• Matt Black Franke sink
• Bosch Kettle
• Bosch Toaster
• Wine glasses
• Beer / Juice glasses
• Rakija shot glasses
• Tea Cups
• Plates, bowls and cutlery for 12 people.
• Pots, pans and utensils for cooking.
The downstairs floor is tiled with the original red and cream tiles which have been in the property for 200 years. The floor was re-laid as part of the renovation. You will see exactly the same type of stone tiles in the old city of Kotor.
There are three fully air-conditioned bedrooms.
The beds were all handmade and assembled in the rooms in 2017.
The mattresses are ultra-comfortable and were all new in 2017.
• Bedroom #1 has a double bed (200 cms x 200 cms) with sea and mountain views.
• Bedroom #2 has a double bed (180 cms wide x 200 cms long) with views of the sea, mountains and church.
• Bedroom # 3 has 2 single beds (90 cms wide x 200 cms long) with views of the church.
Wardrobes are currently being built for bedrooms 1 and 2 and so do not show on the photographs. Bedroom 3 will have shelves.
• Private Parking for up to 2 vehicles.
• Beautiful views across Tivat Bay from all windows to the front.
• Café Giardino is 10 meters away. It is a quiet Konoba (water front restaurant / bar) which is owned by our neighbour Zoran and his family. They are super friendly and specialise in fresh fish dishes. Zoran and his son catch the fish themselves.
• Café Giardino will deliver your order to the house if you would prefer to eat at home.
• Beautiful Catholic Church of St Roko is our other neighbour. I recommend you look inside. Don Nikola (the resident priest) is very welcoming. The church bells ring between 07:00 and 22:00 daily. On the hour and every half hour. It is all part of the charm of the area.
• Convenience Store a 5 minute walk away.
• The marina, restaurants and shops of Porto Montenegro are a 15 minute walk along the seafront.
• All windows have glass windows and composite shutters so you can control the sunlight and temperature of the house.
• Original stone floor which has been cleaned and re-laid for the first time in 200 years.
• Exposed original stone interior walls in places.
• Reclaimed maritime brass lighting throughout.
• Canvass prints of the house prior to the renovation.
• New windows and shutters.
• Oak wooden floor up the stairs and throughout the three bedrooms.
• Handmade solid oak dining table and chairs.
• Two matching sofas purchased in 2017.
• Log burner for the winter.
• War Memorial to some fallen partisans from WW2 immediately next door to the left.
Villa Ruza has a fenced off child friendly front terrace. We can provide baby gear including high chairs and cot on request.
You can swim in the sea right in front of Villa Ruza. Just around the corner is a safe, gently sloping beach.
The area is very popular with visiting artists who enjoy painting the sea, sky and mountains.
There are plenty of opportunities to sail at Porto Montenegro where they have a fleet of J70’s and Blu 26’s available for rent. I can make all the introductions there.
There are numerous local places where you can walk in the hills and mountains.
If you like architecture then the ancient venetian city of Kotor is just one local example in the UNESCO protected bay of Kotor.