Set within the pretty village of Horstead and with the Broads National
Park on the doorstep, The Gable House offers spacious and attractive
accommodation, making the perfect base for a holiday with family or
friends! Complete with wooden play equipment, a large garden for
letting off steam and a Wii console in the Sitting Room, there is
plenty to keep the children entertained, whilst you put your feet up
and unwind. Horstead is known as the gateway to the broads where raw
natural beauty, big bright skies and the serene vast waterways await
you; with the wind in your hair and a map in hand the best way to
explore this area is by water. Turn the key, or raise the sail! Hire a
boat or yacht from one of the many local boat yards, wind your way
along the waterways watching out for inhabiting wildlife which adorns
these parts. For bird lovers head to Ranworth Board walk where you can
walk out to the hides and try to track down a Bittern or Heron who hide
in the reedbeds. A trip to Norfolk would not be complete without a day
at the coast. Head to the east coast with its sandy undisturbed beaches
or to the north where salty marshes and rocky pools also offer up
plenty of opportunities for fun with the family.
Size: Sleeps 14, 7 bedrooms
* Nearest beach: 15 miles
* Will consider: Short breaks
* Access: Car advised
* Nearest amenities: Walking distance
* Family friendly? Yes
* Pets: Two pets welcome, please be aware of our booking information
* Smoking: Not allowed at this property
* Luxuries: Smart TV x 2, TV x 2, DVD player, Blu-ray player, DAB
radio, iPod dock/radio in each bedroom.
* General:Gas central heating
* Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron
* Utilities: Electric cooker, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer,
wine cooler, washing machine x 2, tumble dryer, dishwasher x 2,
* Rooms: 7 Bedrooms (4 En-suite), Kitchen, Utility/2nd Kitchen,
Pantry, Dining Room, Sitting Room, Snug/Sitting Room 2, Cloakroom,
Bathroom, Shower Room.
* Beds: 2 Super king, 1 King size, 1 Double, 2 Twin
* Other: Towels. Travel cot x 2, Highchair, Stairgate x 3. Books and
games provided, Wii console. This is a non smoking property.
* Outdoors: Garden, with lawn,pond, patio, charcoal barbecue, table
* Children should be supervised close to water
* Access: Driveway for 7 cars.
* Mobile phone signal: Variable
* Good Housekeeping Deposit Scheme: There is a £500 deposit payable
for this property.
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (up to £25 per pet per
week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after booking