Build in 1924 and was known as the "celebrity party house". The fireplace is rare, arched ceiling, pictures windows and a sense of friendly ghost everywhere!! (20 minutes walk from the beach)... Cozy, artistic, cool, VERY comfortable and comes with free bikes! *** PLEASE NOTE: If my place is booked in your dates, PLEASE CONTACT ME. So I can open blocked dates or find you a place in my other beautiful apartments.
Get Your Own Private Cottage With Full Amenities!
About Dary Rees
I am an artist and a business woman. I own a gallery and represent many artists. You can see the gallery and about me at Very Venice Art and also my new app technology at Art Plus Home
Dary Rees purchased this Cottage in 2002
Why Dary Rees chose Venice
Great for long term OR short term stays! Excellent location; 6 miles from LAX, 4 miles from Santa Monica Pier and Santa Monica Promenade. I offer more then any other listing in Venice:---------- * vaulted ceiling / artistic apt ----------- * 5 min bike ride from beach / 15 min walk ---------- * Quite neighborhood -------- * laundry on site--------- * your OWN private kitchen & bathroom ---------- * Quite area in walking distance from Abbot Kinney and Lincoln Rd--------- * comes fully furnished with lots of dishes and accessories to make your stay enjoyable. ---------- * Also included are Towels & Linens, and Toiletries ( i will provide with a hairdryer, soap, shampoo), some basic food, coffee, tea and much more.... All you need is your toothbrush :)-------- * FREE bikes!-------- All you need is your toothbrush :)-----------
What makes this Cottage unique
* This rental is for a private and fully furnished studio * Included wireless internet and TV Dish with many movie channels. * Super close to LAX, Santa Monica, and Marina Del Ray! Take a stroll through funky Venice neighborhoods, explore the Venice Canals, walk to Venice Pier, and frolic at the beach! Abbot Kinney Blvd hosts some of the best shopping, entertainment, and dining in all of LA. The first Friday of every month is Food Truck Friday where all of LA's food trucks come and showcase AMAZING food of all types! Great for live entertainment, amazing weather, and fun vibes! * late check-in is OK! *** Plenty of free parking right in front of the house !!!
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
Comfortable, clean and relaxing, I WOULD STAY AGAIN
I stayed at the property with my husband and daughter. Close to LAX (we Ubered). The room was clean. It was a studio with a queen bed and a large twin for my daughter. Bathroom had shampoo, conditioner and body gel and hair dryer. Towels were included. Kitchen had full refrigerator, and a cook top, coffee maker, toaster over and microwave. We were able to prepare meals for ourselves with no problem.
The house has lots of trees and plants growing in the garden. The garden isn't groomed, so don't expect it to look amazing. However, it is very natural and adds to the whole experience of "privacy". The room we rented Amazing Beach Cottage is in the front of the house and had a patio where we sat to eat all of our meals (there was also a table and chairs inside if we wanted to eat indoors).
Bikes are available for use. First come first serve. We brought our own helmets (there are helmets there, but I prefer my own equipment). Chains are also available for when you take the bikes out so that you can chain them up where ever you go. The bikes aren't new, so don't expect them to be in perfect order. But I was satisfied with them and used them frequently. There are also beach chairs and umbrellas for use. Again, first come first serve.
From the house you can walk to the beach, it's about 30 minutes leisurely walking. Or, you can bike to the beach...about 15 minutes. Or Uber, 5 minutes. A large Wholefoods and other supermarket walking distance. There is a coin operated washer and dryer in the laundry room, that came in very handy. Next time I go there I won't bring as many clothes with me because I can wash and wear.
The house has a gate with keypad entry and video surveillance.
The owner is not on the premises, but available by phone and near by if any issues.
When I was there I saw the cleaning ladies getting rooms ready for guests. I liked how much time and effort they put into the process. it made me feel comfortable to that they did the same for my room.
Oh, super important! There are various rooms to rent at this property, but not all of them have a private bathroom. I wanted a private bathroom and was glad to have it.
The only down-side for us is we stayed for 1 week and cleaning daily services aren't available like a hotel. We kept the space clean, but after walking around, going to the beach, etc, we wanted at least the floor to be vacuumed and washed.In all fairness, I never requested this service.
Great for long term OR short term stays! Excellent location; 6 miles from LAX, 4 miles from Santa Monica Pier and Santa Monica Promenade.
I offer more then any other listing in Venice:
* vaulted ceiling / artistic apt
* 5 min bike ride from beach / 15 min walk
* Quite rich neighborhood with many celbrities live around
* laundry on site
* your OWN private kitchen & bathroom
* Quite area in walking distance from Abbot Kinney and Lincoln Rd
* comes fully furnished with lots of dishes and accessories to make your stay enjoyable.
* Also included are Towels & Linens, and Toiletries ( i will provide with a hairdryer, soap, shampoo), some basic food, coffee, tea and much more.... All you need is your toothbrush :)
* FREE bikes
* Walking to the beach will take you about 15 min leisurely walk.
* The house is 5 min walking from the famous Abbot Kinney Blvd with many unique shops, coffee houses and great restaurants.
* Uber and Lyft are always available, and convenient ways to get around. Bus transportation is also available as well as bikes.
* I have other apartments available, so there may be other guests staying during your trip. It makes it so much fun!!
* located 4 blocks from California's largest Whole Foods Market; enjoy all day hot and cold buffet food bar, organic produce, organic meats, and some of California's freshest fruits and vegetables. You can also enjoy any of the 3 Farmers' markets located in the area during the week.