Recently featured on HGTV's Lakefront Bargain Hunters, this beautifully renovated waterfront property is the perfect spot to decompress and get away from it all. The summer of 2018 will be it's 3rd year on the market, during which time it has housed many happy rental groups, including golf getaways for the dads, relaxing wine time for moms, and, most frequently, family getaways for the grandparents, kids and grand kids.
Feel the relaxation calm you each morning as you enjoy the view from inside the home where a sprawling wall of windows allows you to see the water from anywhere in the room or walk out to the large deck and become part of the scenery. Even the lake is calm in the morning offering a view like a water color painting with the trees and houses reflected in the water that is still and quiet.
The yard is a large, flat, grassy space that leads right up to the water where all can enjoy yard games (not included), the sand box, relaxing by the fire, kayaking or paddle boating in the lake, or swimming or fishing off of the dock. The large shade trees make the yard enjoyable even in the hottest summer months. There is so much to do you'll never want to leave the property!
But, if you do, Treasure Lake offers so much more!
1. Head to the pool to enjoy swimming in the newly very large pool with a waterslide. While there you can get quick meals, snacks, or ice cream at Pirate's Cove or enjoy the outdoor poolside movie or the live music (music and movie are 1x/week during summer months only).
2. Check out the many beaches throughout the community: 2 on Treasure Lake and 1 on Bimini Lake.
3. Head over to Little Flipper lake (about 2 miles from the house) and enjoy waling on the nature trail around the small lake or fish in this smaller catch and release fishing pond.
4. All three lakes are stocked for the fisherman in your group too!
5. Have some golfers vacationing with you? Treasure Lake has two beautifully maintained golf courses, which both also have small restaurants at the clubhouse for everyone to meet up for a drink or a meal after golfing. Have a family putting contest on the putting green afterward!
This location also offers day-trip opportunities too! Elk Country is about a 45 minute drive away. Visit the visitor center and walk on the short walking paths with the family and enjoy the beautiful Pennsylvania Wilds scenery. The visitors' center is full of information on the Elk and the area where they roam. While there, enjoy a wagon ride around the property and keep your eyes peeled for wildlife while you ride. The horses that pull the wagon are gorgeous animals and all of the staff is very knowledgeable about the area. Before heading home, head over to Winslow Hill for more breathtaking views of the area and an even better chance to see the elk.
Cooks Forest is also the perfect day trip for the family where there is something for everyone! Here you can enjoy hiking trails, horse back riding, and picturesque views of nature. http://www.cookforest.com/activities/hiking/index.cfm
Bilger's rocks - Bilger's Rocks is a super cool natural area in Clearfield County featuring sandstone formations and recreational areas, including caves, cliffs, passageways, climbing routes and more. Enjoy a haunted hay Ride Oct. 24-25. Hayrides begin at dusk on October 24 & 25 and cost $5 per person. (Friday: 6:30-10pm & Satuday: 6:30-Midnight)
Penn State: Penn State is just over an hour away. Come stay and enjoy a game or just a visit.
Downtown DuBois - There is also the town of Dubois to explore if you're looking for more restaurants, grocery stores, or basic shopping needs. Our family enjoyed eating at Luigis.
Want to take a night off of cooking? Head into town to Luigis. Located on a quaint street in downtown DuBois, Luigis a perfect place to take a night away with the family and enjoy an authentic, family owned Italian restaurant. You won't be disappointed! Papa Johns now delivers directly to the house if you want to opt for a pizza party instead.
Come enjoy the snow and ice fishing once the lake freezes or cozy up by the fire and watch the winter wonderland.
More details about the interior of the home:
This two-story home has brand new everything! The five bedrooms are neat and clean and full of comfortable beds for up to 15 people. Two of the rooms have queen beds and the other three rooms have bunk beds (two twin over fulls with trundle and one twin over twin with trundle). There is one full bathroom on each of the two floors (two full baths total). Both floors have beautiful views of the lake and large sliding doors for deck or patio/yard access.
• Private lakefront property on middle of Treasure Lake
• Access to the community pool
• Large sandbox area on property
• 4 kayaks
• Large paddle boat
• Private beach down the road about 5 minutes with great playground and swings (Plus 2 additional beaches)
• Beautiful lake view from new windows on main floor of house as well as the first floor and deck and patio
• Small dock platform for fishing and hanging out
• Large deck (10 x 38) with views of lake and gas grill
• Fire pit area (bring camping chairs
• 2nd refrigerator in basement
• 55" HDTV on basement floor
• Fully renovated luxury kitchen stocked with plates (glass, plastic, and kids), cups (glass, plastic, and kids) , pots and pans, utensils; all new appliances including refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and double oven; 36" farm house sink, granite counters, brand new cabinets, and a table that seats 12, also 2 additional seats at island
• Brand new washer and dryer
• Large upper deck overlooking lake with grill and plenty of outdoor furniture to relax and enjoy the view as well as patio below with covered ceiling above to allow you to enjoy the lake protected from rain or sun
• Central air conditioning and gas heating
• Ceiling fans upstairs bedrooms
• All bed linens provided
You should bring:
• Towels for bathing, beach, and hand towels for kitchen and bath
• Paper towels, napkins, toilet paper
• Garbage bags
• Aluminum foil and plastic wrap
• Dish soap/dish washer soap/HE laundry detergent
• Bath soap, shampoo and other personal toiletry items
• Food and beverages, plus condiments
• Fishing rods, tackle box
• PA fishing license (available for purchase at Marina)
• Medicines, prescriptions
• Sunscreen, bug spray
• Personal life vests
Link to the HGTV episode on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Creek-Lake-Beyond/dp/B072LPVRVD/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1504636862&sr=8-5&keywords=lakefront+bargain+hunt