Just off the main road along a short farm track, Villa San Filippello is situated within a 2 minute drive of the town and is perfectly located for anyone that just wishes to escape into rural Sicily. The 5 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (incl. en-suite), open plan kitchen and living area provide ample space for guests to relax and unwind. The spacious outside terrace (including a separate kitchenette) and separate swimming pool area with outdoor shower, create the perfect opportunity to enjoy the Sicilian sunshine, whether it be to cool off in the pool or to eat 'Al fresco' surrounded by the stunning landscape. Set within its own grounds are an abundance of olive, fruit and almond trees, that are well maintained by a local groundsman. Electric gates and an alarm system provide total peace of mind when leaving the Villa for long periods of time. The remotely controlled lights on the drive, terrace and pool area help create an ambient and tranquil setting, perfect for evening dining.
1. The local Patron Saint of Ciminna is Santo Vito and he is buried in the local church of San Giovanni.
2. Ciminna was also the film set of the highly acclaimed 1963 Luchino Visconti film Il Gattopardo (The Leopard), starring Burt Lancaster due to some of it's wonderful churches and landscape.
3. Famous Hollywood film director Martin Scorsese's mother is from Ciminna and still has her house in the town.
4. Ciminna is only 41km from the town of Corleone, made famous by Francis Ford Coppolla's 'The Godfather' trilogy.
5. The Massimo Theatre (Teatro Massimo) in Palermo was also famously used in Francis Ford Coppolla's 'The Godfather Part III'.
FOR MORE INFO & PICS:
Please visit www.facebook.com/VillaInSicily
Follow us on twitter: @VillaInSicily