PLEASE NOTE WE OFFER FIXED BOOKING PERIODS ONLY:
- 7 NIGHT STAYS COMMENCING FRIDAY OR MONDAY
- 3 NIGHT WEEKEND BREAKS - FRIDAY TO MONDAY
- 4 NIGHT MIDWEEK BREAKS - MONDAY TO FRIDAY
(Note - Prices on this site for alternative periods are not valid)
Alternative periods may be available outside peak times - please enquire.
During the Xmas/New Year period the above fixed periods do not apply and our minimum stay is 4 nights.
4 bedrooms, sleeps 9-10, large lounge & kitchen, south facing with outstanding sea and mountain views, large patio and garden
Mur Llwyd is a traditional 200 year old farm cottage, beautifully refurbished to a high standard. Located on the glorious Llyn Peninsula in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it is just a few minutes drive from the bustling holiday villages of Abersoch and Llanbedrog. The cottage is situated in an idyllic, elevated and peaceful location with panoramic views of Hell's Mouth and the surrounding hills and is conveniently situated for exploring many local beaches and attractions or a perfect location for relaxation. This south-facing property boasts a large patio and extensive garden with parking for 4 cars and space for a small boat/dinghy.
The spacious ground floor includes a large lounge with feature picture window, a sociable fully fitted kitchen / dining room with French doors to patio, utility room, bathroom with free-standing bath, double bedroom and twin bunk room, both featuring original beams. Upstairs, Mur Llwyd sleeps an additional 5-6 in two large bedrooms and a wet-room, making the cottage ideal for one large family, or two families who would each have their own area and bathroom.
The accommodation includes High speed Wi-fi, large flat screen TV with Netflix and Xbox.
Dogs are welcome for a small fee.
The property features:
- entrance hall with large framed map of the peninsula, shoe racks and coat hooks.
- spacious, airy lounge with feature picture window seat to take in the stunning views, luxury corner sofa, easy chair and pouffes, Welsh dresser. Exposed original roof beams and stone wall, wood-burning stove. Entertainment includes large flat-screen TV, WiFi, Netflix, Xbox and DVDs, board games. Traditional flagstone floor.
- kitchen / dining room with exposed original roof beams and stone wall, bespoke dining table, bench and chairs to seat 10, cosy breakfast bar with stools overlooking the rear garden, French doors leading to the patio and outdoor dining area, far-reaching views of the sea and surrounding hills. The kitchen is modern and fully-fitted, with dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, oven, hob and microwave. Traditional flagstone floor.
- utility room with washing machine
- double bedroom with stunning original beam feature, double bed, bedside tables, wardrobe and drawers. Picture perfect views of the sea and hills.
- twin bedroom with bunk beds, beams, large drawer unit, views to the garden.
- modern family bathroom with luxury free-standing bath, WC and basin. Stunning views from window.
- light and airy double bedroom featuring original beams, two windows with garden view and a third, velux window with views to the sea and surrounding hills. Double bed, wardrobe and drawers, antique chair.
- triple bedroom with double and single bed, large drawer unit. Velux with views to the rear of glorious countryside, including Garnfadryn, the highest peak on the peninsula. An extra guest bed will fit in either of the upstairs bedrooms.
- luxury wet-room with shower, WC and basin, fantastic views from velux.
Travel cot, high chair and hairdryer are all available.
- ample parking for 4 cars
- south-facing patio with companion bench and large dining table
- extensive garden surrounding the property
- charcoal barbecue
- panoramic sea and countryside views
- Hi speed wireless broadband included
- bedding and towels included
- oil-fired central heating throughout
- electricity and heating included
- TV with Freeview and Netflix
- travel cot and highchair available
- dogs welcome by arrangement
- no smoking
Mur Llwyd is close to unspoilt beaches and scenic coastal & mountain walks. Nearby beaches include Abersoch, Llanbedrog, Porth Ysgo, Hell's Mouth and Porth Ceiriad. The cottage is very close to Garnfadryn, the Llyn's highest peak which makes for an enjoyable walk for all ages with the reward of panoramic views of the entire peninsula, Snowdonia and Bardsey Island. Mur Llwyd is also close to several National Trust properties including Plas yn Rhiw and Porth y Swnt as well as the Plas Glyn y Weddw Gallery at Llanbedrog which hosts outdoor theatre/cinema during summer months.
Nefyn, Morfa Nefyn and the historic Porth Dinllaen village, beach and famous Ty Coch Inn are also a short drive away.
Nearby at Porth Dinllaen is the renowned Nefyn and District Golf course with it’s unique 26 hole layout situated on rugged coastal headland with sea and mountain views from every tee and a 16th hole stop-off at the Ty Coch Inn. Llyn Golf Centre is also close by at Llanbedrog.
Other nearby attractions include Caernarfon Castle, Criccieth Castle, Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways, Nant Gwrtheyrn Welsh Heritage Centre, Greenwood Forest Park, Glasfryn Parc Activity Centre (Wakeboarding, karting and ten-pin bowling).
The cottage is also an ideal base for trips to Snowdonia National Park, Portmeirion and Anglesey. Snowdon and Coed y Brenin are approx 1 hour’s drive away for walking and mountain-biking.
The local beaches are excellent locations for surfing and body-boarding.
Numerous other sports and activities are available nearby including sailing, pony-trekking, white-water rafting and paintballing. The Llyn Peninsula’s rolling terrain and quiet lanes offer excellent cycle routes for both serious and leisure cyclists.
There is also rich and diverse local wildlife in and around the Peninsula including grey seals, dolphins, porpoises and many species of birds.