Two Bedroom Apartment, Sleeps 4
- English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
Cool apartment in great location
The apartment was just as advertised and located in a great location - away from the tourist areas but close enough to walk everywhere. The check in was perfect and Bruno made it all very smooth. Lots of good local restaurants and bars. We'll definitely be back.
Convenient, clean & perfect location
Property was switched
This property had a water pipe break 4 days before we were to arrive. The management company "Gem Accommodations" never notified us of this problem. We were met at the airport with our pre arranged driver who brought us to an unknown area where we met the representative of the management company. He informed us there was good news and bad news.. Bad news was the apartment we had rented four months earlier wasn't available. They offered a refund or this apartment, (good news?) at 7:30 pm, taxi driver gone, in a location we had no idea where we were we felt we had NO Choice but to take this apartment. Terrible location, miles from the historic area, we needed to take metro each way to get to the area we had researched . If we had been notified when the pipe burst 4 days earlier we could have chosen a much better location . We also had problems with the apartment they chose to put us in. Windows had lost their seal ,always cloudy couldn't see out , and when it rain the windows leaked making couch very wet. Unit was on 7th floor ,top floor, attic of building. We had problems with the elevator on three different times. We expected a reduction in the amount we paid,as this apartment was in a bad location. I also can't believe this apartment in this location would rent at the same price as the historic/ river area. We had researched the area we wanted to be in, this wasn't even close to that area. We only had three days to enjoy Lisbon and the location of this apartment made that difficult. It diffidently tainted our visit in Lisbon.
First of all thank you very much for your review and for staying with Gem Accommodation.
In relation to your comment, we wanted to clarify some things:
1. Our apartment is on Avenida Fontes Pereira de Melo (continuation of Avenida da República) which is next to Avenida da Liberdade one of the most emblematic avenues in Lisbon.
2. In relation to not having warned you in advance you are right and I apologize, but we thought it was the best way not to scare you because the apartment was also very good. Once again we apologize for this inconvenience.
3. Regarding the location, the apartment we suggest is a 12-minute walk from Avenida da Liberdade, this avenue that, besides being the most emblematic of the city, is just a few minutes walk from the entire historical area of the city.
4. Regarding the problems with the apartment, I apologize but as you know there are things that happen that we can neither predict nor control as it is the case of having problems with the elevator. The problems with the apartment are our responsibility and we apologize for this.
5. Regarding the discount, we offer you a transfer service directly from the apartment to the airport at 7am and we will offer you a discount.
I hope that we can accommodate you and your group again with us without any issues. In conclusion, I hope that we can receive you again in one of our apartments and that this time there are no inconveniences. Once again, I beg your sincere apologies, but we tried to give you the best stay in Lisbon possible.
Duarte Vinagre - Head of Reservations
Perfect Apartment for 2 couples
We had a fantastic stay at Barrio Alto to end a 3 week trip to Europe. Perfect place to relax and explore Lisbon. The apartment has character and is well appointed. Bruno did an excellent job checking us in and answering additional questions during our stay. I will give you an advisory, the neighborhood is busy and loud. The street has trolley and bus traffic, and there is a large amount of long term construction going on. This will not bother your sleeping, however; because the 2 bedrooms seem to be soundproof. Our only regret is that we could not stay for another week.
Modern, clean and close to everything!
My husband and I and another couple stayed here from September 19th thru the 22nd for the first leg of our trip to Portugal and Morocco. This was by far the most comfortable and convenient apartment that we had on our trip. Bruno and his staff were easy to get ahold of and to communicate with. It was so nice to have a washing machine to clean our clothes before leaving as we packed lightly for a 2 week trip. We got our bearings on the city of Lisbon pretty quickly and loved being able to walk about anywhere from the apartment. My husband and I enjoyed the exercise of hiking up the hill of beautiful Lisboa and seeing so much history at every corner. The apartment is next door to the fabulous Social B where we met our favorite bartender every night for a night cap.
If we ever make it back we would definitely stay again!
Great apartment! Location is good and close to restaurants, stores and attractions.
Bruno was very helpful and made some great recommendations to us. He was also very helpful with our luggage in and out of the apartment.
We would definitely stay here again if going to Lisbon!
Sue - Oakville. ON