- English, French, German, Spanish
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
A Perfect Sayulita Retreat for the Adventurous
We stayed here for 9 nights and had an amazing time. If you are looking for a real getaway, and don't mind a bit of "glamping" due to the partial open-air accomodation, then this is the place for you!
Things to know:
* There is a 10 minute drive on a windy and bumpy dirt-road to get to the property (but in our mind, it was well worth it). Make sure you don't arrive first time by night and ask for maps to get here... roads don't have names. 4WD ideal but we had a compact VW car and managed.
* The kitchen, dining table, and one king bed is outside on a beautiful patio. The bedroom (with 2 double beds), bathroom, and closet is behind a sliding glass door with screen. When we went in December/Jan, the weather was beautiful and we never felt cold.
* You can see the ocean in the distance and hear the sound of the waves constantly (gorgeous!)... "tame" jungle surrounds the property with the sound of exotic birds and cicadas
* There are 2 different paths within walking distance to 2 different beaches: 1st beach (closest) is small, and at low tide has a tide pool that is safe for children and good crab watching; 2nd beach a little farther and requires a little hiking over rocks gets you to a bigger beach that is great for body surfing... both beaches are practically deserted!! Note to property owner: a map in room how to find paths to beaches would be helpful.
* There is wifi but no landline telephone or tv (perfect for getting away)
* There are caretakers on property, and for $10/day you can have room cleaned when you want.
* There is a coati Mundi (raccoon like creature) that likes to tear through the garbage at night... my advice: put garbage cans in utility closet on side of building at night.
* Overall bugs not bad, but make sure you don't leave food out (keep it in fridge), clean up after yourselves. There is small gas stove, coffee maker and toaster, but no microwave.
* Limited small grocery stores in Sayulita. To buy more supplies: go to Walmart in Bucerias on the way to Sayulita. Because of the bumpy road in, we ate out in Sayulita once a day and made food at apartment for other meals.
If you are looking for a real getaway, to unwind, be out in beautiful nature without the craziness of Sayulita... this is the place for you. We really got to unwind here and would definitely come back again. Thank you!