Cotswold House in the village of North Nibley is a very large, super stylish, luxury property with a beautiful private garden. It is unique in that it has a huge amount of downstairs living space as well as 6 bedrooms which can accommodate up to 16 people making it ideal for large gatherings. The property is easily accessible from London, Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester.
The small village of North Nibley, in the heart of the South-West Cotswolds countryside features a well stocked shop and a great pub, it is close to themarket towns of Wotton Under Edge, Nailsworth, Tetbury and Stroud as well as Dursley. It is also in easy reach of Cheltenham (particularly for Gold Cup week), Bath and Cirencester as well as Badminton (for the annual horse trials).
The property can accommodate up to 12 guests (+ 4) in 6 bedrooms and benefits from wood burners in both the sitting room and drawing room while the kitchen features a warm cosy Aga as well as a induction hob and double electric oven. The house has a luxury boutique hotel feel with beautiful vintage furniture, a Farrow & Ball paint palette but also modern facilities such as Wifi, flatscreen TV with DVD player and a very well equipped kitchen. There is plenty of parking available at the property,
We are child friendly and provide a cot and high chair free of charge.
We are also dog friendly and accept one or two well behaved, mature dogs (no puppies please) for a small additional fee of £25 per dog per booking. For the benefit of future clients, we do ask that dogs are kept downstairs at all times and stay off the furniture and that no trace of a dog remains after departure.
Photographer available – the owner of the house is a photographer and offers preferential rates for groups at the house so if you are celebrating a special occasion and would like some wonderful pictures do let us know.
For bookings more than 10 weeks in advance a 30% non- refundable deposit is required to confirm the booking, If the booking is made within 10 weeks of the commencement date, the full accommodation sum will be required. Payments can be made by cheque or BACS transfer in £ sterling.
All bookings are made subject to the cancellation policy set out in the Terms & Conditions - which you will be sent upon enquiry.
This property is strictly a no smoking property.
A refundable deposit of £900 is payable two weeks before arrival which will be returned to you after an inspection of the property following your departure. The property should be left as it was upon arrival and if there is work to be done above and beyond the general cleaning and bed changing then the owner has the right to charge for extra tidying up etc.
The maximum occupancy of the property, including its grounds is 16 people, at any point during your stay. Unauthorised occupancy is a breach of the Terms & Conditions and can result in the cancellation of the booking as well as additional charges. Please let us know if you want to discuss having more guests at the property than the specified 16. Infants do not count towards the total occupancy figure however, we can only accommodate three additional infants.
Accommodation - a floor plan is available
Cotswold House can sleep 12 guests (plus 4/5 children) in 6 bedrooms of which two are en-suite. The bedroom configuration consists of five flexible twin or double rooms and one fixed double room. There are also four comfortable fold-up single beds which can be made up – details upon request. Just let us know your requirements beforehand and we will ensure your bedroom arrangements are configured before you arrive.
Arrival and Departure Times
the standard arrival time at Cotswold House is 4pm and the standard departure time is by 10am however are very flexible on this particularly for two night weekend bookings. Fo rweekend breaks which begin on the Friday you can depart as late as you like on the Sunday (let us know if you want to stay till the Monday) . For visits arriving on a Saturday you can arrive as early as you like on the Saturday.
We can provide keys via a key safe so it doesn't matter if you arrive late at night.
• Entrance Hall
• Kitchen: fully equipped, hand painted kitchen with granite surfaces and an Aga, plus separate electric oven/induction
hob and microwave, dishwasher and large country kitchen table & seating
• Cloakroom with w/c
• Sitting room – wood burner, two, large comfortable sofas, armchairs, TV and DVD player
• Drawing room – wood burner, dining table seating 14 and comfortable sofas and arm chairs TV & DVD player/CD
• Bedroom 1– super king bed, zip and link bed which can either be made as large double or twin
• Bedroom 2 – super king bed, zip and link bed which can either be made as large double or twin
• Master Bedroom – super king bed which can either be made up as a double or twin plus en-suite shower room
• Bedroom 3 – super king bed zip and link bed which can either be made up as a large double or twin plus an en-suite
• Bedroom 4 – super king bed zip and link bed which can either be made up as a large double or twin
• Bedroom 5 – king size double bed - NOTE THIS ROOM HAS A LOW BEAM
• Family bathroom with bath & overhead shower
Cotswold House is set in a beautiful, well stocked private garden with a paved terrace complete with built in coal BBQ with table and seating for outdoor eating.
There is also a children’s playhouse and swing and various outdoor garden games such as croquet and badminton.
There is parking for up to 6 cars within the grounds.
• Well behaved, mature dogs (no puppies please) are allowed at the owner’s discretion – charged at £25 per dog.
• Sorry, weddings at the property not available - wedding guests very welcome.
• Sorry, smoking not permitted.
• Sorry, no stag parties.
• Late night noise restriction policy in place.
Services & Facilities
The following items are included in the rental:
• Linen and bath towels
• Entertainment: DVD player, CD player, radio, TV, books, board games
• Two wood burners, one initial basket of logs provided
• Hand wash and shower gel
• Wifi internet connection
• 1 travel cot (NB bedlinen not provided) & 1 high chair
• General provisions: initial supply of bin bags, dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, toilet
rolls/coffee/tea/sugar/salt/pepper/spice rack/tin foil HOWEVER these are not expected to last you the duration of
• Comprehensive utensils/cooking aids
• Other: iron/ironing board, basic first aid kit, fire extinguisher, fire blanket
Services On Request
• Additional housekeeping
Photography of event
• Spa treatments at the house
Accessibility, health & safety
This is an old property and has lots of character features including low beams in one room as well varying floor levels so those with limited mobility or carrying babies should be aware that exiting the property in the event of an emergency could be more difficult. There are hard wired smoke and heat detectors in the house which operate on a sound only basis so those who have a more severe hearing impairment may not be able to hear them and could be at risk.
The gardens are not child or dog proof and there is an open gateway which leads on to the road so young children and animals should not be left alone and should be supervised at all times.