Cowrie is a newly refurbished comfortable and well equipped single level family beach house situated next to a quieter Baby Bay beach in New Polzeath. It has lovely sea and coastal views, large gardens extending to Baby Bay, modern kitchen and bathrooms, excellent and flexible space for socialising. It is particularly suitable for families with young children, surfers, walkers and golfers ( sorry, we have No smoking and No dogs policies).
Polzeath beach is one of the best and safest surfing beaches in Cornwall with the Surf School and variety of water sports both in Polzeath and nearby Rock. Loved by the families with children Baby Bay is excellent for building sand castles, rock pooling, body boarding etc., whilst the main Polzeath beach is a good place for more experienced surfers. There are two golf courses within short drive and a number of shops, beach cafes and restaurants in Polzeath – just a short walk across the beach. Nearby Rock, Port Isaac and Padstow offer a wealth of places to eat and a good variety of shops, galleries etc. St Endellion Music Festival twice a year offers superb programs of chamber, choral, orchestral and opera performances. The garden lovers can enjoy outings to Cornwall’s famous gardens – The Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Helligan, Bosvigo, Trevithen, Pencarrow, Llunhydrock and Carhays.
Still within a short walking distance to all the amenities, Cowrie enjoys a quieter position on the edge of New Polzeath with the National Trust coastal path just outside the garden gate. It offers magnificent coastal walks to Pentire Point, Rumps (known for spotting seals and busking sharks) and Rock – areas of outstanding natural beauty.
• Sleeps up to 8 adults or 6 adults and 4 children in 4 bedrooms ( 1- king size, 1- twin, 1- twin/zip together super king, 1 – full size bank beds, single bed and Z-bed.)
• Wash basins and electric shaver points in all bedrooms;
• En-suite bathroom with shower over the bath tub, two family shower rooms (one with WC) – all with heated towel rails and warm floors;
• Utility room with washing machine, sink, ironing facilities and an extra WC;
• Heated drying cupboard for swimming suits and beach towels;
• Modern kitchen/dining room with Bosch and Neff appliances and French doors into a sheltered patio with outdoor furniture;
• Wi Fi;
• Two flat screen TVs and DVD player;
• Games cupboard and tables;
• Separate Play room with ping-pong table, magnetic darts, books and toys;
The house has flexible and comfortable spaces for socialising and ‘holiday activities’. Bright and spectacular Sun Room with panoramic windows and lovely views of the sea and the coast, joined through the double doors with the Sitting Room. Both rooms have plentiful sitting options. Together with the well equipped Play room they offer extra space for those days when the weather is not so kind for beach activities.
• Large garden in two parts, spreading down to Baby Bay;
• Magnificent sea, coastal and countryside views;
• Direct access to the National Trust coastal path and Baby bay beach;
• Parking for one large or two small cars;
• Easy access;
• Comfortable garden furniture;
• Portable barbeque;
• Heated ‘surfer’s’ shower;
• Under cover drying facilities for wet suits etc.;
Bed linen and towels (but not the beach towels) are provided. Baby cots and high chairs can be hired locally (please ask for details).The utility bills are included in the price, apart from the cost of phone calls. Changeover day is Monday during High season (flexible at other times). Sorry, but we have No Smoking and No Dogs policies. Please contact us for any more information or current special offers.