Flores del Camino is a traditional Maragato house situated in one of the most beautiful villages in Spain, along the pilgrimage route to Santiago. The house has been lovingly refurbished for our guests.
Enjoy the lovely patio shaded by a beautiful vine and fruit trees. It provides an outside sitting area and a beautiful pergola.. great for reading or sharing a meal! The back gate leads onto an enchanting open landscape.
Flores del Camino is perfect for relaxing, resting and/or exploring the local cultural treasures.
Main building "Cayena": One ensuite double bedroom (n˚1). Large kitchen/dining area. Large living room (that can also be used as a sixth bedroom with sofa beds). Large bathroom with two toilets, two showers, washing machine.
"The studio": Situated at the back of the courtyard, it can accommodate 2 to 3 persons (bedroom n˚2). It has a bathroom with a washing machine and a kitchenette.
Building "Teleno": Two double bedrooms (n˚3 & 4) with balcony. One small bedroom with a bunk bed (n˚5). One bathroom. A small shared sitting area looking onto stunning views. (Please kindly note that the staircase in this part of the house is steep and might not be suitable for all, in particular very young chidren.)
Two single beds can be turned into a double (and vice versa) depending on the configuration you desire.
You can also access our art gallery which is an inspiring and meditative space. The current exhibition is on the "Flowers of the Way" is inspired by the Pilgrimage to Santiago.
If this would speak to you, we are always happy to run workshops for adults and kids in stained glass, sacred geometry, explore the theme of the labyrinth which is depicted in local petroglyphs (Bronze Age), do talks/presentations on this, and the pilgrimage to Santiago. We can also recommend visits in the area (possibly give tours in combination with a workshop). We are flexible! Contact us for more info.
We live in a fourth building around the courtyard but with its own entrance from the village street. You won't even notice us unless some maintenance is needed or you would like to book a workshop. We respect your privacy and want you to enjoy the tranquillity of the house and the beautiful surroundings.
As we wish to avoid you any disappointment, please be aware:
- The village is usually very quiet but busy in August (and to a lesser extent during Easter week) than the rest of the year, as the population passes from 100 to 500. August is good for time with friends and family, not so much for a meditative retreat!
- The staircase of the “Teleno” building is steep and might not be suitable for all, in particular very young chidren.
- We have a TV set, a DVD player and a projector at your disposal. We can also lend you DVD's but we do not receive channels.
- The house internet now works almost everywhere and it has been a real fight to get there! It is radio-based (the only option in the village) so not quite the speed you get in a city. The signal struggles to get through the thick walls made of stones rich in iron!
- Non residents are now requested to park outside the village although you can enter the village with your car to unload and load. If you wish you can park one car in our gallery. Otherwise you need to leave your vehicle at the entrance of the village (300m away from the house).