Brampton is not a super shiny show house! However, it is a welcoming and roomy 4 bedroomed family cottage where children (and dogs if you wish) can relax so that parents can too. There is plenty of room for two families to cook and eat in the large, fully equipped kitchen, maybe spreading onto the sunny deck outside. You can watch children play in the sunny garden while you sit at the kitchen table, or you can relax in the chairs that hang from the magnolia tree.
In winter, there is wood-pellet fired central heating and Aga-style stove in the kitchen (which needs feeding with the supply of wood pellets) plus a wood burner in the lounge. A good supply of wood will be provided.
Brampton Cottage is centrally located so that you can explore every part of Cornwall. The Poldark series was filmed close by, as was the German versions of Rosamunde Pilcher novels.
* Bright and sunny kitchen with large oval table seating 10 people, sofa, large fridge, freezer, washing m/c, dishwasher, tumble drier. There is a eco wood-pellet fired stove and radiator.
* Spacious lounge with sofas, TV, DVD player and superfast fibre optic broadband.
* All-important well stocked games room (which can be used as an extra bedroom as it has two single beds and a small sofa bed).
* Downstairs toilet.
* En-suite master bedroom with a double bed and cot / extra mattress if required. Views over farmland.
* Bedroom with double bed.
* Bedroom with two single beds.
* Family bathroom with deep roll-top bath, sink and shower.
* Separate toilet.
* Lovely attic room with a double bed. Views over surrounding countryside.
It is possible to sleep 10 people comfortably (plus cots, sofa bed and mattresses).
There is plenty of space to play in the secluded garden, which has a lawn, seating on the sunny deck and a fire-pit area for night-time marshmallow toasting. There is plenty of parking for up to 5 cars or cars and a boat.
The best thing about Brampton is the peace and quiet. Located on a country lane, you are rarely aware of traffic noise, apart from the odd tractor.
Conveniently, there are amenities close by, with a wide range of shops, galleries, restaurants, take-aways in the nearby towns of Penryn (2 miles), Falmouth (4 miles) or Truro (6 miles):
Penryn also has the following attractions:
* Indoor bouncy play centre with laser shooting
* Granite Planet. Indoor climbing walls.
* Jubilee Wharf.
Mylor Bridge and Mylor Harbour
* Fresh fish straight off the boats
* Tennis court (free)
* Playing fields with play equipment, goal posts.
* The Pandora Inn (character riverside pub)
* Cafe Mylor - waterside cafe at Mylor Harbour with excellent food.
* Castaways wine bar at the Harbour
* Boat hire at the Harbour
* Lovely walks / cycling
Lots more information and ideas for activities and visits in the house. I have set up a web page with pictures / recommendations / information on:
Amenities in Falmouth (4 miles) and Truro (6 miles):
* Gyllyngvase and Castle Beaches (great rock pools)
* Ships and Castles Leisure Centre (leisure pool and gym)
* Hotel swimming pools / massage services
* Interesting independent shops and galleries
* Falmouth Gallery and library. Free. Often has great workshops for children.
* Maritime Museum. Often has special events / workshops for children.
* Restaurants for every taste, including Pizza Express (with fabulous views of the harbour), Rick Stein's fish and chips, as well as 'posh' eateries many of which specialise in fish cookery.
* Pubs and bars. Many have live music.
* Night club.
* The Phoenix Cinema. Has licensed bar screen and sofas!
* Boat / kayak / snorkelling. Swanpool beach.
* SUP Gyllyngvase Beach.
* The Hall for Cornwall Theatre
* Truro Leisure Centre with swimming pool and gym
Things to do in the area:
* Walking.It is easy to reach the coast path on either north or south coasts. Just check the weather and your mood and you can go for dramatic cliffs or calm beaches.
* Cyling. Many quiet lanes around Brampton to explore. The Coast to Coast path from Devoran to Portreath is just up the road (2.5 miles) and this links into many other bike trails such as the Great Flat Lode which explores historic mining areas.
* Water sports. Boats / surf boards can be hired at many beaches and at Mylor Harbour. Swanpool and Maenporth are close by. Good surfing beaches are Chapel Porth (low tide),Gwithian, Porthtowan, Holywell Bay, Watergate Bay, Sennen.
* Gardens / Houses. Enys is within walking distance. Trebah, Glendurgan and Trelissick are close by. Also, Trerice, Cotehele, Lanhydrock, Caerhayes.
* The Eden Project. Special events for children, music for parents.
* Tourist attractions: Flambards, Crealy, Newquay Zoo, Poldark Mine,The Track, Dairyland, Waterworld, Paradise Park, Springfields, Blue Reef Aquarium.