|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Brampton is not a super shiny show house! However, it is a welcoming and roomy 4 bedroomed family cottage where children (and dogs if you wish) can relax so that parents can too. There is plenty of room for two families to cook and eat in the large, fully equipped kitchen, maybe spreading onto the sunny deck outside. You can watch children play in the sunny garden while you sit at the kitchen table, or you can relax in the chairs that hang from the magnolia tree.
Brampton Cottage is centrally located so that you can explore every part of Cornwall. The Poldark series was filmed close by, as was the German versions of Rosamunde Pilcher novels.
* Bright and sunny kitchen with large oval table seating 10 people, sofa, 2 fridges, freezer, washing m/c, dishwasher, tumble drier.
* Spacious lounge with sofas, TV, DVD player and superfast fibre optic broadband.
* All-important well stocked games room (which can be used as an extra bedroom as it has a small sofa bed).
* Downstairs toilet.
* En-suite master bedroom with a double bed and cot / extra mattress if required. Views over farmland.
* Bedroom with double bed.
* Bedroom with two single beds.
* Family bathroom with deep roll-top bath, sink and shower.
* Separate toilet.
* Lovely attic room with a double bed, plus a sofa bed. Views over surrounding countryside.
It is possible to sleep 10 people comfortably (plus cots and mattresses).
There is plenty of space to play in the secluded garden, which has a lawn, seating on the sunny deck and a trampoline. There is plenty of parking for up to 5 cars or cars and a boat.
The best thing about Brampton, is the peace and quiet. Located on a country lane, you are rarely aware of traffic noise, apart from the odd tractor.
Conveniently, there are amenities close by, with a wide range of shops, galleries, restaurants, take-aways in the nearby towns of Penryn (2 miles), Falmouth (4 miles) or Truro (6 miles):
Penryn also has the following attractions:
* Indoor bouncy play centre with laser shooting
* Granite Planet. Indoor climbing walls.
* Jubilee Wharf. .
Mylor Bridge and Mylor Harbour
* Fresh fish straight off the boats
* Tennis court (free)
* Playing fields with goal posts
* The Pandora Inn (character riverside pub), The Lemon Arms (good food)
* Castaways wine bar at the Harbour
* Boat hire at the Harbour
* Lovely walks / cycling
Lots more information and ideas for activities and visits in the house. I have set up a web page with pictures / recommendations / information on:
Amenities in Falmouth (4 miles) and Truro (6 miles):
* Gyllyngvase and Castle Beaches (great rock pools)
* Ships and Castles Leisure Centre (leisure pool and gym)
* Hotel swimming pools / massage services
* Interesting independent shops and galleries
* Falmouth Gallery and library. Free. Often has great workshops for children.
* Maritime Museum. Often has special events / workshops for children.
* Restaurants for every taste, including Pizza Express (with fabulous views of the harbour), Rick Stein's fish and chips, as well as 'posh' eateries many of which specialise in fish cookery.
* Pubs and bars. Many have live music.
* Night clubs.
* The Phoenix Cinema. Has licensed bar screen and sofas!
* Boat / kayak / snorkelling. Swanpool beach.
* The Hall for Cornwall Theatre
* Truro Leisure Centre with swimming pool and gym
Things to do in the area:
* Walking.It is easy to reach the coast path on either north or south coasts. Just check the weather and your mood and you can go for dramatic cliffs or calm beaches.
* Cyling. Many quiet lanes around Brampton to explore. The Coast to Coast path from Devoran to Portreath is just up the road (2.5 miles) and this links into many other bike trails such as the Great Flat Lode which explores historic mining areas.
* Water sports. Boats / surf boards can be hired at many beaches and at Mylor Harbour. Swanpool and Maenporth are close by. Good surfing beaches are Chapel Porth (low tide),Gwithian, Porthtowan, Holywell Bay, Watergate Bay,Sennen.
* Gardens / Houses. Enys is within walking distance. Trebah, Glendurgan and Trelissick are close by. Also, Trerice, Cotehele, Lanhydrock, Caerhayes.
* The Eden Project. Special events for children, music for parents.
* Tourist attractions: Flambards, Crealy, Newquay Zoo, Poldark Mine,The Track, Dairyland, Waterworld, Paradise Park, Springfields, Blue Reef Aquarium.
We have lived in this happy family house for twenty two years, and both my girls have loved growing up here. They especially love the attic room which has been perfect for sleep-overs and the magnolia tree in the garden which has been a favourite play centre throughout their lives. It's been a climbing frame, a ship, a den, a horse, a rocket.... so many adventures in one tree. Now that they are older, they prefer to swing in the hanging chairs and chat.
Jane Fenton purchased this cottage in 1993
Brampton is ideal for families. Everyone can sit around the kitchen table for hours, just eating, drinking, talking and playing endless games or sit on the bright, sunny deck for those summery, outdoor meals.
Visitors always comment on the peace and quiet of the countryside around Brampton. There is a network of lanes and paths to explore around Brampton. We are close to the award winning, river-side Pandora Inn at Restronguet and the diverse range of cafes, restaurants and bars in Falmouth.
Dear Jane and Robin,
Thank you for a lovely week in your calm, peaceful home with a good ambiance. Much fun had by all of us.
P.S. love the settees! Colours everywhere are just fab. Also love the photos.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website:
The property is in an ideal location for exploring Cornwall and sits in one of the nicest regions with have come across over the last 20 years of visiting Cornwall.
It is very peaceful and the house has a lovely relaxed homely feel to it.
The house is well equipped and has everything you need to enjoy your holiday.
Lots of information is provided on things to do in Cornwall.
9 of us stayed in the house ( 3 separate families) and found we had plenty of space, we all loved the kitchen area and the garden,these allowed us to spend some quality family time altogether.
Thank you Jane and Robin for allowing us to enjoy your home and making us feel so welcome there.
Lovly cottage for our 3 generational summer holiday
We stayed at Brampton with our family - we were 6 adults and 4 children and 2 dogs! There was heaps of room for us all, the children loved sharing the attic room! The house was spotlessly clean and we were very grateful to find a welcome pack of essentials on our arrival (tea, coffee, milk and scones, cream and jam). What a lovely thought. The garden is delightful, the children enjoying the trampoline and swing chairs. The house is in a great spot to get to lots of beaches, both south and north coasts, and the many attractions that Cornwall has to offer. This is definitely one of the best holiday properties we have stayed in. Thankyou Jane and family for allowing us to use your home.
A charming house to come and relax in. The house is set is a quite location, you can enjoy sitting in the garden in the evening after a hard days sightseeing. It ideally situated for travelling around cornwall and lots of places within 30 min drive There's adequate room in the house and was ideal for our party (2 bathrooms and additional downstairs toilet were very helpfull). The only thing I would recommend was to add a television in the Kitchen / conservatory as we lived in this area and rarely used the lounge. Overall a trouble free holiday. Thanks Jane :)
Wonderfull house with a wonderfull garden; perfect for chirdren. We stayed there with two families; 4 adults and three children. House is perfectly equiped and offeres enough space. Location is ideal for sightseeing tours to the South as well as to the North coast. Only 40 minutes drive to St Ives. Good supermarkets nearby. Houseowners were very helpful and nice. Recommendations helpt us a lot. Absolute highlight was the dinner on our last day in Cornwall at the Pub called "Pandora". Thanks Jane for that recommendation.
Brampton was the perfect house for us and our friends. We have 3 small children between us and they loved the garden and trampoline. The house had all the facilities we needed and beds to suit all of us. The area is beautiful and the house is a short drive to many different beaches and activities to suit all ages. We had a brilliant week and would definitely return again.
Goonreeve is a quiet, rural hamlet close to Mylor Bridge and Falmouth and Truro. It is only 4 miles from the south coast and 9 from the north, so ideal for surfing and safe family beaches, water sports, walking and cycling as well as the exploration of historical sites, houses and gardens.
The central position means that the dramatic landscape of West Cornwall is easily accessible as well as the beautiful Lizard and varied mid Cornwall area.
The local town of Falmouth boasts beaches, galleries, many excellent restaurants and bars (including Rick Stein's fish and chips), interesting small shops, a cinema and leisure centre. Truro (6 miles) has a cathedral, shops, theatre, cinema and many restaurants.
There are numerous local places of interest, such as:
* Enys Gardens, (just down the road from Brampton)
* Mylor Harbour Watersports (close by)
* The Maritime Museum, Falmouth.
* Pendennis Castle, Falmouth.
* The Eden Project,
* The Minack Theatre,
* Trebah Gardens, Mawnan Smith
* Glendurgan Gardens, Mawnan Smith
* Trelissick Gardens,
* The Camel and Bissoe Bike Trails,
* St Just-in Roseland church,
* The Helford River
* Numerous local walks.
Other Activities: Paintball
Golf: * Killiow. An 18 hole course set in the magnificent grounds of Killiow Estate. (3.4 miles from Brampton)
* Falmouth. Has stunning sea and coastal views. (4 miles from Brampton)
* Budock Vean. 9 hole course overlooking the Helford River. (5.9 miles from Brampton)
* Truro. 18 holes. Set in natural parkland setting.(6.8 miles miles from Brampton)
Other local courses include Mullion, Perranporth and Tehidy. There are so many of them!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
High Season 2017
15 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Late summer 2017
3 Sep 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|