- English, Russian
Why Yuri chose Palm Desert
Perfect seasonal getaway, October to April.
You may invite up to 5 guests (no overnight stay)
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Max guests:5 (sleeps up to 5 adults)
Guests are encouraged to read the welcome letter and make themselves familiar with the house amenities. Please contact the owner with any questions.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
An Oasis in the Desert
This place was PHENOMENAL!! It was the perfect set-up and the perfect location for our Coachella group. Yuri was quick to respond and very helpful during the check-in process. His place was truly a home away from home.
Yuri was very attentive and the home was well appointed. The accommodations were clean and the location perfect for our travel plans. We will definitely book again.
Very roomy, comfortable home. We liked the mattress in the master bedroom.
Nice home in a beautiful gated community. We liked the location, because it had quick access to the interstate and to Indian Wells area restaurants. The home was clean and comfortable.
Nice gated community. Getting in the first time was a trick but Yuri was on it. Close to everything.
The house is very LARGE and spacious. Best feature for us was that it had the Tennis Channel. Loved having the half bath in the hallway. Two masters worked out well for us too. The queen bed room has a door to the bathroom with a shower, which also had a door to the hallway. We just locked the hallway door and used it as a second master bedroom.
Kitchen was very nice to use. Lots of pans. Love Corelle dishes. Stove is gas. Used the very large frying pan for Denver Scramble every morning. Glad there was PAM in the cupboard. Lots of water bottles in the fridge too was a nice extra touch.
Laundry room was nice as we used it twice while there. Plenty of soap provided but no dryer sheets (FYI).
1. My husband slid out of the reclining couch seats all the time. He could NOT stay sitting up straight as the leather or vinyl was so slippery. I didn't have a problem with it when I put my feet on the coffee table instead of raising the reclining footstool, but he did.
2. Towels: I'm glad I brought our own after reading a comment from another renter that there were not enough. I agree with the previous renter that they need to get a plentiful supply of towels for the master at least. Even though they were the very luxurious Charisma Costco type towels, they are NOT absorbent. They smear the water instead of beading it up off your skin. And, there was only one large and one medium one for the two of us. Sometimes people want two towels apiece. My sister, for instance, uses one for her hair and one for her body and also likes another for the floor. I'm just suggesting many more towels for such a large house. I know Yuri told the previous person that commented on the towels that he only put out that many because it was only 2 or 3 people, but I'm just saying that most people like their plentiful supply of towels. So, bring your own. I was glad I did.
All in all I would highly recommend the place. It's spacious, well equipped (except for towels), very nice area and gated.
Beautiful spacious house
This is the second time Ive stayed in this house. Its very spacious and in a great area.
Very pretty house in good location
This is a very nice home, but in need of updating as kitchen and bathrooms are probably original.The house is located for very easy access in a nice, gated community. It backs up to a very busy street, but we were not bothered by traffic noise. The front and back yards are nice and well kept with pretty fruit trees.
We liked it , but didn't love it.
Specific problems that we had:
1. kitchen was inadequately supplied with utensils and dishes. We had to buy extra utensils at the dollar store. We were unable to entertain as there were not enough dishes and glassware.
2. sliding glass patio door very difficult to open
3. Shower doors did not close - off rail
4. TV in master bedroom did not work. We were told that Amazon was available on the TV, but we could never make it work.
5. Had to buy new sets of towels for the master bath (we took them home with us). The towels provided did not match and were old and tattered.
6. The home was advertised as "3 bedrooms" but the "third bedroom was very small and the bed (futon) would not have been adequate for guests.
Thank you for pointing out some drawbacks, not obvious for us living there at other times of the year.
Regarding the number of bedrooms, there are really three of them and the house is being advertised as suitable for 5. As your declared party size was 2 adults, we did not provide some extra utensils and towels, as we usually do.
As witnessed by the Amazon Prime account pay per view movie records, either you or your guests did not have issues with master bedroom TV programming. So we are left perplexed about this particular comment.
The door rails get lot of sand and thus lubricating them often is not practical.
Thank you and welcome back next season to check out all improvements.