Looking for something different? Enjoy or like the thoughts of camping but feel you would miss home comforts? Perhaps La Belle Tente is everything you are looking for.
Located in the middle of the beautiful French countryside, we have one spacious 6m bell tent, located in a meadow overlooking gorgeous rolling countryside down to the river. Ideally positioned for stargazing, sunbathing, chilling out with your favourite book, watching the sun rise or set, or snoozing under the dappled shade of an old apple tree.
This fabulous tent is furnished with 'proper' furniture in a French 'shabby-chic' style, and even has electricity! A few yards away, you will have the exclusive use of a private kitchen and shower room (incl toilet) with plenty of hot water, in a lockable cabin.
- Beautiful views over the surrounding countryside down to the river
- Sleeping area, living area and indoor dining area, with electricity point, and furnished with 'shabby-chic' style furniture
- Sumptious French double bed upholstered in a luxury forest green velvet
- Outdoor dining area, fire pit, bbq and hammocks
- Private shower room and toilet located in a separate lockable cabin just a few steps away
- Private amply equipped kitchen includes gas cooker and indoor dining facility, also located in the cabin
- Pretty mix'n'match china crockery and vintage cutlery to complete the shabby-chic experience
- Towels and bedding included.
- Zipped-in groundsheet and coir 'carpet' throughout tent
- Pick-your-own herb garden
- Some tea and coffee will be provided for 1 or 2-night stays. Stays for 3 nights or more will receive extra goodies
- Onsite parking
- Onsite secure storage for motorbikes, bicycles, canoes etc
- Free WiFi access (available in the cabin)
(Sorry no smoking in cabin or tent; no pets;not suitable for under 18s)
The local area is steeped in history and interesting places to explore. From the very impressive Chateau de Pompadour and this small town's stunning racecourse, to the quaint medieval village of Segur le Chateau, you do not have to travel far to get a flavour of the real France. A haven for nature lovers, there are plenty of walking trails, equestrian activities, outdoor activities to participate in, or wildlife to see (be it from the garden or at one of the centres). If you need a shopping fix, Brive-la-Gaillarde has plenty of boutiques and pavement cafes on offer. All amenities such as restaurants, regular markets, supermarkets etc are just 5km away. Nearest airport: Limoges (1 hour)
Should you be travelling with friends, we also have two cottages; each sleeps 2 adults..
Please note: the tent canvas does have some staining/mottling - this has been treated and is not of concern to health. As we are located in the countryside, please expect to hear sounds such as cockerels, birds singing etc.