Country house, 9 bedrooms, 5 &1/2 bathrooms. Quiet location with stunning views
- English, French, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian
About Miren Valle
My name is Miren, I am from Bilbao. I currently live in between the coast and Gaucin. I love walking, reading, swimming, golf and i'm interested in psychology and oriental philosophy.
Miren Valle purchased this Chateau / Country House in 2004
Why Miren Valle chose Gaucín
My husband's dream was to have a house in the Country, and he found his dream spot in Gaucin. We bought the finca in 2003, and build what is today La Posada Romana. We are very proud of the house and the gardens that we have surrounding us and that. I fell in love of the area when we came to buy the finca, because is so green and there is forest everywhere, is very peaceful and specially we love the views over the strait of Gibraltar.
What makes this Chateau / Country House unique
The whole project was drawn in a restaurant napkin and passed on to a wonderful arquitect: Gustavo Kloster, who made our dream reality and managed the building project following to the point our wishes.
Pool / Spa
Minimum age of primary renter:21
Max guests:17 (sleeps up to 14 adults)
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Wonderful home in a Great location
We had a superb time-everything was great-the home was large enough for our group to allow dinners together but with areas for quiet time too. We highly recommend this property.
Two weeks at Posada Romana
We enjoyed our stay and the property has a wonderful location with an amazing view. The garden and pool are lovely. Bedrooms and bathrooms of a high standard. Towels need to be replaced more often as were not soft and pool ones were tatty and we were surprised we did not get clean ones after week one. Although the kitchen is well appointed there were a number of issues. We were asked to conserve water but there was no sink plug. A number of the appliances either didn’t work, had bits missing or were broken. The hand mixer started as soon as plugged in and smelled terrible suggesting it was dangerous. There were lots of water glasses but only 6 wine and cava glasses. We bought more. The fridges were good. Lovely to have so much ice. Furnishings in living area nice. A pity Ikea bedspreads were put over indoor and outdoor sofas as these were constantly rumpled and coming off.
Dear Marianne, thank you for your comments, I will try to address the issues:
First of all I want you to know that every Saturday or every fortnight in between 10-18 people check-out at 10:00 am, and the same amount of guests check-in at 16:00 the same day, Therefore, my housekeeping team has only 5 hours to clean the house and make it look like a 5 star hotel again, they do wonders during this time, but it's impossible for them to check as well the hand mixers and other appliances, for that we trust our guest to let us know when they need to be replaced.
1. Towels, we try to be environmental friendly and dry our towels by hanging them to dry under the lovely Andalusian sun, which might cause them to be a bit rougher than dried in a tumble dryer.
2. Sink plug: Unfurtunatelly the previous family that stayed at the villa, threw the sink plug to the garbage by mistake, being a special sink plug I had to order another one from Germany, by the way, you forgot to mention that you got a new sink plug a few days after you told us it was missing as soon as we received it by post.
3. You were right, after reading your comment I checked the appliances and found the orange squeezer top part missing, there's a new one now, it's a real shame that you didn't tell me earlier, I always replace immediately any broken or malfunctioning items at the house if I'm told they are not working, next time please let me know, communication is essential in between us in order to provide you with the best holiday experience.
4. There's a bran new hand mixer now, I wish you would have let me know earlier.
5. Glasses get broken as you know, glass is very delicate, thank you for buying new glasses is very kind and very thoughtful of you, I really appreciate that gesture, having said that, I have lots of glasses in my storage to replace the broken ones, you should have asked Diego, he would have given you as many as you needed. I will anyhow remind the housekeeping team to be more aware of glasses missing since it is very important to have a full set at the villa.
6. I'm very sorry you didn't like the protection bed spreads we put over the sofas, you see, we cover the cushions with the bedspreads because lots of drinks get spilled over the cushions every week specially when there are lots of children, and it's easier to replace with clean bedspreads than to strip off, wash and put back the cushions of so many sofas every Saturday.
Beautiful views and house
We had an amazing stay in La Posada Romana, the views were out of this world and the house is beautiful.
Beautiful spot, a bit tough to access
The house and grounds are beautiful. The view is stupendous. The terrace is awesome. The house is clean and very comfortable. The house easily accommodated the 11 of us.
There are only two issues: 1) the access roads to the house are in very rough shape so you need a bit of nerve, good tires and,in several spots, constant acceleration to get to the town or the main road. (The owner is working on getting the road improved.) You can walk up to town, but that takes about 1 hour. So, it is not easy to get back and forth from the house; 2) the 3 bedrooms on the top floor (other than the master bedroom) do not have a bathroom, so users of those bedrooms either have to use the master bathroom or go elsewhere. (changing one f those 3 bedrooms to a bathroom would help.) And, on the pool level, the bedroom (there are 3 bedrooms on the pool level) closest to the room with the house mechanicals can be a bit noisy in case you are a light sleeper.
But overall, given the superb condition and beauty of the house and grounds, the overall comfort of the house, the views from the house and the wonderful assistance of the house owner (Miren) and Diego, the gardener/handyman, whenever we had any questions, we highly recommend the house.
Amazing stay in amazing estate
Beautiful environment and villa, great experience with communicating with Miren and Diego, just perfect!
Thank you Eva!!
Fantastic Family Gathering
Our family of 8 adults had a fantastic week at beautiful Posada Romana.
The well equipped house is huge, with dining & seating areas large enough for all of us to gather (with room to spare) and also sufficient space for everyone to find their own quiet peaceful spot if required. The design of the house is stunning and makes the most of the magnificent views, which can be appreciated from many of the rooms & various terraces. The pool and table tennis equipment were a big hit with everyone and used everyday.
Communication with Miren was excellent and locating the house not a problem. Miren arranged for us to meet Diego (the Gardener) at the petrol station in Gaucin and he guided us down to the house. Whilst the track was daunting at first, we soon got used to it and made the journey to and from Gaucin several times during the week.
La Posada Romana sits in 7 acres of land surrounded by mature trees in a National Parkland. The countryside is idyllic for relaxing, walking and riding. The villa is located 2 km from Gaucín, one the famous White Villages of Andalusia. In this town you may find supermarkets, doctors, banks, post office and many restaurants and tapas bars. Within easy reach are several beaches and local golf courses such as Valderrama. Sotogrande, famous for Polo grounds and night life is only 20 min. away. Marbella with shops, restaurants and night life in Puerto Banús is within a 50 min drive. Tarifa with amazing beaches and world known for kite surfing is only 60 min away, where you could also take a 35 min ferry ride to visit Marroco and the port of Tangier, or take a boat to whale watch. More historical towns can be visited such as Ronda, with the oldest bullring in Spain, Jerez or Sevilla, within an easy car journey. Gibraltar airport at 60 min drive and Malaga Airport only 80.
Other Activities: BIRD WATCHING
Golf: There are many first class golf courses within easy car drive. Renowned golf courses such as Valderama in Sotogrande, Finca el Cortesin and La Cañada in San Roque are only 35 min away.
Ski: In winter, Sierra Nevada, with more than 100 km of snow slopes, lovely bars and restaurants, and easy accessed by car is only 300 km away.