The overall appearance of Woodside View is similar to a barn conversion with the lower walls in natural stone, upper areas clad in cedar wood and the roof is in local slate. The design is intended to blend in with the surrounding woodland and countryside. The large feature apex window affords superb open views of the woods and skyline where the sun rises. Ideally situated with Dartmouth 4 miles (10mins drive) and the other principle towns of Totnes, Kingsbridge and Salcombe within easy reach.
Barn in Blackawton Nr. Dartmouth, South Devon, England - Woodside View Stands High On The Side Of A Classically Beautiful South Devon Valley
David and Karen White
- Calendar last updated:
- 13 Dec 2018
About David and Karen White
We moved down to the South Hams in 2010 after living in Bath for 25 years. This area was well known to us after having spent many enjoyable holidays with our family in the past. We are now semi retired and are fully integrated into the local community.
David and Karen White purchased this Barn in 2010
Why David and Karen White chose Blackawton
We wanted to be close to the main principal towns in the South Hams - Totnes, Kingsbridge, Salcombe and Dartmouth. David in particular has always had a desire to be close to the sea and beaches.
What makes this Barn unique
Blackawton seemed the ideal choice for our move being just outside the village but within walking distance from local pub, restaurant, village shop etc. With its wonderful panaramic views and wildlife we knew Woodside seemed the perfect location.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Cosy peaceful retreat
A delightful and comfortable hideaway with fabulous views and helpful hosts, tucked away down winding lanes. Good for trips out to Dartmoor, and to plentiful coastal walks - even some maps provided. Had a lovely stay and would recommend.
Thank you Sarah and Nick for your kind review. We hope you will join us again some time in the future. Karen and David
Lovely stay. Time and trouble has been taken to take the accommodation to a very high standard.
Thank you Liz for your review and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back at Woodside View in the future.
Idyllic location, a beautiful and well maintained property, the perfect holiday for us
A wonderful spot, tranquil and peaceful. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the property and will definitely recommend it to friends and family and will look forward to a return visit. David and Karen are very accommodating hosts. Thank you!
Thank you both for your kind review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Woodside View and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Karen and David
A really lovely holiday!
Great first impression -- beautiful setting. The barn itself is very clean and comfortable, well equipped and homely. Stunning views. The barn is as described. Karen and David, you are charming hosts and we appreciated the info which you gave us about places to visit and how to get there.
We've had a marvellous week!
The 'barn' is really lovely -- well equipped and with a very comfy bed. The view from the large window is amazing. The location is excellent -- very peaceful and off the beaten track but still near enough to main roads for getting about.
Our hosts are charming and gave us lots of ideas about places to visit and the best way to get there.
All in all we enjoyed our week very much and hope to return next year.
A really lovely holiday!
Great first impression -- lovely setting. The barn is as described. It is very clean and comfortable, well equipped and homely. The views are stunning. Karen and David, you are charming hosts and we appreciated very much the info which you gave us about where to visit and how best to get there.
Thank you both for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Woodside View and hope that you will visit us again sometime in the future.
Karen and David
Booking Notes: At time of booking a 30% deposit is required - Then confirmation will be sent by email. The remaining 70% is required 1 month before arrival - Then the directions and key collection details will be sent by email. Payment can be made either by Cheque or BACS. Changeover Day: During the High Season - July/August the Changeover day is on a Saturday. Arrival time at Woodside View is after 3pm Departure time is before 10am Notes on prices: Prices are based on weekly bookings. Short breaks are available and prices start 3 nights from £250 - £335 4 nights from £285 - £450 5 nights from £305 - £470