This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom penthouse apartment comes with lots of outside space. With all the views you could ask for (pool, mountains, marina, golf and sea). Although a penthouse apartment there are no steps to climb, lifts directly from the ground floor. Only ten minutes from the airport. Also there are close shops, pubs and restaurants. Nice clean complex with 24hr reception, and family activities!
- Separate WCs0
- Minimum Stay7 nights
Apartment in Golf del Sur, Tenerife, Canary Islands - 300 M From Sea Lots Of Outside Space Bbq On Rear Terrace Large Heated Pool Nightly Entertainment
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- 17 Jul 2018
Pool / Spa
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
We stayed here June 2018.
We were a bit apprehensive after reading some of the negative reviews, however we were very happy with the apartment.
There is a meet & greet service, details are provided when full payment is made. They met us at the entrance to the complex, showed us to the apartment and explained a few things. This is needed it’s a gated complex so you need a pass to get in.
On arrival we found the apartment was spotlessly clean, it is well equipped and the appliances all seem to fairly modern. We assume the cooker and microwave worked but we never used them.
The main bedroom is big enough and the bed is comfortable, as it was just the two of us can’t comment on the beds in the second bedroom. There are plenty of hangers in the wardrobe.
The main bathroom has a very nice shower and is quite spacious with cupboards to put toiletries in.
There is air con in the apartment, only in the lounge and it is on coin operated meter. We never used it as it was cool enough with the doors open and the ceiling fans on. Ceiling fans are in the lounge and bedrooms which is great.
Not sure why one reviewer commented about lack of instructions for the safe and the washer, the safe had the instruction book at the side of it and the washer is so simple to use you don’t need any instructions.
The complex is lovely and the apartment does have lovely views towards the pool, mountains and the marina.
We cannot say whether the TV works or not as we didn’t bother to use it but if you like that sort of thing on holiday there is a huge flat screen TV in the lounge and a small one in the main bedroom.
Restaurants are on the doorstep so no need to venture far.
A couple of minor things.
Wi fi – in this day and age most people have at least 2 connected devices with them smartphones tablet etc so lack of Wi-Fi for us was an issue. You can connect to the complex Wi-Fi in certain spots on the roof terrace but it’s so weak hardly usable. Meant quite a few visits to the Irish bar to use their free Wi fi . For us Wi-Fi more important than big TV.
Mains sockets – not many of them and biggest issue is in the bedroom – nowhere for my wife to plug in her straighteners and nowhere to sit to do her hair.
Towels – 1 bath towel each – not really enough even though we could wash them.
Overall though very nice and we would visit again.
Jut love going back, feel so at home.
The property is in a nice location - there are some nice restraunts close by. There is no sandy beach but hire cars are very cheap and their are lots of nice beaches / beach resorts Which are a 15 minute drive. It’s quite centrally located for the airport, volcano, animal park and beaches if you have a car.
The apartment itself was ok. Probably could have done with some new furniture and the washing machine was disgusting. We packed light (hand luggage only) because we were relying on having a washing machine so I had to clean it.
The apartment was a nice size, lots of sunny outside space and nice views.
The pool is a bit of an issue if you have a younger family. No under 6’s allowed in the main pool, even with an adult . The lifeguards were pretty strict. Under 6’s (and one day we were told under 7’s) have to use the small toddler pool which really is only suitable for toddlers. The pool is more suited for older families and couples.
Overall we enjoyed our stay
Lovely apartment and location
Lovely clean apartment with lovely large balcony, would definitely book again.
Thanks for your lovely comments.Glad you had a lovely holiday.
Good comfortable accommodation, on very pleasant site
Nice apartment would definafely go back, not five star as shortage of electric points and no air con in bedrooms. There is a safe which I managed to lock within 10 minutes, property management company very helpful, came quickly opened safe and gave lots of useful information. 15 euros well spent. An information folder in apartment would be useful.
Overall very good, plenty of outside space, main bedroom excellent 2nd bedroom smaller. Complex very nice. Lots of places to eat within short distance. We really enjoyed our stay and would certainly go back
Air con & wifi are NOT included. We was NOT told about this in advance. The advert states both are included. However you have to pay more on arrival. Air Con unit only in the living room, not in the bedrooms. And the Air Con unit takes 1€ coins ONLY which is hugely inconvenient.
- Apartment directly under flight path so very loud low planes going over every 7 minutes until about 1am in the morning. Impossible to hear TV.
- The property didn't have any instructions on how to use amenities i.e. safe, TV, cooker, washing machine, rubbish bins etc.
- Owners live far away so apartment is managed by Sunset Properties. We was not told about this in advance! We thought we was going to have a personable experience, not deal with a company. Sunset Properties were extremely rude & unhelpful & charge for everything they possibly can. Even small enquiries such as operating the safe or TV. It seems you're set up for failure and without doubt have to speak to them at some point, therefore have to pay more money.
- Couldn't check in until 4pm. Very inconvenient when you have been travelling all day with a baby.
- No maid service for the entire week we was there unlike stated on advert. False advertising.
- NOT suitable for babies or disabled people. There's a lot of stairs even though the advert stated there isn't! You cannot get from reception to the apartment without using stairs. And you cannot get from the apartment to the pool without using stairs. Very inconvenient when you have a baby in a buggy. Even if you use the lift: the apartment is on level 4, reception is level 2 followed by stairs, main road/exit is on level 0, pool was on level 1 followed by stairs. It wasn't just us with this problem, everyone had to use the stairs to get to the pool or reception, however we should have been warned about this in advance.
- No kind of border on the balcony making it very easy for a baby or toddler to slip through the large gaps and fall down. There should be glass or some kind of protection. Many other apartments have this! Another reason why this apartment is not suitable for families with young children even though advertised.
- There is NO hot tub. No idea why there is a photo of a hot tub and a description saying there's one next to the pool. There definitely isn't! We even checked with the staff.
Sorry to hear you were so disappointed with your stay.Firstly may i say wifi is free in reception, which is why it was advertised as included. The reception is part of the complex.Im sorry you weren't told in advance, but you never asked, and as you only booked a few days before maybe the things that are of importance to you and not necessarily to everyone, should have been mentioned, when booking.It does state that aircon unit is in lounge, which again this has never been a problem in five years. the apartment cools down with all internal doors open.Sorry that the aircon only takes coins, this is the only way over there until technology moves on .Again never been a problem to anyone else.It is not directly under flight path and the planes are not every 7 mins. They only have flighs on certain days.you cannot hear anything with the doors closed.We never once said we lived there, and you never asked.Sunset properties have managed the apartment for months and never had a complaint about them.4.00pm check in, is standard in most places,Maybe consider more suitable flight times if you don't want to be waiting around even though there are many cafes etc to use which is what most people do on early flights..We do not offer maid service, it is not a hotel.Linen changes can be done at an addtional cost, as you can appreciate the cost is very cheap to stay in the first place.Quite alot of our guests are disabled and that's why they stay as the lift is available to take you to pool and ground level.I think in future you need to ask more questions and maybe not book a penthouse if you have small children and a buggy. Last minute probably isn't the way to go, if you have very strong preferences. The pool was done up in may and we weren't aware that the hot tubs had been removed.We really appreciate your comments and are glad that 99% of our returning guests are more than happy , unfortunately this wasn't the case for you. Once again thankyou and we hope you find something more suitable for your own personell needs in the fiture.Angela.
El medano beach 10 min away/ several other beaches, a short drive. Coastal walks.
10 mins from south airport. Car hire available.
Sanblas 5 mins away, 2 mins to marina. Shops /bars/restaurants on doorstep. golf 10 mins drive/ water parks 15 min drive. Los Cristianos 10 min drive / Las Americas 15 min drive.
Additional pricing information
Booking Notes: A £100 pound deposit is required to secure booking, then balance to be paid 6 weeks prior to departure. Changeover Day: Flexible. Notes on prices: Air-con is provided at additional cost.