Les Roses Blanches is a spacious chalet of more than 200 m2 offering a complete home from home experience, with everything you will need during your stay.
On the ground floor there is a welcoming hallway with a tiled floor and a welcoming wood fire, and an all important boot drier for drying out your ski boots! On this floor you will find a fully equipped kitchen, with everything you need including 2 fridge freezers, large oven, microwave, bread making machine, kettle, coffee machine, toaster and dishwasher as well as all utensils.
The dining room boasts a large dining table seating 12, there is also a small table and two relaxing armchairs ideal for reading, playing cards or simply sitting and gazing out of the window at the view.
There are three bedrooms on the ground floor (2 doubles with super king beds and 1 twin bedroom), and a bathroom with bath and shower.
The spacious living room on the first floor boasts spectacular views of the valley, and has two large, comfortable sofas, a couple of armchairs, a log fire and high vaulted ceilings. In one corner of the living room there is an area with kids toys, books and a castle to keep the little ones amused. On this floor there is also a snug area with TV, DVD and lots of videos and board games to keep all ages occupied when indoors.
A further 3 double bedrooms complete with super king size beds are located here, and a bathroom with wc, shower and full size bath. There is also a separate wc.
For those who need to work during their stay, there is an office complete with wifi access and printer.
A charming balcony to the rear of the house complete with tables and chairs is accessible from this floor, and is an ideal space for a summer's breakfast or relaxation.
The property has a large, fenced in garden with a patio that enjoys spectacular views of the valley.
The original bread oven (fantastic for pizza making!) with a covered seating area benefits from views of the stream at the property boundary.
At the back of the property, there is a forest that can be explored. Le Sentier du Baroque walking trail is at the end of the road.
The house is accessed via a steep, forest road that can get icy in the winter. Therefore, during the winter months we recommend access via 4x4 vehicles.
It is possible, however, to park one or two cars out on the main road and walk in to the house (about 15-20 minutes walk depending on speed).
There is ample parking for 3-4 cars at the property.
Interaction with guests
Andrea, our local and very capable host, is available to meet and greet you and on hand for any issues that might arise during your stay.
In addition to skiing there are plenty of things to do in the surrounding area. Some suggestions:
- Tramway du Mont-Blanc is the highest rack railway train in France starting in St Gervais and ending in the Le Prarion ski area at the heart of Bionnassay glacier.
- Patinoire de St Gervais - an indoor ice rink where you can also watch ice hockey matches most weeks in season.
- Les Thermes du St Gervais - the local spa with lots of treatments.
- Thursday morning market in St Gervais town.
- Parcours aventure - a tree top adventure trail in the park in Le Fayet next to the Spa. A French version of Go Ape.
- Casino de Saint-Gervais offers a gambling venue in town.
- Lac du Passy - a natural lake with wonderful views of Mont Blanc. It has a children's play area, snack bar, toilet/changing facilities, windsurfing and climbing the Via Ferrata via cables and ladders.
- Go Karting next to Lac du Passy.
- Outdoors 200 mtrs swimming pool and slides at the Sports centre in Megeve.
- The Aiguille du Midi cable car leaves from the centre of Chamonix Town up to the summit of the Aiguile du Midi (3842m).
- The Mer de Glace (Sea of Ice) is the largest glacier in France, 7km long and 200m deep. To access the Mer de Glace and the Ice Cave take the Montenvers train from Chamonix (Gare du Montenvers).
- Swimming in the mountain lake at the Pontet Leisure Park in Contamine at the foot of Mont-Blanc.
The Ski Bus "Facilibus" provides free transfer between the St Gervais lift station in town and the Le Bettex ski area. The bus passes Cupelin (the little villiage that Les Roses Blanches is on the outskirts of) on its way up and down so it is possible to catch a lift.