Set in an idyllic three acres of land two miles from Dawlish, Leat Cottage is the perfect place to relax and unwind, a great base from which to explore the south west or an inspiring place to write or paint.
A warm welcome awaits you to a cosy cottage set in stunning rural surroundings and only a 45 minute walk or 5-10 minute drive to Dawlish, 15-20 minute drive to Teignmouth or 25 minute drive to Exeter.
There's plenty to do and see in the area, get in touch for details!
Completely separate from the main house, Leat Cottage is surrounded by spectacular views of the rolling countryside.
The cottage comprises:
- A large bedroom with king-size bed, comfy chair and clothes rail. Bedding provided.
- A bathroom with bath, shower, sink and separate toilet. Towels provided. The bathroom was redecorated in February 2017 including new shower, flooring and bath panel.
- A bright kitchen with fridge/freezer, cooker and a full complement of kitchenware. Tea, coffee, sugar and a pint of milk provided.
- A lovely light filled conservatory with comfortable futon, cushions, throws, coffee table, folding dining table and four dining chairs.
- Free WiFi.
- Bluetooth Speaker and Portable Radio with FM Radio, Remote control, Support TF SD Card, USB Input and AUX Line Input so you can connect your laptop/phone to play music
- Lots of Leaflets, train timetables and guidebooks to inspire you so you can make the most of your stay.
- Bird books provided so you can identify the many birds you’ll see!
- There’s also a picnic table and two deck chairs for sitting outside.
Guests have access to two acres of picturesque grounds in which to relax and wander around.
Depending on the season you could pick food to eat - blackberries, apples, plums, pears, cherries and wild garlic. Just ask what's available when you arrive!
Off road parking is available next to the cottage.
Leat Cottage has a south-west aspect with extending views of the countryside set in a beautiful valley two miles from the sea. The valley is home to herons, egrets, deer, pheasants, buzzards, kestrels, owls and badgers which are regularly seen (and heard) from Leat Cottage. It’s a little bit of rural heaven!
It is 2 miles to Dawlish and takes around 45 minutes to walk along pretty country lanes. We've had a number of guests who have happily relied on public transport during their stay.
The cottage is situated close to the long stretching beach of Dawlish Warren, a classic seaside holiday resort and world famous for bird watching. Dawlish and Dawlish Warren offer all the amenities you would expect from a seaside town with the added bonus of secluded spots to hide away from the world and enjoy the sand dunes and view over the sea. Ask Adam about the good bass fishing spots!
Even closer Ashcombe Adventure Centre offers a range of outdoor activities such as quad biking and clay pigeon shooting.
Nearby Haldon Forest Park has an excellent range of mountain bike trails (plus bike hire), horse riding, Go Ape and a cafe - something for everyone.
Teignmouth offers a Victorian pier, lido, play park, crazy golf and skate park all within easy reach of the beaches and town centre and only 15-20 minutes’ drive from Leat Cottage.
It takes around 45 minutes to walk the two miles into Dawlish along pretty country lanes. We've had a number of guests who have happily relied on public transport during their stay.
The cottage is two miles from Dawlish Train Station with fast regular trains available to Exeter and London. There are bikes available for rent in Dawlish.
As the cottage is only 10 minutes’ drive from the A38 / A380 and 15 mins to the M5 it makes a great base to explore the South West.
Off road parking is next to the cottage.
Bathroom redecorated February 2017.
The cottage would suit a writer or artist for an inspiring creative retreat!
Medium or long term rents can be negotiated.
Home grown organic produce and home-made jam are available to buy.