In a prominent position right on the Blue Flag award winning sandy beach at Camber Sands, is this charming beach front cottage. It is south facing and enjoys all day sunshine and breathtaking sea views from its open terrace and sun rooms and shares a cordoned off private area of the beach, accessed via 10 steps from the terrace.
The property, which can sleep up to 6 guests, is bright, airy with quality Egyptian cotton bed linen, pocket sprung or memory foam mattresses and black out blinds. There is high speed broadband, wifi, flat screen TV, games console a washing machine and dishwasher provided free of charge. Sand can be a problem as it gets everywhere so a wall mounted cordless Dyson vacuum cleaner is provided for convenience. The cottage is decorated and furnished tastefully throughout to a high standard, with modern, designer furnishings, fabrics and equipment.
The accommodation comprises lounge/dining room, kitchen, sun room (with 2ft 6in occasional bed), bathroom, stairs (with open tread) leading up to 2 bedrooms; one double leading to a conservatory and the other a triple:
- Entrance hall: Direct sea views, coat hooks and an internal door.
- Bathroom: To the left of the entrance hall is a bright and modern bathroom with over bath shower, hinged bath screen, shaver socket.
- Kitchen: Following on from the entrance hall is a fully fitted, well equipped kitchen, painted cupboards, double sink unit, washing machine dish washer, refrigerator with ice box, double oven, microwave, kettle, toaster, stone flooring, storage heater.
- Lounge: Beyond the kitchen is a modern open plan lounge/dining area where you can relax with comfortable, bright, quality furniture and furnishings, including cast iron electric stove, contemporary seating, stylish media unit and coffee table, oak dining table to seat 8, flat screen TV, oak flooring, storage heater.
- Sunroom: In between the lounge and beach is a sunroom, with comfy chairs and a small table, sofabed, 2 sets of french doors with stunning views across the beach to the sea.
- Terrace: The French doors in the sunroom lead to a south facing outside terrace perfect for al fresco dining; with fitted wind break, table and chairs, reclining zero gravity sun loungers. Direct sea views, concrete steps down to private shared beach.
- Bedroom: Small downstairs bedroom with single bed, oak floor.
- Stairs: Open tread with carpet from the lounge leading to a small landing.
- Master bedroom: Built in wardrobes with integral drawers, dressing table with stool, kind size bed with wooden headboard and luxury pocket sprung mattress, carpet.
- Conservatory: The master bedroom leads to a small upstairs conservatory with with fitted benches, seat pads and phenominal sea views overlooking the beach below.
- Bedroom 2: A triple bunk bed (standard double size bed with single over) with memory foam mattress on single and pocket sprung on double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, carpet, black out blinds and 2 windows with views over the sand dunes.
Children: Children are welcome to stay at Stowaway Beach House, There are a range of DVD’s, books, games and beach toys to keep them amused. A travel cot and highchair is available, but please advise in advance if these will be required.
Pets: One dog is very welcome. A charge of £25 per stay is payable. Whilst welcome all year round, dogs are permitted on the beach between 1st October and 30th April. From 1st May to 30th September, dogs are only permitted on some areas of the beach and owners are required to walk dogs away from zoned areas. You will find a map of zoned areas on the Rother Government website, which is called 'Camber Dog Control Information Map' http://www.rother.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=7114&p=0
Owners are expected to ensure dogs do go on any of the beds or furniture.
BBQ: Is provided but please make sure it is left in a good clean condition.
Other: Hairdryer, ironing board, iron, clothes rack, towels and beach towels are provided.
Car parking: A pass for one car to park in the central car park (leading directly to the cottages) is provided. Additional cars can be parked in the car park for a fee or on the local roads free of charge. The cottage is located a few paces from the parking bays in Central Car Park.
Arrival day: Friday or Monday at 3pm (earlier arrival times may be possible upon request)
Departure day: Friday or Monday at 10am
Camber Sands is renowned for its magnificent seven-mile stretch of golden sands and spectacular seascape and sunsets over the sea. The surrounding area, owned by English Nature is a Site of Special Scientific Interest boasting a diverse range of biological and geological features, many rare species of birds, plants and invertebrates.
This is an ideal beach holiday for young and old alike. Children will entertain themselves for hours with buckets and spades, treasure hunting, kite flying, beach games, water sports, fishing and walks. There is a golf course and sailing lake nearby, a beach cafe an ice cream parlor (you can even watch the children buying ice creams from the comfort of the terrace) and 7 miles of golden sand.
This is a perfect location for all seasons as you can admire the ever changing seascape in the summer sitting outside on the open terrace enjoying a BBQ and glass of Pimms or in the winter, snuggled around the cast iron stove with a hearty meal and glass of mulled wine.
There are a number of quality restaurants and eateries within walking distance from Stowaway. The Gallivant is one of the few restaurants to have been awarded two AA rosettes in the South East of England, The Owl, Rye Bay Café and The Dunes Bar all hold certificates of excellence with Trip Advisor and are within a five-minute stroll of the cottage. Beryl’s Café serves the most amazing home cooked breakfasts and meals throughout the day and it’s neighboring farm shop ‘Salts’ sells a wide selection of good quality locally sourced products and hand-made frozen meals from the ‘Cook’ range.