Villa Delphi has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and its own large heated private pool. We chose this villa for its excellent position very close to the sea and yet in the quiet residential area of San Antonio in Puerto del Carmen only 200 metres from the beautiful sandy beach of Los Pocillos and all the facilities along the promenade. A car is therefore not essential. Villa Delphi enjoys a huge following of repeat and recommended clientele. Early booking is therefore strongly recommended.
- Separate WCs0
- Minimum Stay1 - 5 nights
Villa Delphi in Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, Canary Islands - Peaceful Location, 2 Minutes from the Beach
Paul, Alex and Mark
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- English, French, German, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- 17 Jul 2018
About Paul, Alex and Mark
We are 3 brothers who started going to Lanzarote in 1980. Over the years we have grown to love Lanzarote and have adopted this beautiful island as our home. There is always at least one of us in Lanzarote looking after our properties there, and one or 2 of us in England looking after the bookings. We have many guests still coming back with us from the early 80’s and we are very proud to be able to boast a repeat and recommended clientele rate of over 80%. Over the years we have grown our portfolio and offer an excellent selection of accommodation to suit all requirements. We also own apartments on the Island of Sal in the Cape Verde Islands. The beautiful weather, relaxed atmosphere, diverse water sports and friendly locals persuaded us that this would be a wonderful place to holiday.
Pool / Spa
Great location but rest NOT good
Whilst the location of the villa is good, we had lots of issues from when we arrived meaning we ended up spending the first 3 days of our holiday waiting at the villa for maintenance. The description on the website is somewhat misleading and privacy is an issue. Our key complaints are below:
• Wifi didn't work on arrival and took 3 days to sort & even then was very patchy
• On the website the villa is described as having fans in each bedroom. We assumed this meant they would have ceiling fans which is typical in Lanzarote. However, they were fixed desktop fans plugged in at the wall. They were ineffective and used the only plug that was in the bedroom. Also it could only point at one bed as the fan didn’t oscillate and being hot it meant it was very uncomfortable for kids sleeping. For a little cost, ceiling fans should be installed in both bedrooms and the lounge.
• we were told by sales that all villa’s had recently been refurbished and had flat screen TV’s of at least 30/32”. However, the TV’s in the villa certainly didn’t meet that spec and were about 26” and the villa hadn’t been refurbished for a long time.
• The villa wasn’t private as coaches arrived frequently to hotel opposite (on a couple of the days this was approx every 10-15 minutes), they pull alongside the villa and all people on the coach can look straight into the villa and pool area which wasn’t a great experience. For small cost, additional screening on the front wall could eradicate this problem.
• There's no privacy to the side of the villa and the neighbouring villa looks straight into the bathroom and second bedroom if we had the windows open which again was not great.
• From a list of 60+ sky channels, only about 6 of them actually worked so when advertising SKY TV, I think this is slightly exaggerated.
• The bedroom mattresses were rock hard as they were orthopedic mattresses which meant for a very poor sleep and bad backs.
• Sunbeds were very old and broken and didn’t make for very comfortable sunbathing and affected the amount of time we spent round the pool.
• Sofas are very old and worn (rips in arms of sofas) and even the throw-overs to hide this fact are getting old and worn.
• Tiles in bathroom and kitchen were badly cracked and didn’t look like it had been ‘recently refurbished’.
When raising these with the receptionist she wasn’t particularly friendly, helpful or accommodating. She was rude and clearly not interested in customer care. Great location shame about rest :-(
I am somewhat surprised by this review. Mainly, because one main complaint to reception at the time was about the pool being too cold...it was July, boiling hot and the pool was around 27 or 28 degrees C (not mentioned in this review but evidently and strangely what instigated the complaint). The other main complaint was that the client mistakenly thought that our sale staff in the UK had told him that the villa had just been refurbished. We are a family business and only have two sales consultants in our team, both of which know our villas and operation intimately. The villa has not been recently been refurbished and this was never claimed. However, we have a team of 8 technicians who keep all out properties in very good functioning order. I do feel that your description of the villa is misleading. The sofa has been replaced...the rip in the arm had only just happened. The villa is very private and very comfortable and we enjoy a 75% repeat and recommended clientele, most of which leave very good reviews..The others cannot all be wrong. Internet connection in Lanzarote (as in the UK) can be prone to problems. We cannot be held responsible for technical failure, but we do try to rectify these failures as soon as possible. Everyone in the area was affected by this, not just us.
Delphi Villa Ocean Club Lanzarote
Stayed at the villa Delphi in Lanzarote run by Ocean Club Holidays, what a pleasure to deal with this company. My wife and I arrived at the reception and was soon being transported to the villa, everything was explained to us at the villa and what a surprise the villa was spotless and the maid service kept it that way all week, the pool was brilliant heated just right and plenty of room to actually swim in it and again the pool guy kept it clean all week. The villa is in a quiet street great at night and the main strip was only at 10min walk to various bars and restaurants. Ocean club even arranged our taxi back to the airport.
We both agreed that this was the most relaxing holiday we have had a big thank you to Ocean club
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we hope that you will stay again!
Ocean Club Holidays
Perfect Holiday 10/10
Firstly I would like to thank the guys at Ocean Club for letting us Villa Delphi for two weeks. Excellent Villa location, just right nice and quiet at the Villa but only a ten minute walk to all the shops, bars and restaurant's you could wish for. The villa its self is beautiful and set out with loads of space inside, the pool is brilliant big enough to swim in, it has a large sun terrace south facing which has five sun beds and two umbrellas ( but its big enough to take many more ). There is also a nice covered area with a wooden table and six chairs ideal for relaxing at night with a takeaway and a couple of bottles of wine and watch the sun go down.
The villa was cleaned 3 time a week Cleaners 10/10
The pool was the same pool man 10/10
Once again THANKS Ocean Club
we will be seeing you again
Norrie & Wayne
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our villa Delphi, we look forward to having you stay with us again!
Ocean Club Holidays
2 minutes walk to the beach and beach front promenade.
The airport is 15 minutes drive away.
The beach front promenade with it's shops, bars and restaurants is just 2 minutes walk away; yet the villas are in a quiet peaceful location.
Additional pricing information
Booking Notes: Deposits is £250 per villa per week or part week and the balance is due 10 weeks before arrival. Changeover Day: As there are now many flights going to and from Lanzarote we can be flexible on our changeover days. We are also flexible on the duration of your stay. Please call for more information. Notes on prices: Prices shown are for the villa per night in UK Pounds based on up to 3 people sharing. A small surcharge applies for additional people. We are flexible on changeover day and duration.A deposit of £200 per week or part week is required upon booking. We accept all major cards. To book call 01798 875703 or visit our oceanclubholidays.com website. Payment in Euro also accepted, please call.