Cottage in Simon's Town, Western Cape, S Africa - Peaceful Location 10 minutes walk to the Beach
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
- ON ARRIVAL meet at the Cottage with Rental Agents Barry / Karon from South Penninsula Living, Simon’s Town, for the keys and to answer queries
- SECURITY DEPOSIT pay to South Penninsula Living by EFT/cash of up to 50% of rental value, amount to be agreed. Refundable asap following exit check
- SECURITY please ensure Cottage security by taking appropriate care to lock doors and close windows and by using the house alarm system
- English, French
About Elspeth Campbell
Elspeth lives in Cambridge. She settled in London from Zimbabwe 28 years ago. She is a professional running her own Management Consultancy business, a mum and is committed to the philosophy and practice of yoga. She is an Iyengar Yoga teacher. Her cottage in Cape Town dates back to Elspeth's time studying at UCT in 1982 when it was acquired into the family and many happy times have been spent there over 36 years.
Elspeth Campbell purchased this Cottage in 1980
Why Elspeth Campbell chose Simon's Town
We adore the quiet beauty of the area around Simon's Town and the lovely, unspoilt beaches and rugged walks immediately accessible out of the back door. The location is pretty, calm and safe; also easy to get to interesting, lesser known places anywhere on the peninsula.
What makes this Cottage unique
From the deck watching the sunrise or sunset across the sea is very special. By night we get a magical view of stars and glittering lights across the bay. The new pergola and braai facilities on the deck offer the opportunity of meals while enjoying glorious sunlight or moonlight playing on the sea, and the movement of the waves to get a sense of the weather conditions. Alternatively breakfast or dinner in the protected area means we enjoy being outside away from wind and sun. This False Bay sea is warm, lovely for swimming. Local penguins are a delight! We may choose a breath taking walk up to the water tower behind the Cottage or the Naval Steps a little way along Runciman Drive. The quiet road and safe neighbourhood mean the children may visit the local store or Simon's Town without us worrying. On cold winter nights its cosy with curtains drawn, heating on, chilling out on comfortable sofas, dipping into nice selection of DVDs and books, with the bonus of sea view - its great!