For weddings, please see the conditions at the bottom of this page.
This wonderful 8 BR – 8 BA villa is located in the beautiful village of San Casciano Val di Pesa, just about 8 miles away from the beginning of the historic district of the city of Florence.
The villa traces back its origins to the early XVI century and is considered one of the finest examples of classical Renaissance architecture, attributed to the school of Michelangiolo.
Previous residence of several important noble families, the villa sits on a hillside overlooking the striking typical Tuscan landscape, full of olive trees, vineyards, cypresses and pine trees.
The villa is classified as a Historic Monument by the city's "Fine Arts" administration because of its magnificent interior and exterior features. Its symmetrical plans and facades, as well as the fantastic layout of the interiors, reflect the Renaissance tradition at its very best.
The villa spreads over more than 19,000 square feet of inner living space surrounded by 11 Acres of land (of which 2 acres decorate the garden surrounding the villa). An excellent extra virgin olive oil is produced every year from the 800 perfectly kept olive trees.
*** The property video (made in August 2016) can be viewed directly on this page or at this link: https://youtu.be/hoWEZodL8CE ***
Description of the interiors:
Ground Floor (entrance Floor).
- Entrance hall
- Kitchen with open fireplace
- Large vaulted play room
- One bedroom (with 2 twin beds that can be setup as a king upon request), one bathroom, and a powder room
- Wine cellar
- Main Living Room with Steinway piano and fireplace
- 2nd living room with fireplace
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Main dining room
- Breakfast Room
- Library Room
-Tv Room (15" with satellite channels)
- Powder room, one king bedroom and bathroom en-suite (with tub shower combo)
- Covered loggia with arches (fully equipped with coffee table, chairs, and large wooden dining table seating up to 18)
-6 bedrooms and 6 full bathrooms, of which there are 2 king bedrooms plus 4 bedrooms that can be setup as twin beds or one king.
- Powder room
- Large relax/yoga/play room (spread over 2 floors)
The villa features a perfectly functioning elevator as well as air conditioning in every room. There is also a fast wi-fi internet connection available throughout the space.
The loggia with arches is directly connected to the main Living Room and comes fully furnished with large tables and comfortable furniture to enjoy al fresco dining and lounging.
The pool area comes fully furnished with plenty of comfortable lounges and umbrellas as well (the pool can be heated upon request).
The villa is located about 2 miles away from the village of San Casciano Val di Pesa, which is a historic village sitting on the top of a hill, surrounded by the beautiful greenery of the typical Tuscan countryside. San Casciano is part of the Province of Florence and is also part of Chianti, the agricultural area in Tuscany famous for its wonderful wines, extra virgin olive oil, genuine and organic food, culture and landscapes.
The location itself is very appreciated by the visitors who choose San Casciano as a base for their holidays in Tuscany. The village is indeed an excellent starting point for any excursion to other Chianti villages, or Florence (8 miles), Siena, Pisa and other fabulous towns within Tuscany.
The village also offers many delicious restaurants, trattorie and pizzerie where all of the best traditional Florentine and Tuscan food can be tasted. There are several shops that sell local products such as; groceries, butchers, pastry shops, bakeries and a big supermarket called Coop. Many events are scheduled throughout the year.
Services such as banks with ATMs, a post office, and pharmacies can also be found here.
**Conditions to hold weddings at the property**
- The minimum chargeable rate during the high season (Early May-Mid October) would be for 7 nights. The usual minimum stay is 7 nights Saturday to Saturday, exceptions can be made to allow a shorter stay but the rate will remain for a 7 night stay.
- The hiring of the villa’s preferred wedding planner is mandatory.
- A wedding/event fee, for the permission to hold the wedding at the property with non-villa residents attending, would apply extra (the amount varies according to the final number of guests). The maximum number of guests allowed for any event on the property is 90-100 people.