Huge penthouse apartment. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. Sleeps up to 6 + 1 people. Ideal for families & couples.
- English, Spanish
About Graeme Hay
We are a big family – 4 brothers, 9 kids (aged 4-18) and our Mum – who have been loving coming out to Penina for years. Having stayed in other apartments and the hotel at various points over the years a few years ago the opportunity arose for our parents to buy the Penthouse at 12B. Since then we’ve all been able to come out to Penina much more often and enjoy bringing our kids with us to soak up everything Penina has to offer. We love the place and very much hope that you will get as much enjoyment visiting Penina as we all do.
Graeme Hay purchased this Apartment in 2007
Why Graeme Hay chose Alvor
Since we started coming out to Penina we have all loved the relaxed atmosphere and opportunity the area affords, for both a great family holiday, and to do lots and lots of activities. Ideal to get away from the cold and wet British weather and enjoy the amazing Algarve during the school holidays it was a very easy decision for our parents to buy the huge penthouse apartment for family and friends to enjoy when the opportunity arose.
What makes this Apartment unique
Put simply you can really feel at home in the Apartment. That everything you need is already there means you can relax straight away and start enjoying your holiday from the moment you arrive. The fact also that there are so many, and such a variety of, activities and things to do within easy walking and driving distance makes it a fantastic place to holiday. Whatever your mood on any given day you can choose to do as much or as little as you want. The fact that it’s also in one of the best golfing areas in the world is just an added bonus!
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't book our weeks!!
We have enjoyed this property for many years with wonderful views and stunning pool. All close to Alvor, a picturesque fishing village. The Monchique hills on our doorstep. Just magical.
Freshly decorated, well appointed, good quality furnishings, great outlooks from multiple balconies
Great location for access to golf courses and short journeys to Alvor and Lagos. Quiet location but a host of sporting facilities on the doorstep
Ideal family holiday
I recently stayed at this property with a 2yr toddler and 2 grandmothers, it was the perfect family stay. The apartment has space for everyone, comfortable rooms and different areas for sitting and relaxing, inside or outside. We were using the balconies and terrace in the last week of December, it was sunny and warm every day! For me, the kitchen was ready to go with everything I needed to make our family dinners. For our toddler, there were cupboards full of toys (and I could see lots more stuff for her as she grows up). And for the adults, we had all the TV channels we have at home. Even though it was winter, the temperature was sunny and 18 degrees every day so there were plenty of opportunities to be outdoors. The hotel is a short walk away, and we visited the beach, historic towns and wineries, nothing is more than 20 minutes drive. The Algarve has also incredible shopping. We are already planning our return trip!
Nice place, quiet time, great vacations
Very open and clean apartment, quiet place and easy to acces.
Great stay again
This is our 3rd visit to the apartment with our 3 children and we had a great time again. The area is great to explore with lots of fantastic beaches / water parks close by and we even tried the go karting at the nearby track this time which the kids loved! The apartment was a fantastic base for us and we really enjoyed it again. Bright, plenty of space for all of us and with everything we needed. Thanks again.
Disappointing stay in the Penthouse
Although we have stayed in these apartments many occasions September is not our usual time, as the penthouse was available we decided to book it.
It is very tired and needs updating and is not up to the same standard as the other apartments. The terrace are is large and would be great for eating out or relaxing although there is no shade what so ever, the parasol provided does not angle therefore is pretty useless.
We enjoyed our stay as its a great area to explore the Algarve but we were very disappointed with the apartment.
We had taken my 82 year old Mother on holiday as we knew there was a lift up to the penthouse and when we arrived the lift was out of order!!!!
**Places to Go / Things to do:**
• Closest to the apartment and walking distance away is the PENINA HOTEL & GOLF RESORT which has a variety of facilities which you can pay to use. These include a very large outdoor swimming pool, Sauna & Health Centre, hard-surfaced floodlit tennis courts and archery lanes. The Penguin 'Kids' Club is also available to infants from 6 months to children of 12.
• The pretty family-orientated fishing village of ALVOR is only 5km away and it’s a friendly and charming place. Here you’ll find the closest beaches to you – the 2 mile long golden sandy beach "Praia de Alvor" at the western end, extending east along to "Praia dos Três Irmãos". You are spoilt for beaches in the Algarve but it’s the lagoon that separates this place from the rest. It’s a shallow, deep-blue water freshwater pool that’s loved by swimmers and kite surfers. The wooden boardwalk walkways over the rolling sand dunes are also great for cycling, nature observing and sunset strolls. As you wander the cobbled streets of the Old Town you’ll also uncover medieval churches sitting alongside great shops, bars and restaurants. There’s also the ruins of a 7th century castle which is now combined with a children’s play area to explore!
• The port of PORTIMAO is 6km away and is a much bigger market town with all you would expect. It is a gateway to loads of activities including boat tours, water sports, diving, cave trips, wine tours, biking tours, bird watching and all types of fishing. It also offers excellent shopping at the Aqua Portimão Shopping Centre (free underground parking), good restaurants, live theatre, cinemas and museums.
• PRAIA DA ROCHA (10km) beach is another fantastic spot with beautiful scenery. One of the liveliest towns of the Algarve coastline it also boasts many great holiday activities, including power boat rides, water parks, and jeep tours.
• The historic town of LAGOS sits close to the Algarve’s far western edge. The capital of the Algarve for almost 200 years its walled town, imposing Ponta da Bandeira fort and crumbling Governor’s Palace are good to visit. The town has lots of good restaurants, piazzas and plenty of good beaches to choose from, all with beach bars and offering a wide variety of great food. It’s a great place for surfers too. The 5 mile long Meia Praia to Lagos' east side is a beautiful soft and sandy beach and also well worth a visit. There’s also a zoo in Lagos and a marine zoo, open March to October, which offers the chance to swim with dolphins.
• CARVOEIRO – 15km away – is a former fishing village and great place for a family visit. Innumerable watersports, a great, colourful waterpark nearby at Slide and Splash, along with child-friendly restaurants, make it a great spot. Numerous coves and beaches are also well worth exploring for weird and wonderful rock formations, sea arches and caves. One of the most photographed is the perfect Praia da Marinha. Nominated as one of the 10 best beaches in Europe by Michelin Guide, this white sandy beach lies at the bottom of rocky outcrops with a flight of stone steps down to it.
• The old Moorish capital of SILVES is 2km away and has a fortress and castle to visit while the highest part of the Algarve at MONCHIQUE offers some great walking paths and amazing scenic views.
• ALBUFEIRA is 40km away and is the Algarve's largest resort town. It has a 30km coastline with countless stunning beaches. One of the best known is Praia de Santa Eulalia to the east and to the west, Praia do Sao Rafael beach has great rock pools. It’s also close to the Zoomarine theme park and Aqualand water park too. Shopping wise there's the open-air shopping mall ‘Algarve Shopping’ near Guia, or you can head to the Old Town for outdoor markets, independent shops, family-friendly restaurants and cafes.
• A bit further afield, at the extreme western tip of the Algarve, is SAGRES (50km). A region of dramatic natural scenery is comprises raging seas, towering cliffs and vast beaches. It’s an ideal great spot for surfers too. The fort at Sagres also offers great panoramic views over the ocean. The beautiful Spanish city of SEVILLE (250km) is also a potential long day trip and if you make it there the Catherdral, Real Alcazar (Royal Palace) and of course the quirky ‘Metropol Parasol’ are well worth a visit.
**Travel / Getting here:**
• Leaving Faro Airport take the A22 motorway towards Loule. After 45 mins take exit 4 (Four) for Alvor & at the roundabout follow the signs to Figueria/Golf.
• Direct flights to Faro are from most UK airports and flights are operated by low-cost airlines including Jet2, EasyJet, Ryanair, FlyBe and Monarch. A car is essential for getting around but there are plenty of car hire firms operating at Faro.