We invite you to come and stay at Quinta da Barroquela, a beautiful villa in a very quite, picturesque small village called Ulgueira (being part of the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park), set in the ridge of the Sintra's mountains, with a spectacular view towards Cabo da Roca, Adraga Beach and the Atlantic Ocean.
For people who enjoy hiking , we recommend climbing down to the Adraga beach which will take about 30min. Its only a short hike away from the property.
Or, if you prefer to relax, why not enjoy a nap or a nice book, on one of the sun beds next to the private swimming-pool on the about 4.000 m2 property with a very well cared garden ?
Afterwards you can profit from a built-in barbecue and a terrace, to prepare some delicious grilled food for your family or friends, always enjoying the wonderful view and quite surroundings.
And for a change, why not visit the delicious local restaurants which offer fresh fish and seafood and bars in 5 min drive; 'Moinho Dom Quixote' (D. Quixote windmill) is a fabulous bar / restaurant with a fantastic view towards Guincho and Cascais and is 5 min drive.
Inside the villa of 290m2, you will feel at home, appreciating a lovely living and dining room with a fabulous view with rolling hills and the Adraga Beach and Atlantic in the background. The house has a fully equipped kitchen and an outdoor breakfast area, as well as 5 bedrooms (3 twin bedrooms,1 double bedroom and 1 single room) , one with private bathroom. It has also more 2 complete bathrooms , one with shower and another with a bathtub. We can provide a cot and a highchair for children.
Quite and idyllic; Fantastic view towards the Atlantic Ocean and Cabo da Roca;
Situated between Sintra and Cascais (15 km), Quinta da Barroquela is a perfect location to stay, if you want to explore the area of Lisbon, Sintra, Cascais .
Early in 1996 UNESCO included Sintra in its list of world cultural heritage sites. During the next few years increased efforts have been made to restore the town's unique architectural character.
During your stay and around Quinta da Barroquela, you can :
• Walk to the cliffs or the neared beach (Praia da Adraga) over mountain trails,
• Get fresh bread every morning from the local coffeeshop.
• In about 7 min by car you can visit Quinta de Santa Maria wine cellars of Casas Novas
• In about 7 min by car you can enjoy a typical restaurant at Casas Novas, with fado music once per week
• visit Cabo da Roca (5 driving minutes away) the most western point of continental Europe with splendid Atlantic views
Reach the following amazing beaches by car, in approx. 8-15min driving time:
• Praia da Adraga with a gorgeous Restaurant overlooking the beach
• Praia Grande (the Big Beach) - ideal for surf, longboard and body board , lessons available. You can find several restaurants with delicious portuguese food/appetizers and/or bars with terraces in front and overlooking the beach and sea.
• Praia das Maças - ideal for surf, bodyboard, lessons available. Nice sandy beach with very renown seafood restaurants overlooking the sea. Next to the beach you also can visit an public salt water pool with tennis courts. Fresh fruit, vegetables and fish can be found in the small market hall nearby. From here you can also take the little picturesque tram to Colares or Sintra !
• Guincho beach - known for many international surf, windsurf- and kite contests. ideal for kite surf, windsurf, surf, lessons available. The biggest beach in the area, visited by many international surfers and kite surfers. Very nice restaurant/bar with paid parking place on the northern side (Abano).
Visit the mystic Unesco World Heritage Village of Sintra and please do not miss the delicious "travesseiros" pastry served in typical coffeeshops or more elaborate tearooms. Some main touristic sights nearby are worth visiting , reminding you of (Pena Palace, Monserrate Palace, National Palace, Seteais Palace, Quinta da Regaleira, Moorish Castle. Capuchos Convent):
• Pena Palace - 20 min,
• Monserrate Palace - 14 min,
• National Palace and Seteais Palace - 18 min,
• Quinta da Regaleira - 19 min,
• Capuchos Convent - 10 min,
• Moorish Castle - 20 min.
Cascais has a great shopping center (Cascaishopping) and Marina, which you reach in about 25 min. Estoril (23kms) has a fantastic gambling casino.
If you like Golf there are several golf courses nearby including the famous Penha Longa, the Quinta da Marinha, the Oitavos and Estoril Golf course.
• Penha Longa - 15 min,
• the Quinta da Marinha - 20 min,
• the Oitavos - 20 min,
• Estoril Golf course - 30 min.
Profit from your stay to visit the charming Lisbon city , with its various districts, such as the typical moorish quarters of Alfama, Mouraria and Bairro Alto and discover and enjoy wonderful restaurants, bars and Fado houses (typical Portuguese music).
Modern parts of Lisbon - like the former Expo'98 area - are to be visited as well, especially if you have children or wildlife lovers in your group who will love to experience in the big Oceanarium.
We hope that staying at Quinta da Barroquela, provides you a great vacation experience, by visiting all the major sights and enjoying unforgettable moments with your family or/and friends !