|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Just 25 minutes away from the amazing rocks of Zion National Park, relax in secluded, rocky Toquerville! Make your own meal in our full kitchen or the BBQ grill outside. Families welcome!
This is the basement of our home with a separate entrance downstairs; we live upstairs. It is very light and as one guest wrote, "you would never know you are below ground."
1. A large living room, dining and kitchen area that covers 616 sq. feet is the common area. This 44 foot long space includes a living room with a large library of books, a cozy fireplace, a 42" flat-screen TV with cable TV included and several couches. A pool table is in the center, and the end portion has a large dining table and a beautiful corner glass table we call our breakfast nook. This sits atop two large volcanic boulders you will wonder how we got there! There is a full kitchen with fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and coffee brewing station.
2. The bathroom (only one bathroom for both bedrooms) has a tub and shower, and large mirror over the sink. It also has a stack-able washer and dryer that are available for your use free of charge. Soap, shampoo, and conditioner are provided.
3. Also available for your use from 6:00-10:00 p.m. with a reservation, is a 265 sq. ft. Theater Room with a 126" screen.
4. Just for the kids: a separate toy room with doll house, giant ball roller, marble rollers, and various other fun creations from "Grandpa Gary's Wooden Toys." This room also has a Murphy Bed, (Queen-Sleeps 2) which can be used for families. ($20 additional per person)
5. Outside we have a large natural gas grill available for your use and a nice deck with comfortable patio furniture to enjoy our cool desert evenings.
1. Our Navajo Sandstone Suite is 178 sq. ft. and has a wonderful Queen size bed. A small flat screen TV is in this room. (VRBO Listing 782074)
2. This Listing: Our Desert Rose Suite is 216 sq. ft. and has a very comfortable King size bed. Also in the room are two twin bunk beds that can be added for $20 more per person. There is a TV with DVD player in the room.
3. The Toy Room has a Queen Murphy bed (sleeps 2). This can be added for additional family members for $20 additional per person.
Both bedrooms have large spacious windows and window wells that let in plenty of light.
About US!! I am Gary Young and my wife, Karlene and I are the parents of 5 grown children, 4 boys and a girl. We have 8 wonderful grandchildren, 4 girls and 4 boys. Five of them live nearby and we love tending and spoiling them. Karlene has been a teacher for 20 years, most of those years teaching drama to all ages. Five things she can't live without: Family, good food, exercise, beautiful music, theater.
I, Gary, have been a carpenter all my life and have been a General Contractor, building houses, for pretty much about forever. We've long lost track of how many houses I've built, but I did build this home in Toquerville. I love to doodle and build wooden toys and other things in my wood shop.
Future travel wants: back to the Mediterranean, explore Europe, Alaska, and Hawaii. We love cruises!
Karlene enjoys many types of books, but especially Young Adult Fiction. She loves Country music, especially if she can sing it, and Broadway music, because she's a musical theater nerd! She loves being in plays. Her mantra: Hope, and trust in The Lord.
I would rather watch an action packed movie in our great theater room than read.
Karlene admits I'm a terrific host, love to meet people, and make a mean Snickerdoodle Cookie. More than anything I love to take people boating. My goal, to still be water-skiing at age 70! I can't live without my wife, fried chicken, pumpkin pie, grand kids, and my wood shop.
Gary and Karlene Young purchased this house in 2004
We decided it was time to move to southern Utah to get out of the snow of northern Utah. Gary and I had met going to college in St. George, Utah, and my Dodge ancestors helped settle this little pioneer town of Toquerville, Utah in 1862. We had driven through it countless times on the way to Springdale, Utah where Gary's family lived. We were drawn to this beautiful, rural town, with it's tree lined main street that explodes with beautiful white blossoms in the spring. We love being close to Zion National Park and exploring it's endless trails and fun.
Because my husband is a builder, we could put our every wish into our final home. We chose this beautiful town because of it's rural, hometown feel, and have been enfolded in it's arms. The people here are warm, friendly, and very giving. We love to help others and make viable contributions to our city and church as well. Zion National Park is the cream of the crop when it comes to great National Parks, and we love having it in our back yard.
One of the biggest reasons I love B & B is the people you meet along the way. Karlene is one of those exceptional hosts. She welcomed us into her beautiful home and immediately make us feel at ease. Kind, thoughtful, and extremely hospitable, Karlene went above and beyond every step of the way, making us to-go lunches each day (which were perfect for our day hikes) and offering great advice when it came to activity suggestions for Zion. We had a beautiful time-thank you for being so warm and welcoming!
So amazing! Would definitely re-book next time if I ever revisit to explore Utah further!
We chose this place because it was close to Zion National Park. We also used it as our home base when we went to Bryce National Park. The accommodation was nice fully equipped kitchen everything you could possibly want. We had continental breakfast one day and Gary fix this waffles and sausage the next. If there were any negatives at all it was the fact that we had to share a bathroom. This really wasn't an issue for us since we really never saw the other tenants. The room is a little dark since it's in the basement but well-lit with many ceiling lights. Overall we had a great experience love the place and cared much for the people
Gary and Karlene were very accommodating and hospitable. Our stay was very relaxing and got everything we needed. Gary who is a toy maker showed us his collections and even made us do his toy puzzles which were challenging. If you're planning a trip to zion I would recommend this place it's less than 30 min drive to zion where in that area could get crowded. Thanks Gary and Karlene!
Our group of 5 stayed here for 2 nights while visiting ZION. We loved our stay. The home was lovely and the hosts were friendly and helpful. They know the area quite well and helped us find great places to eat and which hikes were the best. We all very much enjoyed our stay here.
Gary and Karlene are two of the nicest people I have met. They were so warm and welcoming. They made us a wonderful breakfast!! The property was simply amazing and luxurious. What a wonderful value. From the comfortable living space to the beautiful theater room, this listing was so far beyond our expectations!! The pictures don't do it justice. I couldn't have been more pleased with this home. Add the two wonderful people that live there and it is a perfect place to stay. I would give them 6 stars if I could. Can't wait to get back to Zion and I will definitively stay here again!
My 20 year old son and I stayed here in order to hike in Zion National Park. This home was exactly as described and then some!!! Gary and Karlene were very prompt in our initial questions and made us feel like family when we arrived there and throughout the week. The home was spotless including the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and general area. My son and I played pool every night on the pool table!! There is a full refrigerator to store what little or what a lot you have . . . so we kept our trail fruit and lunch meats fresh in the full sized refrigerator. There were plenty of essentials supplied by the host . . . bread, eggs, cereal, milk, orange juice, etc . . . all for an excellent breakfast or to have a snack. I would easily recommend to a single traveler all the way to a family or even households traveling together. Plenty of good restaurants 10 minutes away in nearby Hurricane or eat in many good restaurants in Zion Park. Note: Our favorite hike was Taylor Creek . . . you follow a creek / wash out. Cooler as there is shade provided by trees along the creek, pass two old cabins from the 1930s and wind up in a double alcove!!! WOW.
We were able to park on the side of the house where we were sleeping, which made is easy and convenient to carry our luggage in. It was fantastic being able to fix our own meals as well as the ability to do our laundry before flying back home. We were able to come and go as needed without waking anyone up. Gary and Karlene made us breakfast several times while we were their and it was fantastic.
Sand Hollow Reservoir is 22 miles away. Boating, water-skiing, beaches available. We'd love to take you boating for an afternoon. Reasonable price!
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£162|
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.