|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
Hello Family Beach vacationers and business travelers!
A Shore Thing is located in the heart of Belmont Shore, CA. Just steps to the beach, the bay and 2nd street. A Shore Thing was decorated to accommodate families of 7, with beds for 5 and a new queen bed sofa / sleeper in the living room which sleeps another 2 comfortably. Central Air Conditioning was added in May of 2016 to make sure you and your family or coworkers stay cool. The Belmont Shore area of Long Beach offers many restaurants, shops and bars for mom and dad and the older children to enjoy and the kid Friendly Alamitos Bay is a short walk for the younger ones.
- 2 bedroom, 1 bath duplex - built in 1929
- 1st bedroom has queen bed
- 2nd bedroom has a twin / full bunk bed with 38" HD TV and a PS3
- New Linens and Comfortable Duvets on every bed
- New Queen size sleeper sofa in living room
- New hardwood floors in living room and bedrooms
- Newly updated bathroom with shower
- Culligan Whole House PE Soft Water System
- Central Air Conditioning was installed in May of 2016
- Alarm System - Security Code will be forwarded to you on day of arrival
- 60" HD TV with DVD Player and Chromecast in Living Room
- Bose Bluetooth speaker in Living Room so you can listen to your favorite music from your own smart phone
- Free 50 Meg WIFI
- HD Cable TV in living room
- Fully equipped kitchen (Gas Stove, Refrigerator, Microwave, Pots & Pans, Cups, Coffee maker and Blender)
- Full size washer and dryer in laundry room.
- 6 beach chairs and one Igloo on back porch for your Beach or Bay Adventure.
- Large gated and kid friendly front patio with BBQ and relaxing furniture to enjoy the great Belmont Shore weather.
- Outdoor Shower, Perfect to wash off the sand from the Beach and Bay.
- Corner lot offers a great sea breeze in the afternoon and a much brighter house to enjoy the fantastic S. California weather
-A Shore Thing is the bottom floor only, please do not disturb the other tenant upstairs. Each has their own private entrance.
Near By Attractions:
Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, CSULB, Naples Canals, Aquarium of the Pacific, Alamitos Bay, 2nd Street Restaurants and Bars, Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, LA Harbor, Catalina Island, Hollywood, Queen Mary, LA Kings, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, LA Dodgers
- Kid Friendly Alamitos Bay and the Beach are just steps away
- Boating and Kayaking
- Kite Surfing and Volleyball
- Movies at the beach during the summer months
- 3 mile bike and rollerblade path along the sand brings you all the way to downtown Long Beach
- 2nd Street is a 2 minute walk to many restaurants, bars and unique shops.
- Gondola Getaway .5 miles
- Long Beach Marine Stadium 1.5 miles
- Queen Mary 5.5 miles
- Aquarium of the Pacific 4.1 miles
- Long Beach Convention Center 3.5 miles
- Disneyland 18 miles
- Knots Berry Farm 14.2 miles
- Hollywood 34 miles
For more pictures please search any social media with #ashorethinglb
Email us with any questions you may have. We promise to respond quickly.
Our family has lived in the Belmont Shore area since the late 70's. I attended CSULB in the mid 80's. We love the atmosphere that Belmont Shore has to offer and hope you will too.
Brent Dooley purchased this house in 1979
Location, Location, Location!! The lots down at the beach are usually quite small. That is why we prefer corner lots which allow much more sunshine and sea breezes. the large window in the family room allows plenty of S. CA sunshine into our home. A quick walk brings you to 2nd street which has every restaurant, bar and store you will ever need. Alamitos Bay, four blocks to the East offers a kid friendly beach. And Long Beach to the south offers spectacular sunsets.
A Shore Thing was built in 1929. We have decorated the house to be kid friendly or the young at heart with bunk beds and a PS3 in the back bedroom. The Living Room offers a great way to unwind and enjoy your vacation. The front patio is a great place to hang out, relax and enjoy the locals who walk by as they stroll from the beach to 2nd street.
"A Shore Thing" is a relaxing place to stay! It is so clean, well equipped, and comfortable. It is in easy walking distance to the bay, the ocean, shops and restaurants. The owners are easily available, and they want the renters to have an enjoyable and relaxing time. It was great for me, my family, and my grandchildren! I highly recommend it!
This is a great property with all the little things you hate to forget on vacation. We drove 12 hours with a very packed car, so not having to try and fit beach towels, chairs, etc was a blessing. Wish there was a second toilet, but we made due. High matinenince teen would have figured out a way to use both I'm sure, lol. Beautiful walk to the beach. Oh and did I mention great neighbors. Having crappy neighbors can put a cramp to any awesome vacation. Best communication and accommodation I've had with a rental. Thank you from making our stay the best it could be.
Families like the Dooleys are the reason we are considering Belmont as a permanent place to live.
Staying at A Shore Thing was a fabulous experience! My family came here to celebrate my graduation from CSULB and it was the perfect location! The owners were efficient communicators throughout the entire process and did anything to make sure we were comfortable during our stay. I was weary of using VRBO initially, but the owners were incredibly professional and informed me of every step of the process of renting their beautiful home. The house was well stocked with cooking supplies, linens, and even went as far as providing shampoo conditioner in the shower! The house was short walking distance to the bay and beach, and we walked to 2nd street for all of our meals. I would recommend A Shore Thing to anyone coming to visit Long Beach!
We had a great experience staying at this property. Everything we needed to make our stay comfortable and stress free was readily available. The decor is tasteful and kid friendly. Excellent location between the beach and shops. Brent was an excellent host.
A Shore Thing is a wonderful home right in the heart of Long Beach. My family of 4 stayed there for five days and everything we needed (and much more!) was provided for us. The home is clean, very well decorated and very-well stocked. The beds were comfortable and our children loved the bunk beds and took advantage of the many games in the kids' rooms. While we didn't take advantage of them, there are plenty of shops and restaurants right within walking distance of the home. The Dooley family was so responsive and we felt safe and secure in the home and outside the home. The neighborhood was quiet - we really had a terrific stay!
A stroll down 2nd street will introduce you to many fine restaurants, fun bars and unique shops.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£81|
|Property Damage Protection||£48|
Please do not disturb the tenant upstairs. The front patio is yours to enjoy. The upstairs back patio is for the tenant upstairs only. A signed Rental Agreement is required before check in.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.