|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Arrive to the home that Jim Evans handcrafted and cleverly placed on the Clark Fork River. Enjoy private river access in your backyard! Mountain surroundings embellish this charming country home, while less than six miles to shopping and restaurants in downtown Missoula. This rustic retreat sleeps 10 comfortably in 3 bedrooms, 2 family rooms, 2 full baths and a large kitchen able to seat all. Two pull outs can offer sleeping for 13. The private deck of the main level kitchen/family room offers seating and a beautiful view of the Clark Fork River. The lower level walkout features a hot tub, BBQ and fire pit. The perfect accent to a starry night.
A regulation sized volleyball net and oversized swing set are also present for your enjoyment. With access to biking trails, hiking trails, shooting ranges, hunting, fishing, kayaking, river surfing, and much more, Fly Fisherman's Dream will serve as the perfect home base. Please note that a occupancy tax will be added to any booking under 30 nights.
Christine and Marco are long-time Missoula business owners. Their pride in our community shines through in their home. They have teamed up with Libby, of Pi Property Management to provide guests with the best and most responsive experience possible. We all look forward to having you as our guests.
Jim's On The River has been in Christine's family for decades. Built by her grandfather, it is accented with local lumber and strategically placed right on the Clark Fork river at the Missoula corridor.
Jim's On The River is a unique property accented with local lumber, and tastefully accented with beautiful western Montana touches. Surrounded by natural evergreen landscaping and riverfront access, guests will never know that they are just six minutes from downtown Missoula.
The house was well maintained, clean, and warm. We stayed over Christmas week-end, when it was cold and lots of snow. The boiler for the heater worked well! The property manager must have plowed out the drive way on the last day. We had 5 vehicles in the parking area, which was a tight squeeze, but did work. The kitchen and dining area was large enough for all of us to prepare a family meal. There is a sitting room upstairs and a tv room downstairs. Both are large enough to fit all of us, but it was nice to be able spread out. The property is right on the river and was quiet and peaceful. The only drawback was the hot tub would not stay hot! A pleasant bonus was the manager left us some holiday treats when we checked in.
Let us start by saying that we really did like this place....what we would consider a very nice, rustic fishing cabin. The location on the water is incredible. The size was great for 2 medium sized familes and it was quite clean. But here are a few things you should know and a few suggestions for the owners/rental management company:
1. It is located directly across the river from train tracks. This means that several times each night, the train rolls through and blasts it's horn. Because you're in a canyon, it's VERY loud. I don't think anyone could not be startled out of their sleep.
2. It is located very close to the Interstate 90 freeway - like, less than 100 m from the front of the house. There is a lot of traffic noise that is audible as well.
3. There is no air conditioning (which, hey, it's a rustic fishing cabin) so if you're there during a hot spell like we were (over 90 degrees F for 3 days in a row) the upstairs is almost unbearably warm and difficult to sleep in (that's the room with 2 queen beds and a bunk bed).
OK, other than that, it really is a good place to stay. Now, for the owners/rental management company:
1. If people are coming in for a short stay, and presumably they're staying there so they can prepare their own meals rather than eat out every night, it would be good if you could provide some basic cooking essentials: several spices (more than the 2 salt and pepper shakers) such as garlic salt, etc, cooking oil, and general cleaning supplies like All Purpose Cleaner for counter tops and tables. Also, there were no matches/lighter for the barbeque.
2. It would also be a basic touch to provide small quantities of shampoo and shower soap - people shouldn't have to transport their own from where ever they're coming from.
Thanks for letting us stay at your place. We really enjoyed Missoula and the great fishing the area has to offer.
We really enjoyed our stay at Jim's On The River. Thank you for treats you left for us upon our arrival. The location was great and staying on the river was a wonderful experience. We barbecued a couple of nights and enjoyed the patio and the upper deck. We did a little fishing and you can't get much closer to the fishing than we were.
All else seemed good. We enjoyed the experience and so did the two golfers that stayed with us. I will certainly recommend Jim's to anyone I know that is visiting the area.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£811|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.