|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The layout of this custom lake home is well-planned for lake living and you get the unmistakeable charm of a unique, double A-frame with spiral stairs to the loft!
* 3 Bedroom / 2 Full Bath
* 2,322 sq. ft. + rear covered porch, very private
* Unique, wide open floor plan with 2 huge A-frame window walls (front and rear) that let in natural light and create amazing wooded views
* Loft above Great Room accessible by 5-foot diameter spiral staircase; views from the loft (to front and back) are very cool looking into treetops
* Gas log gas fireplace with remote control for those cool fall evenings at the lake; custom white cedar log mantle and stone surround. The walk-around design of the fireplace contributes to the wide open feel of the Great Room--great for friends and entertaining.
* Covered rear porch with access from the Great Room, Kitchen, or Master Bedroom -- features recessed lighting, ceiling fans, and privacy
* Top quality products including Delta faucets, Jeld-Wen windows, Carrier HVAC, and black Whirlpool Energy Star appliances.
* The 1.75 acre lot is loaded with mature hardwood trees. And, the back and side of the lot is loaded with natural rock outcroppings, indigenous ferns, mossy rocks, etc. Deer frequently cross the lot behind the house.
* Natural wilderness walking trails for nature walks. Deer and turkey are common.
* There's a boat ramp less than 1 mile away to launch your boat. Full service Moutardier Marina is only 5 miles.
* 84 miles to Louisville airport; 110 miles to Nashville airport.
My family and I enjoy all the time on the lake that we can with friends and neighbors. We like to share our beautiful Nolin Lake with others by way of renting our cabins so that others can enjoy the area. Enjoy!
Michael Dickson purchased this cabin in 2012
Super cabin in the woods on Nolin Lake. Summertime on the water can't be beat! Fall/winter are equally inviting with beautiful foilage scenery, warm campfires with s'mores, etc. And, Mammoth Cave National Park is only 19 miles to the main cave entrance.
You are close to "off the grid" here. There is no WiFi and you'll be lucky if your cell phone gets a signal. Enjoy it. Bring a hotspot if you must.
Go to Sherry's Red Roof Restaurant for a big country breakfast. Go back for a fried chicken supper. It's wholesome.
The location of this home couldn't have been better for our weekend visit to Mammoth Cave. The home was quite new, and nicely laid out. The kitchen was functional, but had very limited utensils and dishes. Also, the HomeAway listing stated that this home was to have "Sat/cable", but there was NONE.
The house was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The kids loved the loft area! The large covered deck and fire pit would have been a lot of fun had it been a little cooler. Nice private area, felt very safe. We had a really great vacation and would definitely come back to this home!!!
Spacious beautiful and clean newer home in wooded gated subdivision. Not too far from the cave. Nolin lake access is 5 miles away at the Moutardier recreation area (no beach though). No small kitchen appliances except coffee maker. Need to bring your own cutting board, serving bowls, and knives if you will be making meals. We enjoyed our stay.
This house is beautiful and very roomy. We were in Kentucky for a baseball tournment and stayed here with 2 other families, we had plenty of room. The covered porch on the deck was really nice too although we were only able to sit out there one night due to the heat. Michael sent correspondences to us prior to our arrival giving us directions and details on how to get into the house on our arrival and that went very smooth too. He also checked in with us during the week. I would absolutely recommend this house.
Very beautiful property and perfect location to do everything! Plenty of room as we had 6 kids spread out. It is a newly developed area and the neighbors were great! Great service and will do home away again!
We spent a few days here in June 2016 and could not have been more impressed. The owner was extremely responsive to all of my emails (I sent A LOT) and he never made me feel like I was being bothersome. When we arrived, the house was immaculate. I mean immaculate! It was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. We had a great time in the evenings sitting by the fire. The neighborhood is extremely quiet. We didn't see another person in the neighborhood the entire time we were there. It's a great location for day trips. We went to Mammoth Cave National Park, which was about 25 minutes away. From there we went to Cave City where we enjoyed horseback riding and a breathtaking 7 1/2 mile canoe ride down the Green River. I really appreciated that we were provided with dish soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry soap, fabric softener, toilet paper and paper towels! We've rented many homes via VRBO and most owners do not provide those items.
Please note as mentioned in other reviews there is NO AT&T CELL SERVICE at this location and much of the surrounding area. I was a little uncomfortable not having a cell phone or a land line to use in an emergency. There is no wifi either but I think that ended up being a good thing for us, we really needed to disconnect! Another thing to note and I am surprised no one else mentioned in their reviews, is the roads in the neighborhood are all gravel and extremely steep! Don't show up in a little sports car. We had a difficult time making it up the main road in the neighborhood in our mini van that had brand new tires. Finally, I highly recommend being prepared with all of your groceries, etc before you arrive. There are a few little stores around but I didn't see a big grocery store anywhere.
Thank you again for the lovely home for our family vacation. We hope to rent from you again in the future!!!
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£202|
|Cleaning fee||£80 + Tax|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.