Daniel Gur Arie
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
Odds and ends
Overall the property was nice.
Easy to find, good area.
The following needs attention
Exterior lights front and back, did NOT work (as listed in ad )
TV wouldn’t connect to anything,
Emailed but no resolution.
Safety issue with hot water in shower, leaking out of the wall.
Living room floor had holes in the floor under the carpet. Ouch!
Unable to use dryer for towels etc, emailed owner no response.
AC does not mean you have only 1 small window air conditioner in only 1 room..
I was thankful for the whole-house fan and that it was fairly cool outside during our stay. Otherwise, we would have been miserable as most windows DID NOT OPEN. The plants growing into the windows was creepy - there was trash in the back yard - and the chairs had to be rearranged because those two blue ones were very uncomfortable.
It was cheap - I get that - but be honest about AC and the non-working Washer and Dryer.
Never Stay Here
This is the worse property I have ever stayed at for starters the accuracy of the listing is way off base the address that is listed is not where you are staying.
1) The inside of the property that the pictures show does not represent what you actually stay in the pictures have been photo shopped really well.
2) When it says the place has AC it only has 1 small window unit on the 2nd floor in only one bedroom there is no AC on the 1st floor I actually had to go out and spend $400 on a unit just so we could be cool at night to be able to sleep wasn't expecting to have to buy my own AC unit.
3) The TV has no local channels and has an app for all your channels but none of them are for St Clair or Detroit area so that was another misconception from the listing.
4) The inside of the place is a mess cabinets are not mounted correctly the beds are uncomfortable and the washer & dryer are way out of date and the dryer doesn't even work at all and the owner knew this prior to our arrival and still did not correct the problem.
5) The cleanliness of the place was bad there was actually weeds from the outside bushes growing through the window pains and into the house in the dinning area and in the bathroom. I wish I could post pictures here of this. None of the windows close correctly. There was only one roll of toiletries provided even though it says it was provided.
6) The outside of the property looks like it doesn't get maintained the back yard is a mess with all the weeds growing up the side of the house and into the windows the grass (what little there is) looks like it hasn't been cut in weeks. I could not even pull my truck into the parking area in the back because the fence is falling down into the driveway. The garage door does not work and is not secure so I would never bring a boat here nor would it fit in the driveway or garage. The inside of the garage is filled with trash and looks like it's never been swept.
Overall I was deceived about this rental and am going to file a complaint with Homeaway was definitely not worth the money and we didn't realize this until we drove 10Hrs to get there and in the first hour had to spend $400 on a AC unit.
Completely ruined my vacation I would never ever stay here again or any of his properties after seeing the condition of this one.
I'm filling a complaint for a refund.
Nope, nope, nope
We arrived in Detroit after 10 PM the first night we were supposed to stay. By the time we got our luggage, car, and a few groceries it was midnight. The address that was provided sent us to a location that doesn't exist. After calling property owner with no answer we drive around for an hour and a half trying to find this place. We had three children with us ages 12,9,&4. we ended up having to get a hotel for the night. At the hotel after we we're checked in my husband messaged the property owner about the issue and he responded fairly quickly with the correct address. Given the circumstances we decided to try again after we we're able to get some sleep and rest. We finally found the property that morning and continued our stay. We never received reimbursement from the owner due to our inconvenience.
*The property..... You get what you pay for. The home served its purpose as having a place to stay. The A/C was inoperable and the thermostat was hanging off the wall. The beds (except for the twin) we're extremely springy and uncomfortable. There were ants everywhere and laundry could not be completed due to the knobs all having been taken off. Listing stated that it slept 8 and it is really only for 6.
Definitely terrible experience and will never stay in one of his properties again.