|Space||2,900 sq. ft.|
• Hosts are full-time residents of the home, and will be living in part of the home during your stay.
• A 1,500 SF private guest wing in host’s residence, with 2 master suites and a large multi-purpose room on the Upper Level of the home is for your private exclusive use.
• A 1,400 SF private game & workout room, outdoor patio and fire pit area on the Lower Level of the home are also for your private exclusive use.
• Kitchen, dining area, & outside eating area with BBQ grill on the Upper Level of the home are shared among guests & hosts.
• The hosts are full-time residents of the home, and will be living in 3,200 SF of the 4,700 SF Upper Level of the home during your stay. Please review the Upper Level and Lower Level Floor Plans in the "Photos" section of the listing.
• The private spaces for guests are a 1,500 square-foot separate guest space on the upper level with a private exterior entrance, and a 1,400 square-foot game & workout room on the lower level plus a 700 SF outdoor patio and a fire pit area.
• The spaces shared among guests and hosts are the kitchen, a dining area, and an outdoor eating area on the back deck with a propane BBQ grill.
• A refrigerator/freezer, a microwave oven, a toaster, and a coffee maker including regular and decaf coffee are provided in the private guest space.
• A list of 22 places to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in Graeagle and the surrounding area is available. There is also a grocery store in Graeagle.
PRIVATE UPPER LEVEL GUEST SPACE (1,500 square feet)
• KING MASTER SUITE: Includes a king-size bed and an attached bathroom with a separate stall shower and a jetted tub.
• QUEEN MASTER SUITE: Includes two queen-size beds with a walk-in closet and an attached bathroom with a large combination tub-shower.
• MULTI-PURPOSE ROOM: Between the two suites is a large multi-purpose room with a TV and DirecTV DVR, a sofa that folds out into a queen-size bed, a recliner, a table with chairs, and counter space. This room has an access door to the bathroom attached to the King Master Suite.
• A refrigerator/freezer, a microwave oven, a toaster and a coffee maker including regular and decaf coffee are provided in this room.
• The room has French doors leading outside to a covered porch, and another door leading out to a deck with a jetted spa for guest's private use.
• There is a lockable door that completely closes off the guest wing from the rest of the home to provide for your complete privacy.
PRIVATE LOWER LEVEL GAME & WORKOUT ROOM (1,400 square feet)
• This room has a pool table, a foosball table, exercise equipment, a TV and DirecTV DVR, a sofa that folds out into a queen-size bed and an attached half bathroom.
• Six very comfortable sleeping pads are also provided that can be placed on the floor in this room and in the upper level guest space to provide flexible sleeping arrangements for the allowed maximum of ten guests. You will need to provide your own bedding or sleeping bags for use with these sleeping pads.
SHARED KITCHEN, DINING AREA & OUTDOOR EATING AREA.
• These areas are shared among guests and hosts. Please coordinate with the hosts about the timing of using these spaces so we will know when you need to use them.
• UPPER LEVEL: The upper level of the home is 4,700 square feet. The hosts are full-time residents of the 3,200 square foot main portion of the upper level, and will be living in that portion of the home during your stay.
• Guests have exclusive private access to the 1,500 square foot separate guest space on the upper level.
• Guests also have shared access to the hosts kitchen, dining area, and outdoor eating area on the back deck with propane BBQ grill. Please coordinate with the hosts about the timing of using these spaces so we will know when you need to use them.
• LOWER LEVEL: Guests have exclusive access to the 1,400 square foot game and workout room on the lower level plus the outdoor patio, the fire pit area and the pond.
• CHECK-IN: When you arrive, ring the doorbell at the main entrance to the home, and we will direct you to the guest space and get you oriented. Check-in time is 3 PM and check-out time is NOON.
• KEYS: Will be provided if you want them.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
• The hosts, Belinda and Scott, are available between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM to assist in any way possible to help make your stay more enjoyable. If you need something, just ask.
• When you want privacy, close and lock the door between the guest space and the main part of the house, and enjoy your private retreat.
• The property is part of the Smith Creek Ranch planned development, a private subdivision, located within easy walking or biking distance of downtown Graeagle, in a secluded valley with a large meadow.
• The home is situated on ten acres of secluded and wooded property with approximately 1,200 feet of frontage on year-round Smith Creek, which flows from spring-fed Smith Lake in the Lakes Basin Recreation Area. The ten-acre lot is completely flat to very gently rolling, and all areas on the lot, including the creek, are easily accessible for walking.
• No neighboring homes on adjacent properties are visible from the house. It is very quiet, and the only sounds that are heard at any time of day or night are the wind in the trees, the birds, the creek, and occasionally a distant train whistle.
• There is no public transportation.
• There is a large parking area at the home that can accommodate several guest vehicles.
• Parking in Graeagle and the surrounding areas is plentiful because of the rural setting.
• Drive, walk or bike to the Mill Pond, grocery store, quaint shops, restaurants, etc. about one to two miles from the home.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
• The Lakes Basin Recreation Area, located 9 miles southwest of Graeagle at an elevation of 6,400 feet, is a beautiful area with granite peaks, picturesque mountain lakes and many miles of hiking trails.
• Graeagle is a former lumber town located in Plumas County at the junction of California highways 70 and 89 in the Mohawk Valley at an elevation of 4,500 feet, and about 60 miles northwest of the Truckee/Lake Tahoe area. It is primarily a vacation and retirement community, and a popular second home community for San Francisco Bay Area residents.
• Graeagle has very light traffic, no stoplights, and clean, pure mountain air. It is a golf destination and a central hub for all sorts of outdoor activities including Golfing, Fishing, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Mountain Biking, and much more.
• Three quarters of Plumas County consists of U.S. National Forest, and State and Federal scenic recreation areas. With over 2,600 square miles and a population of 20,000 people, the county’s population density is less than 8 people per square mile.
Scott is a retired electrical engineer and business entrepreneur. Belinda is an interior designer. We have two adult children and three adult grandchildren. We designed and built the home, and have lived here for 16 years. We moved here from Sunnyvale in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Scott Warner purchased this house in 2000
The property is part of the Smith Creek Ranch planned development, a private subdivision, located within easy walking or biking distance of downtown Graeagle, in a secluded valley with a large meadow.
The home is situated on ten acres of secluded and wooded property with approximately 1,200 feet of frontage on year-round Smith Creek, which flows from spring-fed Smith Lake in the Lakes Basin Recreation Area. The ten-acre lot is completely flat to very gently rolling, and all areas on the lot, including the creek, are easily accessible for walking.
No neighboring homes on adjacent properties are visible from the house. It is very quiet, and the only sounds that are heard at any time of day or night are the wind in the trees, the birds, the creek, and occasionally a distant train whistle.
I sat in a deluxe 103° jaccuzi outside my private suite, in a snowstorm. The wifi was robust. Scott and Belinda are top notch people.
This is definitely the most beautiful rental property that we have ever stayed at. Wow!! Our family of six rented this house for our niece’s wedding at The Corner Barn in Graeagle and it was perfect. We wish we could have spent more than three nights.
Scott and Belinda were wonderful hosts and made us feel at home right away. They had every detail covered for our every need and gave recommendations on things to do, places to visit, eat, etc. which was fabulous because we were new to the area. Graeagle and the surrounding area has lots to offer.
We loved the gorgeous house and the beautiful “dream” kitchen with all the amenities. The living space was huge, with great bedrooms, bathrooms and closet space. The rec room was amazing with everything we could ask for and more – pool table, foosball, ping pong board games, exercise equipment, etc. They have thought of everything - right down to all the fixings for s’mores for the fire pit. We also enjoyed taking walks in the neighborhood and by the creek.
We highly recommend this beautiful home and wish we could have spent more time enjoying all the wonderfulness of this place. Can’t wait to return!
We rented this property to accommodate our large family for our daughter's wedding that was held in Graeagle. This home was perfect! It was so comfortable and spacious and allowed us the time needed for visiting with our relatives. We held the rehearsal dinner here and the outside deck was stunning! The owners of this property were the most gracious hosts. We came home from the wedding rehearsal and they had set up all the tables on the outside deck for us. They would tend to our needs while also giving us the space we needed. With so many details in planning a wedding, what a relief knowing we had a great place to stay. I highly recommend staying at this gorgeous home!
We frequently stay in Graeagle at one of the local hotels. This time we had friends with us and so we opted for something different. At first I was apprehensive at the idea of the owners being onsite, however Scott and Belinda are wonderful hosts. They have a beautiful home and at no point did you feel like you were intruding on them. The property is spectacular. The grounds were well kept and the gardens tastefully designed. It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend! What a great experience!
We stayed with another golf loving couple for six nights. The place is very spacious. The owners are very hospitable. We felt quite comfortable using the owners kitchen area when needed. It was too hot this time to make use of the hot tub and firepit. Maybe next year!
This would be a great place for kids with the pool table, ping pong and foosball table. There are two sleeper sofas plus mats for younger ones to sleep.
Our stay was delightful and Scott and his wife were great hosts! They greeted us when we arrived and gave us a full tour of their property. Great house for many guests that are attending a wedding at the barn. We had 7 guests and there could have been 14 if needed sleeping comfortably.
Highly recommend this house to anyone staying the in the greyeagle area.
Oh and the house had a creek in walking distance on their property with a hot tub too!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £21 per night, per additional guest|