Three Bedroom With Large Living Room, Large Kitchen and a Rec Room downstairs
About Gloria Wilson
My husband parents own a house on this lake. He has been coming to this lake every summer for the past 58 years and I have been lucky enough to have been with him here at the lake for the last 25!
Gloria Wilson purchased this House in 2015
Why Gloria Wilson chose Traverse City
Rennie Lake is very special because of there is no public access we don't have large crowds on the lake. You can enjoy swimming, skiing, and fishing or........Just relax and enjoy watching deer, loons, bald eagles!
What makes this House unique
The sunsets from the deck and sitting around a campfire are things to remember for a lifetime!
The house was perfect for our family of 8. Very clean and plenty of space. We used the pontoon, kayaks and water bikes for fun and relaxing days on the lake. The little beach is good for kids to play. Lots of shade on the property also. The lake was warm and clean and quiet. There is a very nice, shaded walking trail nearby called Brown Bridge Quiet area. Went there a few times. Traverse City is 20 -25 minutes away. Owners were very responsive to our questions. Would definitely go back.
The cabin was nice and well equipped with everything we needed and more. Plenty of room inside lots of movies to choose from for everyone. Loved having washer and dryer! Owners were very responsive to any requests we had. Plenty of room to relax and enjoy the pontoon (we rented) kayaks paddle bikes and paddle boat. I enjoyed kayaking early in the morning brought my coffee and just enjoyed the solitude of the lake. Our grandkids swam in the lake and went into Traverse city 20 minutes away and also sleeping bear dune climb one day a bit of a drive but worth it. Great fire pit and all the wood you could. Possibly need.
Perfect family getaway
Our family had an amazing week here! We decided to rent the pontoon boat, and we used it at least once every day. All of the included equipment was great too! We would definitely recommend staying here.
Away From It All, But Close To Everything
We were very pleased with our trip to Pine Shadows. While the house is dated, it's not in a way that makes you feel like it's ill maintained and it is very, very clean. The owners are very responsive and attentive (they live across the lake from the property) and can help you with most questions within minutes.
Things that can be improved:
1. Linens,etc for the futons.
2. More towels for guests
3. It looks like maybe the kitchen stuff has been picked over, so replenishing that (spatchulas, bowls, etc)
4. A screen door on the back door - all those windows and none of them open - the door open would be amazing to move some air in there. We wished for this every night.
5. A good power-washing of the decks and furniture.
6. Get rid of all those remotes that don't control anything! :)
7. Could you keep some cleaning supplies on hand like a Swiffer? It got dirty in there real fast. We could help you keep it clean with some supplies on hand.
For guests coming in (and you should totally stay here, it's an amazing piece of property - really incredible and quiet):
1. Bring extra blankets.
2. Don't rely on the Internet.
3. Keep the lights out all day and the shades pulled and in the evening it will be a perfect temperature.
4. Contact the family if you need anything, they are prompt and invested in your stay.
5. Stay out of TC and on the Lake! I mean that's what you are there for isn't it?
6. Book the boat early, you're gonna want to swim in the middle of the lake.
7. Bring bikes if you can. So many places to explore locally via bike.
8. Walk the trails.
9. Don't feed the stupid geese. They are obnoxious.
10. Sit outside as much as possible. It's the perfect blend of sun and shade here.
11. Bring your favorite kitchen stuff. You will want a good flipper for burgers and tongs for the grill, grab some tin foil at the store.
We had a lovely visit. I really mean it. The decks, docks and beach area are awesome and the service the best we have ever had in a VRBO rental. We'll be back. Right price, right location, right hosts.
Beautiful, serene setting
We just finished our week at Pine Shadows. The home is great and right on the lake. We rented the pontoon boat. It was great for scenic rides, fishing and to swim out in the middle of the lake. The kayaks, water bikes and paddle boat were enjoyed by all. The kids enjoyed catching frogs, crayfish and minnows at the water’s edge. Didn’t miss cable tv at all. We had fires every night and made s’mores. Enjoyed a day trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes and Charlevoix area. Peegeo’s was a great find for dinner - did take out one night and then learned they will deliver to Kantz Road so we had delivery twice.
We enjoyed our vacation very much.
We enjoyed listening to the loons and taking the pontoon boat out everyday to the sandy island. The lake was never very busy and the water was very clear. We had a great time.
Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes & Mackinac Island day trips are fun for kids & adults. Traverse City Cherry Festival, Film Festival during July & many others throughout the summer. Top music venues at Interlochen School of the Arts.