|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
This historic 1880s train depot is located in the quiet town of Cornwall Bridge, Connecticut, about two hours' drive north of Manhattan. The peaceful spot was immortalized by James Thurber and in photos by Walker Evans.
The two large downstairs rooms feature feature high ceilings, plenty of light and stunning woodwork. Wonderful for an artist or photographer, this space can be used as a studio, or simply as a relaxing living room. The adjoining open, modern kitchen has a full refrigerator and freezer, oven, dishwasher and appliances.
The renovated second floor, which has gables and beautifully angled walls, has two sunny bedrooms and an office with a working fireplace.
There are one and a half bathrooms; the upstairs bathroom has a shower in an antique claw-foot bathtub. The Weber BBQ grill is perfect for outdoor cooking.
Renowned for fly fishing, the peaceful Housatonic River is just across the lawn. Mohawk Ski Area is ten minutes away and other ski areas north on route 7 in Mass.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£320|
1. Hours: Check-in time is after 3 pm EST; check-out time by 12 pm EST.
2. Noise: Guest shall not allow on the premises any excessive noise or other activity which disturbs the peace and quiet of the neighbors.
3. Septic: The septic system is fine; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Guest will NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper.
4. Fireplace: Guest must open the damper when fireplace is in use, and close it when the fire is out. Keep the screen in front so that embers don't fly out onto the floor.
5. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included; daily maid service is not included.
6. Smoking/Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside premises. A minimum fee of $500.00 will be charged to guest if smoking- or pet-related cleaning is required.
7. Liability: Home Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. Home Owner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the property or others whom they invite to use the property.
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.