* 24-Hour Concierge * Fitness Center with Yoga Room * Direct Elevator Access to Crystal City Metro, restaurants and shops * Business Center * Club Room * Game Room * Resort-Style Swimming Pool * Central Outdoor Lounge with Stone Fireplace and Multi-Level Terrace Featuring a Formal Garden * Library * Outdoor Grilling Stations * Rooftop Sundeck * Putting Green * On-Site Dry Cleaning Service
Minimum age of primary renter:18
We spent four nights in this property. It is in a great location near the Metro with restaurants within walking distance. We were there as tourists so basically just slept there. We didn't cook, but the kitchen had dishes and utensils.
The concierge could not find the keys when we arrived. I thought this was just a one-time issue, but there are three other reviews for this property. Two of them had problems getting the keys. This is a problem that needs to be addressed. Took us an hour to get in - after a 10 hour drive.
The bathrooms and kitchen are rather dated, but they served their purposes. The rest of the apartment is nicely furnished with large windows. But the blinds need to be replaced - old, bent and dirty. And the coffee maker had old, nasty grounds in it. And the bathroom had something blue on the counter. It wiped up easily - it might have been a cleaning product - but the housekeepers that they employ should be much more thorough.
The only things supplied are toilet paper, sheets and towels. And I do mean towels. There was not one washcloth to be found. No idea what that was about. If you like to use a washcloth, throw one in your bag and then throw in a ZIPLOC bag for the trip home. The washer/dryer is a nice addition if you're staying for more than a few days.
Overall, it was a good value for the money. Not perfect, but not terrible. And the free parking is a very nice bonus.
The apartment was ok for my needs. Visited DC for professional training so I was gone all day and used the apartment in the evening and overnight. When I checked in it took nearly two hours to get the keys. The concierge didn’t have them and had to have a set made. The space was generally clean and had plenty of storage space. Washer and dryer were nice. However, the kitchen felt a little dirty - sticky floor and cabinets and the coffee maker had old coffee grounds in it that were moldy. The bed wasn’t fully made - missing a top sheet and pillowcase - but I found some in a linen closet. The bed was very firm so it was not comfortable for my taste. There were some basic comforts that were not included - no blow dryer, shampoo, soap, kitchen towel or paper towels. Also, a couple lightbulbs were burned out and some of the plugs didn’t work in various rooms.
It did the trick, but not comfortably
1. I had a work obligation the first day in residence, and wanted to claim one night of the 5 night stay on an expense voucher. Only problem is that repeated requests for a closed out statement or folio were never successful, in spite of manager's assurance that it would be done.
2. Husband and I were in the area for a large family gathering and dinner. I found the kitchen to be adequate. Although the appliances were old, they worked and there were enough pots and pans, etc. If you expect to use the kitchen, bring everything: salt, pepper, oil, dish washer soap, dish towels, etc. As they are not supplied. For the last 2 days, the overhead light in the kitchen was burned out. Told the concierge, but there was no replacement while we were there.
3. The television did not work the entire time we were there. Reporting to the concierge did not result in a resolution. Various other small things, such as electric sockets not working, other burned out lights, out-dated (out of code) hot and cold water faucets in bathrooms were minor inconveniences.
4. If you sleep lightly, prepare to be awakened at 5:30am when Reagan Airport has its first flight. The apartment faces the airport and the noise level is very high.
Otherwise, the apartment is nicely furnished, sunny and spacious. The washer-dryer is new and was very welcome. Bring your own clothes soap if you expect to wash.
In summary, it was adequate for our needs, but we would never stay there again.
Trouble with getting keys from concierge.
Not good for 2 guests who don't want to share 1 bed.
Crystal City is an urban neighborhood in the southeastern corner of Arlington County, Virginia, just south of downtown Washington, D.C. Arlington is less a suburb than an extension of the nation’s capital. It’s the home of the Pentagon, Arlington National Cemetery, and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, with Potomac Park offering beautiful views across the river to the National Mall.
The community provides a wider range of living options than most of Washington proper and has long been a popular home base for government employees as well as military personnel. A major reason for Arlington’s popularity is that there is so much to do: Washington may be packed with monuments, museums, and other sightseeing landmarks, but Arlington holds the advantage when it comes to the more day-to-day shopping, dining, entertainment, and nightlife.