Grand Welcome Vacation Rentals
- English, Spanish
Spacious villa with excellent views of the ocean; however property is showing its age
Spent 5 nights here as part of a family reunion. We selected the property due to its location, views and size of the condo. I will give you the pros and cons:
1. Property is very spacious and well laid out.
2. The views are very nice and the lanai is superb
3. The kitchen (while showing its age) is huge and makes for a great entertaining space
1. First and foremost the management company might be the worse I have ever dealt with and I mean from start to finish. Emails go unanswered, phone calls are made and resolutions are promised and nothing. I have a chain of emails going back for 2 days that remain unanswered. If you have an issue at this property you will be on your own.
2. The pool and ocean (while sort of close) are spartan. The pool is slightly better as there are towels and chairs available. However the pool is so cold that my kids wouldn't swim in it! The ocean situation is totally wrong. I booked the unit based on the pics of the ocean and bay seemingly close and inviting. Neither are true. The ocean is a hike and once you get there you best be prepared to sit on the sand because you are going to have to fight for a beach chair with 100s of people from the Marriott next door. There is no beach service either (at least for us) so if you want water, drinks, food you need to bring your own cooler. This was very disappointing to our group.
3. The unit is showing its age. The lanai and bedrooms are fine but the kitchen (being close to 15 years old I think) has seen better days. This unit has been used so much that the writing and characters on the appliances are indistinguishable as they have been removed from use). The stove is so small you cannot even fit the oven trays they provide into it. It is large but it is in need of a full renovation.
4. The management company/owner don't provide much of anything at the unit (there TP, paper towels, some garbage bags and a odd collection of spices) but be prepared to bring everything else.
5. Finally, the unit has ants and cockroaches that are readily out and about. I understand this is the tropics and I am sure they so some pest control but they need to increase it because while we were there the critters are winning the battle!
I wanted so much to like this rental and there are good things about it but after weighing all the pros and cons I cannot recommend. When I go back to the Big Island I will find a different unit with a different mgmt. co!
We're sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've encountered during your stay.
We were unable to locate the emails in our customer care team's inbox. I believe you may have been reaching out to our on site team during your stay. I do apologize & we have made changes in our arrival instructions for our future guests to reach out to our customer care team directly for a quicker & more frequent response.
We add the resort amenities pictures to illustrate the amenities guests will have access to. The Kolea at the Waikoloa Beach Resort is not a part of the Marriott. However, guests are allowed to use the services offered such as the restaurants and bars nearby.
We do provide a starter kit of supplies such as paper towels, trash bags, dish soap. However, we have made recommendations to our team to provide more supplies for our guests.
Because we are located on a tropical island, the critters are common. We do try our best to fumigate the properties multiple times a year in order to prevent as many critters as possible. But due to the tropical weather, it is inevitable.
We do apologize for the inconveniences & will strive to provide a better experience for our future guests.
This place was absolutely beautiful
This place exceeded our expectations. It has a beautiful view of the bay with a great lanai and large bedrooms. It was very private and the pool was beautiful.
Nice view and furnishings
amazing location for a family holiday and apartment was awesome for our family..lots of space and very clean and tidy. thank you for having us.
Aloha Kim, Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay! We would love to have you back, please let us know if we can help you with a future booking. Mahalo, Customer Service - Abbey Vacation Rentals / SunQuest Vacations
Very much enjoyed our stay
The unit was lovely, the lanai and view were fantastic and really was a terrific condo.
A couple minor items that need to be addressed; the right side of the BBQ does not light, there should be facial tissue or Kleenex in the bathrooms and the service light is lite in the refrigerator....
With that said we will stay there again......
Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay! I will have maintenance address the BBQ, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have you back, please let us know if we can help you with a future booking.
Abbey Vacation Rentals